Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is KG coming up with a new game plan since Reid already knows his playbook from AtoZ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    Giving Blackburn too much credit. It's not like he called the offensive line falling asleep.
    True, I don't think he could have predicted how badly the line played. But, he knew more about Gilbride's offense than 90% of Gilbride's players.
    "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

• Blackburn had nothing to do with the OL implosion. Please..... And our starting RB and TE can't block either. Thanks to Reese, we couldn't afford to keep Bennett, and we miss Bradshaw's blocking too.

Comment

• True, Blackburn giving Carolina insight does help significantly, but geez, as sorry as we played that day any team could have stopped us.

Comment

• Chase had 1 tackle and 1 assist vs us.

He has 3 tackles on the season for the Panthers.

And people think his being here would have made much of a difference?
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
            Chase had 1 tackle and 1 assist vs us.

What?? He was the leader of our horrific 31st ranked defense last year! How soon they forget . . ..

Comment

Based on the performance of the Panther defense, the Giants offense, and the comments of Blackburn and Rivera, I believe the Panthers knew what the Giants were going to do.

Blackburn, as average as he is physically, at least understands how to play the position, and would be the best linebacker on the team....I understand that's not saying much.

IIRC, he was also the #2 tackler on the team.
              Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 09-24-2013, 08:07 PM.
              "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

Comment

He's also a backup in Carolina... he would get way more snaps here because he's way better than the cruft we are fielding. I think when most people wanted him gone, they were implying that we get someone better to replace him. Reese must have missed the 2nd part of that. Even if Connor was healthy he wasn't as good as blackburn...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                  He's also a backup in Carolina... he would get way more snaps here because he's way better than the cruft we are fielding. I think when most people wanted him gone, they were implying that we get someone better to replace him. Reese must have missed the 2nd part of that. Even if Connor was healthy he wasn't as good as blackburn...
                  Exactly.

There were plenty of options in the draft and free agency. Reese went for the dime-a-dozen approach, and it shows on the field.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                    Connor is a better player than Blackburn when he is on the field. But obviously he is never on the field, so . . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
                      I'm waving the white flag on this one

the lack of rush neutralizing adjustments is officially indefensible
                      I'm late to this thread ( busy day ). Ladies and gentleman, the above quote is a geological shift of monumental proportion. It is now official. Gilbride is not good. If YA waves the white hanky, there is nothing left to argue.
                      # 80 (For FBomb)

Comment

• Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
                        Exactly.

There were plenty of options in the draft and free agency. Reese went for the dime-a-dozen approach, and it shows on the field.
                        I honestly think he was trying to pull something out his butt. That way he can be the genius who found this great gem that mere mortal GMs missed. He rolled the bones and it came up kraps.
                        # 80 (For FBomb)

Comment

• Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
                          That Connor/ Blackburn move gets dumber by the day....

http://www.giants101.com/2013/09/24/...ches/#comments

this would get any OC fired and rightfully so. this is the SECOND ****ing time now KGs unfounded confidence ****ed us.

and, YOU COULD SEE IT DURING THE GAME. carolina DB's were decoying coverages and jumping routes of other wr's. kg had no adjustment. Chase Blackburn out thought him.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGYgiant View Post
                            I wonder who the new scapegoat of Eli's ineffectiveness will be once Gilbride is gone.

I guess the new OC would be the logical person.

I mean, our current OC 'forces' Eli to throw the ball a certain distance and to a certain player on every down and distance.

Wake up people, at the end of the day its Eli making the poor decisions. Its funny how only on this MB do people think its the OC making those calls.

The logic on this MB is quite astounding.
                            http://www.giants101.com/2013/09/24/...ches/#comments
                            your astounding.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGYgiant View Post
                              I guess Eli had nothing to do with the pathetic display right?

Right, it was Gilbride making the decisions, Eli has no control at the line.

Yawn...
                              ARE YOU KIDDING? wow.

Comment

• Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                                Watch the Dallas game. On the first play of the season Eli threw a screen pass directly into the chest of a DE who was five yards away. The Giants' late drive ended when Eli fire a missile into Scott's back from 5 yards away on an attempted screen.

Confirmed.
                                All that is confirmed is that it is not a normal part of the game plan
                                and hence they never practice it. Put some real effort into making it part
                                of the game and then lets see what happens.

Comment

Working...
                                X