Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eli not Elite

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Eli not Elite

    The debate is over. It is really simple. Eli is a QB that can play at elite level for stretches but is not an elite QB. He is too inconsistent to be elite. Lets look at it this way, could you imagine Brady, Peyton or to a lesser extent Rodgers(not even close to best qb in the league) being 0-3? No it wouldn't happen. Elite Qb's will win one of the games by themselves if need be and will a victory. So when he is on his game he can play as well if not better then any of them, he has too many non elite moments to be looked at as Elite.

  • #2
    ahhh, back to the 2009 days I see.

    Comment


    • #3
      Eli is very lucky to be on a decent team. might be the most over rated player ever.

      Comment


      • #4
        cant spell eli without elite

        but seriously, hes on a bad team right now
        The only good race is at suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die

        Comment


        • #5
          The "Bench Players" are in full force today.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by bebil10 View Post
            The debate is over. It is really simple. Eli is a QB that can play at elite level for stretches but is not an elite QB. He is too inconsistent to be elite. Lets look at it this way, could you imagine Brady, Peyton or to a lesser extent Rodgers(not even close to best qb in the league) being 0-3? No it wouldn't happen. Elite Qb's will win one of the games by themselves if need be and will a victory. So when he is on his game he can play as well if not better then any of them, he has too many non elite moments to be looked at as Elite.
            Rodgers is 1-2, and his only victory came against RG3andout...

            I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by EJ Blue View Post
              ahhh, back to the 2009 days I see.
              Address the point. Do you really think we are 0-3 with any of those Qbs?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by JMGGIANTS View Post
                The "Bench Players" are in full force today.
                Amazingly so
                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by JAYPEE View Post
                  cant spell eli without elite

                  but seriously, hes on a bad team right now
                  Name a receiver on New England you would rather have then any of our top 3 guys. Brady would love to even just have Randle.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    plus, every 'elite' QB you mentioned had a coach who either is going to HOF or at least won coach of year, and had a good team around them. The only QB I can think of who is top 5 all time and had to carry his whole team is Marino.
                    The only good race is at suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      name one team Eli would look good on? stop the denile ,he is over rated and he is showing his age already

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by bebil10 View Post
                        Name a receiver on New England you would rather have then any of our top 3 guys. Brady would love to even just have Randle.
                        and look how good Brady has done
                        The only good race is at suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by JAYPEE View Post
                          and look how good Brady has done
                          Better then Eli and they are 3-0. Guess not too bad considering his receivers are the equivalent of our linebackers. Nonexistent.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by bebil10 View Post
                            The debate is over. It is really simple. Eli is a QB that can play at elite level for stretches but is not an elite QB. He is too inconsistent to be elite. Lets look at it this way, could you imagine Brady, Peyton or to a lesser extent Rodgers(not even close to best qb in the league) being 0-3? No it wouldn't happen. Elite Qb's will win one of the games by themselves if need be and will a victory. So when he is on his game he can play as well if not better then any of them, he has too many non elite moments to be looked at as Elite.
                            Maybe you had the video off while you were watching but the Oline
                            was the worst piece of sxxt I have seen in 45 years.

                            No QB can deal with that. Eli is not playing well but U have to put it into perspective.
                            Joe Montana would have looked bad too.
                            sigpic

                            LT - Carson - Kelley - Van Pelt

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Looks like he was told not to throw the ball. Secondly the OL stunk today. He was under pressure all day. Lastly, KG scheme? he needed to change it very early and go with quick slants and get the ball out of eli's hands quicker. But the bigger issue is the lack of talent on both sides of the ball. It points to the draft and not getting the quality between the second and fourth rounds. This portion is on Reese as well as the scouts!!!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X