Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not Eli nor Scot, the Two Minute Warning cause for Giants 1st loss.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not Eli nor Scot, the Two Minute Warning cause for Giants 1st loss.

I think what happened in first game of season for Giants was that the two minute warning took the Giants out of their groove as they were driving for the winning touchdown. Sometimes team loses the groove like icing the kicker by calling a time-out so the two minute warning may just have served to stop the rally for the Giants while giving the Dallas Cowboys defense much needed rest to react better to the next play after the two minute warning.

No....turnovers and mistakes cost us the game. Without them, we blow Dallas out.
    I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

They lost because they scored less points than the other team. You can't nail the cause down to one instance because so many things went wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
        They lost because they scored less points than the other team. You can't nail the cause down to one instance because so many things went wrong.
        That pretty much sums it up. Focused on Denver .

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
          Both teams made mistakes as most teams usually do, but mistakes are bigger and more magnified down the stretch in close winnable games. Hey, if they were getting blown out 27-10 in middle of the game and another interception or fumble occurs, it's no big deal since they may be risking it or other team may be risking something, but when both teams are under pressure in the final minutes with game on the line, both teams were supposed to be playing at top of their game so some time-out can help the team that's on its heals as Dallas was.

Comment

Originally posted by FBomb View Post
            No....turnovers and mistakes cost us the game. Without them, we blow Dallas out.

Hard to argue with that
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Wilson cost us the game. Putting teannie tiny RB in there at their home opener in Dallas was sheer madness.......he looked like a High School kid out there

Scott should have started that game and Wilson brought in when the game was a lock

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                Hard to argue with that
                Oh but they will!!!
                I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Oh but they will!!!
                  Ya think?
                  “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Could it be Wilson is shy of contact and afraid to cut a 300 lb lineman.......or better yet block him?

I saw him actually dive to the ground to avoid the charging lineman when Eli took his fist sack........How they could possibly put him back in there after watching video of that is beyond me......it would be criminal.....after watching that girly block I would have asked him to meet me in my office (and bring your playbook)

When I see this guy and compare him to say Clinton Portis (probably the best blocking all round RB of all time) in my mind, it blows all my curcuits

I had heard he was a poor blocker but poor would be a compliment
                    Last edited by BParcells777; 09-14-2013, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BParcells777 View Post
                      Could it be Wilson is shy of contact and afraid to cut a 300 lb lineman.......or better yet block him?

I saw him actually dive to the ground to avoid the charging lineman when Eli took his fist sack........How they could possibly put him back in there after watching that is beyond me......it would be criminal

When I see this guy and compare him to say Clinton Portis (probably the best blocking all round RB of all time) in my mind, it blows all my curcuits
                      The only way for Wilson to develop is to get into the games, the Marines are just going to have to wait their turn.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                        The only way for Wilson to develop is to get into the games, the Marines are just going to have to wait their turn.
                        Right on. He needs to learn from experience.

That two minute warning just threw of Eli Manning's groove/timing while the Dallas Defense rested up and was prepared. It was a freak interception though that it deflected right into a defenseman's hands.

Comment

Exactly!!

Comment

Truth

Comment

Originally posted by BParcells777 View Post

I saw him actually dive to the ground to avoid the charging lineman when Eli took his fist sack........How they could possibly put him back in there after watching video of that is beyond me......it would be criminal.....after watching that girly block I would have asked him to meet me in my office (and bring your playbook)

I had heard he was a poor blocker but poor would be a compliment
                              This....coming from a guy that thinks Chase Blackburn has talent
                              "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Comment

Working...
                              X