Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So umm... how the hell do we beat the Broncos?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Peyton was unreal last night. 460yards 7TDs ! He is on pace for 112TDs and over 7000 yards!!

I hope Eli was watching football on his phone, cause that is what we need him to be this season!
    The OL says otherwise.
    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by imstilripped View Post
      Steamrolled the Niners with Kildrives offense huh? You mean when we kicked FG after FG after getting a trillion turnovers on D, or when we punted about 10x in a row in the NFCG before their PR saved us by fumbling the ball away? Yeah, those were 2 mighty impressive offensive explosions there genius. Yes, please keep going!
      How about you start reading prior conversations before jumping in without any idea of what we are talking about with your only intentions being discrediting Gilbride's system.

We ran for over 100 yards against the league's best run/overall defense who hadn't allowed a 100 yard rusher in 20 consecutive home games or a rushing TD in the last 10 home games, and controlled the clock. That is not steamrolling? Oh that's right...we didn't hang 500 total yards of offense so it's not legit, because EVERYONE does that on the 49ers defense. Gimme a break.

The NFC Championship game we ran for almost 100 yards again against the best rush defense in the league and Eli threw for over 300 yards and two TDs against one of the stingiest pass defenses and best pass rushes in the league. OMG but we punted a few times so that completely dismisses those stats.

If I was to step outside the debate that DarkSaint and I were having about beating great defenses which you failed to understand, I could also mention the dismantling of the Atlanta Falcons and Green Bay Packers in back to back games prior to the NFCCG. But we might have kicked a field goal or punted a few times so don't count that.

The bottom line is you're trying to discredit impressive victories by finding any little thing to bash Gilbride, which is sad.

Your sig and avatar tells this board everything it needs to know about your intentions on here.

You get nothing. You lose. Good day sir.
      Last edited by Giantz4Life; 09-06-2013, 02:29 PM.

Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

Comment

Peyton was unreal last night. 460yards 7TDs ! He is on pace for 112TDs and over 7000 yards!!

I hope Eli was watching football on his phone, cause that is what we need him to be this season!
        Eli will never be that obviously, Peyton is a football god amongst men, but he could have a career year with the weapons he has if the O-Line can keep him upright.

Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

Comment

• If our Dline can get pressure and hit Peyton in the mouth he will get happy feet and make bad decisions like any other QB. Strahan said it best, "no quarterback likes be hit"... That is the key to the game imo, because if he gets that offense in sync its gonna be hard to win a shootout regardless of how good our offense is.

Comment

He set a pace after one game?
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post
              Mainly because Peyton wouldn't put up with KG's crap for too long and kick him to the curb,

You're right. Peyton's a true leader.

Comment

• Peyton would never accept play calls that are proven duds. He would fight to get the plays changed that are proven to not work. He wouldn't let a sh*tty OC dictate the game when nothings working...

Comment

• Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
                  Rivers.....Connor.....Paysinger.

Case closed.
                  Well since you brought it up, it would've been nice if the Giants picked up Trevathan from the Broncos. He was a 6th round pick last year and played great last night other than his fumble. But it's much easier to manage a team in hindsight.

Comment

• The answer is Denver's defense looked like crap, so we score points, and we hope Payton has an off night.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
                      You're right. Peyton's a true leader.
                      What does a true leader mean? And you're implying a 2x SB MVP isn't one?

Comment

• Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post
                        What does a true leader mean?
                        You don't know? Here's a definition for you: A person who has commanding authority or influence over others.

Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post
                        And you're implying a 2x SB MVP isn't one?
                        I didn't say Eli wasn't a leader although in 2007 he was far from it. In 2011 he clearly led us with his play. Bottom line is Eli's a leader, but he's not on the same level of his brother, as even you noted.

Comment

• Originally posted by rtr1105 View Post
                          Well since you brought it up, it would've been nice if the Giants picked up Trevathan from the Broncos. He was a 6th round pick last year and played great last night other than his fumble. But it's much easier to manage a team in hindsight.
                          hes their version of jwill. a cover lb...dunno how much of a diff he'd make if we asked him to be an everdown lb.

Comment

• Originally posted by BBlue4ever View Post
                            Peyton would never accept play calls that are proven duds. He would fight to get the plays changed that are proven to not work. He wouldn't let a sh*tty OC dictate the game when nothings working...
                            exactly. what is going on, as soon as the prior play concludes, the OC is immediately sending in the next play call to Peyton as to give him the maximum amount of time to switch in and out of plays.

i honestly think a lot of people are confused about what peyton does presnap and what eli is doing presnap. i actually do NOT believe eli has the same luxuries as Peyton. Peyton is actually signaling individual receivers, and changing the route theyre gonna run. he's doing that for each primary target. Eli MIGHT be doing a version of that, but he's moreso checking in and out of plays (runs and passes), maybe we should try to incorporate some of what peytons doing here. not even in terms of the no huddle even tho i believe eli would run it nearly as well. but give eli the ability to check in and out of nicks and cruz and randle etc, and change their routes based on what he sees presnap.

only thing is, KG would have to abandon the habit of sending in the play with 20-15 dam seconds left on the gameclock. dont have enough time to do all that presnap stuff with how late the plays are sent in.

edit- actually that'd go against KG's read n react route scheme i guess so thats moot...

Comment

• Typical overreaction to one game
                              How do they even get to the Super Bowl
                              Peyton reacts to pressure much like Sanchez
                              Not well
                              We will face NE in the SB

Comment

• Originally posted by NYKiller View Post
                                To beat the Broncos you have to know the strength and weaknesses of the Broncos. The Giants need to do what they do best on defense and that is go after the quarterback. If the Giants can beat-up Peyton Manning, they have a good shot at winning the game because the giants should be motivated to give Eli his first win against big brother, who is always watching lol.
                                I know there is 30 other quarterbacks shaking their heads right now saying how do I top that? But we all know how crazy last years opening game was with GB and SF I think it was going back and forth in high scoring game. We all said how's anyone going to beat those two..
                                Football has been very, very good to us.
                                After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                                But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                                2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                                3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                                4-New York Giants!!!
                                5-NE
                                Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Working...
                                X