Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dear Jerry, Please take notes this weekend in KC on this.............................

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Jerry, Please take notes this weekend in KC on this.............................

Jerry,

I know you can only focus on the DLine when thinking about NFL defenses, but please make your best effort to think of 2 things vs. just one. Heck, I'll even consider you a "multi tasker" if you can just get this one small simple project/request right. Take note of this player. He wears #50 for the Chiefs. And he will be all over the field on Sunday. His stats are as follows:

1. Drafted in 3rd round of the 2011 draft out of Georgia (that's after rounds #1 and #2 Jerry)
    2. 2011 stats: 46 solo tackles, 5.5 sacks
    3. 2012 stats: 53 solo tackles, 10 sacks, 1 forced fumble, 1 inteception, 1st Pro Bowl
    4. 2013 stats YTD: 17 tackles, 7.5 sacks (that's an average of 2+/game), 1 forced fumble.....I'm quite certain he'll be booking a flight to HI at years end.

The name is Justin Houston and I hope to god Eli and our top notch OLine and OC is familiar with him as well. The name is Justin Houston Jerry. And guess what.....he plays LINEBACKER for the Chiefs. FYI.

enough said. Reese's drafts have been garbage.

Comment

Who needs LB's? It's not like we play in a division with Jason Whitten or any read option teams.

Comment

Originally posted by simmstolt View Post
        Who needs LB's? It's not like we play in a division with Jason Whitten or any read option teams.
        Good point.

And it's not like there were any good free agents available......for example, Karlos Dansby only has 28 tackles through 3 games.
        "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

I guess you didn't see Moreno's two TD runs around the right edge. And Moreno is a slow RB.
          Last edited by moosedrool; 09-24-2013, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Is Jesse Armstead the last good LB this team developed? I believe he is...unless you count Chase who they have continually thrown away to finally get burned by it last Sunday. LMAO at Herzlich and another injured Reese signing Connor. Who could have seen that coming looking at his history? Only everyone not named Jerry Reese...

Comment

Originally posted by moosedrool View Post
              I guess you didn't see Moreno's two TD runs around the right edge. And Moreno is a slow RB.
              I am not sure what the sarcasm emoticon is but I have been screaming LB for close to 20 years....

Comment

I am not sure what the sarcasm emoticon is but I have been screaming LB for close to 20 years....
                My bad....

Can someone email me when a Giant LB blows up a RB in the backfield? Heck, email when a Giant LB sheds a block.

Comment

Is Jesse Armstead the last good LB this team developed? I believe he is...unless you count Chase who they have continually thrown away to finally get burned by it last Sunday. LMAO at Herzlich and another injured Reese signing Connor. Who could have seen that coming looking at his history? Only everyone not named Jerry Reese...
                  Indeed he is, but Aaron Pierce was good as well. After that, well....

Comment

Moose has got a great point. There are a lot of us who have been saying this for years! Things will not change until the owners sack Reese.

Comment

Funny how we signed two ex-Seattle LB's to the PS in the last few weeks. Pretty much Jerry Reese saying, "I really screwed up evaluating the talent of our LB's".

Comment

Originally posted by DayOneGiant View Post
                        Indeed he is, but Aaron Pierce was good as well. After that, well....
                        I assume you mean Antonio Pierce? He was great but he signed to the Redskins as an undrafted FA several years before coming to the Giants. He and Armstead are the only real LB's this team has had for 20 years. Granted, we were spoiled rotten throughout the 80's at that position.

Comment

I assume you mean Antonio Pierce? He was great but he signed to the Redskins as an undrafted FA several years before coming to the Giants. He and Armstead are the only real LB's this team has had for 20 years. Granted, we were spoiled rotten throughout the 80's at that position.
                          Good point.

Comment

I believe he is...unless you count Chase who they have continually thrown away to finally get burned by it last Sunday. LMAO at Herzlich and another injured Reese signing Connor. ...
                            Ok so I am FULLY on board with upgrading our LBs. I have been for a while. But lets not act like Chase being on this team would have silenced the masses about our LB play. And, he hardly "Burned" us last week with his 1 solo tackle and 1 assist.

I mean c'mon people. He has 3 combined tackles on the year. 1 of which was on special teams.

Chase is just a slightly less stinky pile of poo. But make no mistake, he is still a pile of poo.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
                              Ok so I am FULLY on board with upgrading our LBs. I have been for a while. But lets not act like Chase being on this team would have silenced the masses about our LB play. And, he hardly "Burned" us last week with his 1 solo tackle and 1 assist.

I mean c'mon people. He has 3 combined tackles on the year. 1 of which was on special teams.

Chase is just a slightly less stinky pile of poo. But make no mistake, he is still a pile of poo.
                              Chase is a smart player, and a solid backup....he proved it on Sunday. According to him, his coach, and the actual performance on the field, the Panthers had the Giants offense down cold. Add another notch in my "Gilbride drives me nuts" belt.

If we had kept Chase, he'd be the starting MLB. If Reese had made a serious effort to upgrade the linebackers, Chase would likely be a reserve.

And, if like Carolina, we had Chase and Kuechly, Chase would be a backup with 3 combined tackles on the year.

This is similar to the argument that Khaseem Greene wouldn't have made a difference for the Giants......I think if the Giants had a 7 time pro bowl linebacker like Lance Briggs, then yeah, Greene would likely be a special teamer and reserve.

It should tell us something that:

1) The Panthers have maybe the best MLB in the game, and still outbid Reese in order to secure a backup like Blackburn.

2) The Bears have one of the best WLBs in the game, and still go for two linebackers like Bostic and Greene.

Our teams starters < Panther & Bears reserves......scary stuff.
                              Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 09-24-2013, 08:38 PM.
                              "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

Working...
                              X