Trade Hakeem Nicks to the Browns, Lions, or 49ers for C or OL & Draft Pick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shimmy View Post
    So you don't think Rueben Randle is capable of excelling at that spot? Why did we even draft him them?

RR might excel as a number 1, but he might not. Right now he is in a the perfect situation. He is the third WR on a team with two really good WRs ahead of him, that eat up doubles. RR should be rocking right now. But take away #88 and a lot more focus goes to Randle.. And, IMO #1 WR's need to catch those two balls that hit him in stride yesterday, even if the DB was real close. And, I'm not saying Nick hasnt had his share of drop because he has, including one in the endzone yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
      9 catches for 143 yards. But he's a joke because he took too long to line up once.
      Did they elaborate on this in the press conference? Did he not think he was supposed to be in? It was really odd to watch the sequence of events.

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
        To replace Manningham.

A team needs 3 good receiving options to have an effective passing offense.
        +1
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

If there no possibility he's signing back the front office should consider it. I see some people saying he's worth a 1st, which I don't see the Giants getting at all. Brandon Marshall wasn't traded for a 1st round pick. If Hakeem was on the level of Charles Johnson, Fitzgerald, Julio Jones or A.J. Green, I would say hell no to considering a trade.

Comment

Hakeem Nicks On Trade Rumors: "I'm A Giant"

http://www.bigblueview.com/2013/10/1...ants-reactions

"New York Giants' wide receiver Hakeem Nicks has heard the trade rumors. He is trying, however, to keep him ind on helping the Giants turn things around after their abysmal 0-6 start.

"I'm a Giant, and that's the only thing I can focus on right now," Nicks said after the Giants' practice Monday morning.

"I'm a Giant, and I love playing for the Giants. I'm a Giant right now, and I'm going to stand strong on that."

Nicks, 25, can be a free agent at the end of the season. The Giants' miserable start, combined with the possibility Nicks could leave at season's end, have led to the speculation.

Previous reports have indicated that the San Frncisco 49ers, Baltimore Ravens, Atlanta Falcons and New England Patriots could be among the bidders for Nicks if the Giants make him available.

Nicks has 25 receptions this season for 442 yards, an average 17.7 yards per catch.

"I think I’m playing the game I always play. I’m making plays whenever I’m called on to contribute to the best way possible. That’s what I’ve been doing," Nicks said. "As long as I’m a Giant, I’m going to keep doing it."
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

What benefit would they have to trading him now?

Comment

Originally posted by Dwinsballgames View Post
                What benefit would they have to trading him now?
                A draft pick in 2014, which they would get anyway in 2015 if he isn't signed here. Not sure I'd trade him to be honest. I think we are better off with him here despite the present situation.

Maybe for a first round pick in 2014, but otherwise........

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                  A draft pick in 2014, which they would get anyway in 2015 if he isn't signed here. Not sure I'd trade him to be honest. I think we are better off with him here despite the present situation.

I don't see a benefit in trading him. As things stand right now...you are already going to get a good draft pick. So you're not trading him to improve draft position. It's likely you'll receive a compensatory pick if he leaves via free agency anyway. So, the picks you get for him could likely even out. Everything seems like a wash to me. Just keep him here and let's enjoy some of his ability...while he's still a Giant.

Comment

thats my kind of player. i do get the sense we could extend him before the season ends.

if he wants to test FA, he's gone/ we wont be able to match some random teams crazy offer. i hope he stays i really do come to think of it...even tho he doesnt have a TD on the year and keeps dropping fades in the endzone

Comment

• Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
                      thats my kind of player. i do get the sense we could extend him before the season ends.

if he wants to test FA, he's gone/ we wont be able to match some random teams crazy offer. i hope he stays i really do come to think of it...even tho he doesnt have a TD on the year and keeps dropping fades in the endzone
                      We have the option of the franchise tag even though we don't like to use it. But as a bridge to a long term contract? Maybe they would. Depends on how he plays the season out.

Comment

• Yes, what a team player he is.

Blew off all off-season work with his QB to avoid getting injured before his big contract year and now, oddly, he and the QB appear to be out-of-sync.

I put the chances of him returning next year at 20%.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post

exactly this, we are gonna end up with probably a 3rd round comp pick if he leaves in FA so i wouldn't take anything besides a first

Comment

• Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                            Yes, what a team player he is.

Blew off all off-season work with his QB to avoid getting injured before his big contract year and now, oddly, he and the QB appear to be out-of-sync.

I put the chances of him returning next year at 20%.
                            if Nicks shows up for all of the offseason stuff he missed we still aren't that much better

Comment

• Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post

What players get extended being on an 0-6 team? I'm sure it happens, but I'm curious. I would think it costs more during an awful season.
                              Football is a team game. Football is a team game. Football is a team game. Football is a team game. Football is a team game.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Red22 View Post
                                exactly this, we are gonna end up with probably a 3rd round comp pick if he leaves in FA so i wouldn't take anything besides a first
                                A first round pick would be hard to turn our backs on I think. I also don't see anyone offering that for his services.

Comment

Working...
                                X