Trade Hakeem Nicks to the Browns, Lions, or 49ers for C or OL & Draft Pick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    A first round pick would be hard to turn our backs on I think. I also don't see anyone offering that for his services.
    The Patriots might, Amendola just came back from injury and is already hurt again, they need a true #1 and are already contenders but are not winning a superbowl with that receiving corps

Comment

• Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
      Yes, what a team player he is.

Blew off all off-season work with his QB to avoid getting injured before his big contract year and now, oddly, he and the QB appear to be out-of-sync.

I put the chances of him returning next year at 20%.
      This!

Comment

A draft pick in 2014, which they would get anyway in 2015 if he isn't signed here. Not sure I'd trade him to be honest. I think we are better off with him here despite the present situation.

Maybe for a first round pick in 2014, but otherwise........
        Guys like Hakeem Nicks are rare as hens teeth
        If you had 32 1st round draft picks there is no guarantee you duplicate a WR like him

Pay the man, and get rid of the expensive dead wood- Baas, Snee, Rolle etc....

Comment

• Originally posted by BParcells777 View Post
          If you had 32 1st round draft picks there is no guarantee you duplicate a WR like him
          For once, maybe two or three times, I agree with you.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Red22 View Post
            The Patriots might, Amendola just came back from injury and is already hurt again, they need a true #1 and are already contenders but are not winning a superbowl with that receiving corps
            I pray if he doesn't resign with NY that he DOES NOT go to NE. These people are already annoying enough constantly talking about the "great tom brady" I don think I could handle hearing they got Nicks.

Comment

A first round pick would be hard to turn our backs on I think. I also don't see anyone offering that for his services.
              There will be teams in the hunt that will need a receiver because of Injury or just a need. That one guy that gets them to the big dance!
              Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Comment

• Nicks is a big part of the Giants future, to pawn him off now goes against everything the Giants build upon, I am guessing this is just the media looking for some attention.
                Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Comment

• Originally posted by BParcells777 View Post

Pay the man, and get rid of the expensive dead wood- Baas, Snee, Rolle etc....
                  Not happening. Giants will never pay the price. Look what happened to Mario Manningham! Guy helped us win a SB. Just coming into his own and we let him walk. And haven't done **** since!
                  Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjeep View Post
                    Not happening. Giants will never pay the price. Look what happened to Mario Manningham! Guy helped us win a SB. Just coming into his own and we let him walk. And haven't done **** since!
                    Mario was not Nicks, injury prone and took just a little more money thinking he was better than he really was, no comparison of talent here, Nicks needs to play 16 games this year.
                    Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Morrison View Post
                      Mario was not Nicks, injury prone and took just a little more money thinking he was better than he really was, no comparison of talent here, Nicks needs to play 16 games this year.
                      Contract year, he will play on one leg if he has to! LOL!

Comment

He was the #3 here and the #2 in SF. He did fine until he got hurt. He bailed from a sinking ship at the right time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoneroses6300 View Post
                          What players get extended being on an 0-6 team? I'm sure it happens, but I'm curious. I would think it costs more during an awful season.
                          r u kidding? if anything the value is down ridiculously

Comment

• All in all the Giants need a lot of new blood. If having to sacrifice Nicks to get some picks then so be it. Teams lose good/great players all the time for various reasons. Almost half the team will prob be new guys next season and some new coaches too.
                            "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                            You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwinsballgames View Post
                              What benefit would they have to trading him now?
                              NONE!

For a damn Draft pick we don't even know who that player will be or if he will pan out

So you use a 1st round Pick on a guy, he develops into the player you hoped he would when you used a 1st Round pick on him so when it comes time to pay him instead of paying him we should take a 3rd Round Pick for him instead of paying him?

That actually makes absolutely NO SENSE! What are we doing drafting players and developing them for other teams? PAY NICKS WHAT HE HAS EARNED! The man played through injuries for us and this is the thanks he get "TRADE HIM!"

Anybody that is a longtime Giants fans ever notice that a lot of our fans start to criticize players when they are in a contract year, Remember the hate Strahan was getting during his contract dispute and Tiki Barber came out and ran his mouth, many Giants fans wanted to "TRADE STRAHAN" YES! Believe It Or Not!

Also remember just a few months ago with Victor Cruz and how people was calling him a 3rd/Slot Receiver and all this BS and how he is only worth Welker/Amendola money and to now Trade Nicks because now they think Cruz is a #1 Receiver? If Reese was to do this and it fails guess who they are all going to put the blame on...REESE! And they are going to pretend like they never wanted to trade Nicks you know like some of the people who are not saying "We Should Have Kept Osi!" or "Why Did We Get Rid Of Bradshaw"

My Trust Is In Reese More So Than Any Fan! Reese won't make emotional decision while if it was up to the fans we would be trading players during the game SMH...
                              Last edited by Sicko; 10-14-2013, 06:42 PM.

Comment

What has Mario done since?
                                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Working...
                                X