Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fizzlesticks View Post
    What game were you watching??
    Same one I was watching. I wonder if any of the clowns blaming the D ever played organized football.
    Emperor Tom

Comment

Sorry but Paysinger is awful. He was pathetic on the end around.
      Torque it till it breaks, then back off a 1/4 turn.

Comment

The only thing that stopped Peyton in the first half is that the rest of his offensive teammates are mere mortals....they had that fumble (credit to Cullen Jenkins, who is one of the few guys on defense that is playing well), and a few critical drops.

The Giants offense and the Broncos offense both made some mistakes in the 1st half. In the 2nd half, the Broncos corrected their mistakes, the Giants did not, and the rout was on.

But during the entire game, the defense looked like ****, other than the secondary and the DTs. The DEs and the Linebackers were absolutely putrid.

Again, JPP has a bad back and really should even be dressing at this point. They should swap him out for one of the 83 guys they currently have on the defensive line. Tuck looked soft......on that first Moreno TD, he was blown back by ****ing tight end, and thanks to Paysinger's crappy angle, blocked him out of the play as well.

The defense is soft, and our DC is panicking because he's not getting a 4 man rush.
        "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

Originally posted by Blue_Thunder View Post
          Thats fine. I just figured you'd have more ammo than "wow", since the team largely backed up my point of view. The defense was the only thing keeping them in the game for the first 3 quarters while the offense was busy crapping all over themselves. You dont beat Peyton Manning with FG's, and not playing solid defense means you are going to be losing a whole lot worse than 10-9 after two quarters of football against him.

I'll leave it be.
          Your opinion is supported by your words. That's why they're opinions, not facts.

You can call whatever you want a good defensive performance. My opinion is different based on what I consider good defensive performances I've seen in the past. It is what it is.

I agree with your points about the offense. Not scoring TDs, not being able to run the ball and turning the ball over is not going to beat a good team like the Broncos. I just can't take that all the way to absolving the defense or believing they're to responsible for their own poor play. And the whole "the defense is tired because of the offense" is just a lame excuse and one that gets trotted out on these boards constantly. The defense is tired because they give up tons of yards and don't get themselves off the field.

The offense has its own problems and they are serious. 73 rushing yards in two games and a 1.5 yards per carry avg in this game is very, very poor. But the idea that those numbers ameliorate the defensive issues or that the defense was tired...I can't buy it. My opinion on the matter is different. I mean if we're gonna claim the defense is tired could the TOP at least support the premise?

Comment

Originally posted by NWKEffectElement View Post
            Same one I was watching. I wonder if any of the clowns blaming the D ever played organized football.
            Think there's a big difference between blaming the defense and thinking they're good. They can't be blamed for this loss, the offense played much further below expectations than the defense did.

That doesn't make the defense good.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
              I honestly for the life of me can't understand why people are saying the defense is bad right now. OK, they aren't creating the turnovers or getting sacks or pressure, but they held Peyton and the Broncos to 10 points in the fist half. 10 damn points. Eli easily cost us. Hands down. When you keep you defense on the field, eventually it will fail. The d was solid today, and offense is garbage and Eli is color blind.
              Check the TOP before telling us how tired the defense was. Again, the offense bears this loss because they played like crap, can't run the ball and tuned the ball over often. It it's not a binary equation. The defense had a god half, not a good game. The offense sucking doesn't somehow make the defense good.

Comment

Wrong everything is not terrible, our wide reciever core is probably the best in the league, our tight end is a great possession tight end, but he cant block thats the problem. Cruz, Nicks, Randle, Murphy Jr (who has blazing speed he should be on the field) Jernigan sucks i have no idea why he doesnt have Murphy in their.
                David Wilson is going to be fine, he will bust out one of those 100 yd runs very soon, he has talent that can come out of nowhere, coughlin will def use him next week. our DEFENSE OUR DEFENSE is awfuuuuuul and PERRY FEWELL IS SO BAD, WHERE ARE THE BLITZES!!????

Comment

The defense has its flaws, but it's hard to get on them when they have to defend a short field due to turnovers or after punts from the end zone. They are playing the run better than last year and the pass coverage has been acceptable for the most part.

On the negative side, the pass rush is not there and the LB corps could need an upgrade, but I'm not that upset with the D at this point in time. Total points allowed doesn't tell the whole story.

All in all, the whole team looks out of sync at the moment. They have lost 7 out of their last 10 games so something is clearly not working.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                    Think there's a big difference between blaming the defense and thinking they're good. They can't be blamed for this loss, the offense played much further below expectations than the defense did.

+10

Comment

what makes me upset about this team not only the defense but the team, is that the talent level is so high and we either dont play at the level we should be playing at or someone gets hurt, like stevie brown a huge asset, led thleague with 9 picks and he was such a good ov the top dback. luckily terrel thomas is playing at a very high level, but yes our defense right now sucks, it is only the 2nd game guys going into carolina next week, we should blitz some corners and trap newton and rely on amukumara and webster with 1 0n 1 coverage web has looked ok at this point you you have nothing to lose.

Comment

Check the TOP before telling us how tired the defense was. Again, the offense bears this loss because they played like crap, can't run the ball and tuned the ball over often. It it's not a binary equation. The defense had a god half, not a good game. The offense sucking doesn't somehow make the defense good.
                        You can't put the defense in a vacuum like that. You have to take into account the poor offensive production and time of possession in the second half. If the O can put it in the endzone a time or 2 it would help the defense a bit. Don't you think?
                        # 80 (For FBomb)

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
                          Sorry but Paysinger is awful. He was pathetic on the end around.
                          Yep. This is what I was thinking the whole game. Seemed like alot of the big runs and the punt return were his fault. Lb is obviously the weak spot on d. Offensively, it's bad run blocking and too manyFGs in the red zone

Comment

Originally posted by GiantRoc View Post
                            You can't put the defense in a vacuum like that. You have to take into account the poor offensive production and time of possession in the second half. If the O can put it in the endzone a time or 2 it would help the defense a bit. Don't you think?

Of course, without question. But I just can not accept that it's a binary equation, nothing is that simple or - as you say - exists in a vacuum. The offense sucks therefore the defense is good or blameless; neither is true in my book. To me it's not only possible, but probable that they could both suck. The defense played good enough to keep the game close if the offense played much better, but they were not good. The game wasn't close because the offense sucked so much that they couldn't keep it close. I saw it this way. Denver defense was better than the Giant defense, Denver offense was much, much better than the Giant offense. I honestly saw the game shaping up to be a close loss. The way I saw it evolving was that I didn't believe - even if the Giant offense was playing well - that they'd win. Once Denver got it's offensive momentum going (and no, that wasn't caused by the offense making the Giant defensive exhausted, Denver has a really good offense, that's all) they were going to score. I did not believe the Giants offense would keep up. I thought they'd show up and keep it close but they'd fall short for two reasons. The Denver offense is better than the Giant offense and the Denver defense is better than the Giant defense.

If we're discussing degrees of blame, there's no discussion.......it's absolutely on the offense.

Comment

+1. Seems to be the point that the majority of people are missing right now.

Comment

A poor game all around against a better team. The Giants were outperformed in 4 phases: coaching, special teams, offense and defense.

No one is exempt; anyone who says differently has an agenda and isn't worth listening to.
                                totally agree.

I loved the tv shot from behind returner highlighting how many unexcuseable missed tackles were attempted . I wish somebody could post
                                picture of the three GIANTS frozen against one blocker as the returner blows by on right..

Comment

Working...
                                X