Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jacquian Williams???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jacquian Williams???

    whats the deal with williams? he used to be a starter (or at least saw plenty of playing time over the past few years), and now he's not even being mentioned as someone viable for the position.

  • #2
    Did you watch the game last week? He played a solid game, as did paysinger.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Williams is now a specialist nickel linebacker from what I can tell... Paysinger plays the 4-3 weakside LB.

      I expect Williams to get a lot of snaps since we're going to be in a lot of nickel this week...

      I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

      Comment


      • #4
        i agree with your points, but nobody is even mentioning him with all the linebacker debate. surely he can fill the job without too many holes compared to whatever scraps are left on the market that don't even understand our defense yet.

        Comment


        • #5
          I think Paysinger has passed him as an every down player. Williams is excellent pass coverage and that seems to be his new niche.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
            Williams is now a specialist nickel linebacker from what I can tell... Paysinger plays the 4-3 weakside LB.

            I expect Williams to get a lot of snaps since we're going to be in a lot of nickel this week...
            I am hoping his speed will help neutralize Peyton's effectiveness
            Last edited by RoanokeFan; 09-13-2013, 01:52 PM.
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

            Comment


            • #7
              yea williams gets alot of run.. he just doesnt start or lineup in base packages but he is always on the field in sub packages

              Comment


              • #8
                Paysinger is more Physical than Williams especially against the Run and I would say Paysinger is probably our best Linebacker at the moment

                I would like to see Paysinger, Williams and Rivers on the field together personally but Williams really need to get stronger, I am surprise he haven't bulked up or maybe Giants want to keep him at his current weight so he can keep that speed and athleticism

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Sicko View Post
                  Paysinger is more Physical than Williams especially against the Run and I would say Paysinger is probably our best Linebacker at the moment

                  I would like to see Paysinger, Williams and Rivers on the field together personally but Williams really need to get stronger, I am surprise he haven't bulked up or maybe Giants want to keep him at his current weight so he can keep that speed and athleticism
                  Plus he's coming off a knee injury
                  "Team sports are a different animal. They tap into deep seeded tribal instincts. Our team vs your team used to be our tribe vs your tribe. Winner takes all – land, plunder, women. You inherently care when you are aligned with a tribe/team. The players are interchangeable but team always stays the same." - JOESONDO from UG forum

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    williams did bulk up. and there was a play the other day where he absolutely blew a cowboy olineman off his feet!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by embeshAtYa View Post
                      williams did bulk up. and there was a play the other day where he absolutely blew a cowboy olineman off his feet!
                      Yeah that was a great play by Williams but still looks kinda small to me though

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        that play did give me a semi chubb

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X