Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FOFORLIFE View Post
    why... is... this... even... a ...post
    because we have really smart people on here...

Comment

Originally posted by drewz View Post
      The Lions just signed Calvin Johnson to the richest contract a WR ever signed, on top the money they gave to Matthew Stafford. You think they the money sign Hakeem Nicks?

Nicks is the last year of his contract, what team would trade a player and give up a draft for someone who will in all likely hood leave next year..

This thread is just stupid
      Lions are looking for a receiver, which is why I specifically mentioned them. Financially, they may not be the ideal suitor for Nicks, with -- as you said -- the Calvin and Stafford contracts.

But like I said, just because a player is in the final year of their deal, doesn't mean that they have no trade value at all. Aqib Talib, with all of his character concerns, got the Bucs a fourth round pick -- despite serving a 4 game suspension at the time of the trade. So when you ask "what team would trade a draft pick for a player who could leave the next year," look no further than the Pats, who did it just last year.
      My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

This is honestly not a terrible idea. Nicks is in no way returning next year. He is going to want good money and we need to spend ours elsewhere. We have a replacement for him in Randle so deal Hakeem and let Randle get all of the game experience. If this is a lost year, there is zero reason to not try to get some extra picks for next year. And I am saying this despite Nicks being one of my favorite players.

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post
          This is honestly not a terrible idea. Nicks is in no way returning next year. He is going to want good money and we need to spend ours elsewhere. We have a replacement for him in Randle so deal Hakeem and let Randle get all of the game experience. If this is a lost year, there is zero reason to not try to get some extra picks for next year. And I am saying this despite Nicks being one of my favorite players.
          +1. My thought process exactly. If this is a season where we don't make the playoffs, why not use it as a season to build up Randle's experience?

I can't stand the arguments of "it's only his second year". We're in an era in the NFL where people are coming in as rookies and expecting to do well. There should be no problem for a 2nd year WR to make some strides as well.
          Assign infractions here.

Comment

I don't hate Nicks either, he's the only Giants jersey I currently have with stiched names and numbers. I love the dude. But he's not going to make or break our season, and he's got value to him.
            Assign infractions here.

Comment

Nicks has no Value. He's a FA after this year..
              Stop Booing Tiki Barber.

Comment

While we are at it, lets trade away our best corner and our franchise QB as well.

Comment

Originally posted by NYGisBallin View Post
                  Nicks has no Value. He's a FA after this year..
                  To a team like Detroit, I think he would have some value. Probably a 2nd rounder. They have not been good for a while save for one year and are vastly improved this year. I think they would bite.

Comment

Originally posted by Cover3 View Post
                    While we are at it, lets trade away our best corner and our franchise QB as well.
                    This makes no sense. There is not a direct backup that can step in at those positions. Randle backs up Nicks, and we need to see if he can be an impact player. If we were able to sign Nicks after this year, I would say no, but we need to allocate that $ elsewhere.

Comment

This makes no sense. There is not a direct backup that can step in at those positions. Randle backs up Nicks, and we need to see if he can be an impact player. If we were able to sign Nicks after this year, I would say no, but we need to allocate that $ elsewhere.
                      Sorry but Nicks brings way more to the table than Randle does, he is the best WR on the team. We will be in better shape next year as far as the cap is concerned, and we have plenty of players who will be free agents next year that should not be resigned.

Comment

Sorry but Nicks brings way more to the table than Randle does, he is the best WR on the team. We will be in better shape next year as far as the cap is concerned, and we have plenty of players who will be free agents next year that should not be resigned.
                        At this point yes, Nicks is a better player but Randle has plenty of potential. The money we need to spend in the offseason should be allocated to the OL and LBs. We need multiple players at those key positions plus probably another CB. If you have a guy like Nicks looking for a big payday, we should not be the team to give it to him. He is too injury prone for a big contract and we will regret it if we give it to him.

Comment

At this point yes, Nicks is a better player but Randle has plenty of potential. The money we need to spend in the offseason should be allocated to the OL and LBs. We need multiple players at those key positions plus probably another CB. If you have a guy like Nicks looking for a big payday, we should not be the team to give it to him. He is too injury prone for a big contract and we will regret it if we give it to him.
                          Point is, we should have enough money to pay Nicks because our cap situation will look a lot better than this year. As far as him being injury prone is concerned, I disagree completely, every player misses games here and there. I believe on average his misses 2-3 games a season which really isn't that significant considering how productive he usually is.

Comment

Point is, we should have enough money to pay Nicks because our cap situation will look a lot better than this year. As far as him being injury prone is concerned, I disagree completely, every player misses games here and there. I believe on average his misses 2-3 games a season which really isn't that significant considering how productive he usually is.
                            Games missed isnt really a barometer on him. How many games has he played where he is completely ineffective due to an injury. There have been a lot. Point is, yes we may have some money this year but we have many holes to fill without a capable backup ready to step in. That is where our resources should go. Not to a WR who is hurt a lot and that is going to command a contract that does not match his production.

Comment

Games missed isnt really a barometer on him. How many games has he played where he is completely ineffective due to an injury. There have been a lot. Point is, yes we may have some money this year but we have many holes to fill without a capable backup ready to step in. That is where our resources should go. Not to a WR who is hurt a lot and that is going to command a contract that does not match his production.
                              There haven't been games where he has played injured where he was ineffective outside of last season. Last season is an outlier, but you want to use that as your barometer? I guess we will have to agree to disagree here.

Comment

There haven't been games where he has played injured where he was ineffective outside of last season. Last season is an outlier, but you want to use that as your barometer? I guess we will have to agree to disagree here.
                                Understood, but he is not getting any healthier. There is always something with him and I just would not give him big money, especially when we need 3 LBs and probably at least 2 OL.

Comment

Working...
                                X