Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is KG coming up with a new game plan since Reid already knows his playbook from AtoZ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post
    so he can't throw short passes because of these 2 instances?
    1 where Scott didn't even know it was a screen, Until it was too late? The other where Wilson failed to sell his part and just ran to where he though he should be? Scott wasn't even supposed to see much action until brown got hurt, it's doubtful how much he practiced the screen pass as it was at the time. You show your lack of knowledge by bring up these 2 passes to make your pathetic argument, never mind that a younger less experienced Eli never had issues throwing RB screens to Tiki, Ward, Jacobs and Bradshaw.

In what reality do RB screen passes take the entirety of a short passing playbook? how about those lateral passes he used to toss to Manningham? Or those quick slants to Nicks? Did we see a slant in Carolina's game at all? Like Killdrive you forgot that it exists because all you seem to do is bring up these 2 failed screen passes. How about a quick back shoulder throw? Eli has had success throwing short passes, for an OC to completely ignore this aspect of the game is totally inexcusable.
    I want our gameplan devised on out player personnel.
    No huddle, short passing to take advantage of Eli's skill at running this and a fast paced offense would help our finesse and technique based Oline more than the plodding hold for 7 seconds to find a receiver deep that we have grown accustomed to.
    Ah, using this screen name today, huh?

Anyway, my post was in response to a poster asking how anyone could jump to the conclusion that Eil has trouble with screen passes. I'm not sure that he really does, but he certainly raised some eyebrows on that front in game #1.

And let's not try to absolve Eli of fault for that first INT of the season. That was one of the most horrendous QB plays I have seen . . . .don't know if a HS QB would even make a play like that.

And on screen pass INT #2 -- that's precisely my point . . . the RB didn't know it was coming and Eli fired a bullet into the back of his head from 5 yards away before he could even turn around. Another terrible play on his part, although not nearly as bad as the first.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
      Nice job. I'm gong to try to find the numbers on passes completed by yards and see if that tells us anything.
      Those numbers would be fantastic, they are gonna be hard to find however.
      Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
        There are a lot of moving parts and, as we've seen, it doesn't aways take much to screw things up.
        It doesn't, and I think we've been been spoiled with the deep pass. Part of it is on Eli, and part of it is on Gilbride. It was very successful in 2011..extremely spotty/unsuccessful in 2012...and now they end up being INT's.

This is where adjustments by our QB and by our OC need to come into play.

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post
          I can't believe I'm saying this but I agree 1000%. Where is that thumbs up icon?
          It's in your heart.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
            It doesn't, and I think we've been been spoiled with the deep pass. Part of it is on Eli, and part of it is on Gilbride. It was very successful in 2011..extremely spotty/unsuccessful in 2012...and now they end up being INT's.

This is where adjustments by our QB and by our OC need to come into play.
            We seem to have consensus about Eli's air game being negatively impacted by the lack of a running game (Oline).

Maybe having Jacobs and Conner in the backfield will add two seconds to Eli's uprightness
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
              O-line is beyond atrocious no kidding.... where are the Gilbride defenders now?

What a clueless buffoon......... no slants, no shallow passes, no intermediate passes...... moron
              KG is the greatest ever, how dare you challenge him!!! he is unstoppable and still has years left in him!!!

Comment

• Maybe he will throw a wrinkle in there like a shotgun draw from Wilson to Eli

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                  I just want adjustments- that's it.

I don't want people fired...I just...want..to win...football games..
                  Thats all many of us have yearned for for years.
                  We were just always told it wasn't necessary if the players would just execute.
                  No one has really explained why the rest of the league makes continuous obvious
                  adjustments, but the coaches on this team should never have to.

Comment

• Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post
                    I don't know how people jump to the conclusion that Eli has a bad short game. We don't even use it.
                    I read recently it was stated in some of his college scout reports.
                    Maybe he always looks like crap doing it in practice.

But I totally agree, practice the heck out of it until he can do it.
                    Run the plays until they work. Unless we are OK with paying a
                    QB elite money and he can not adapt to a pretty fundamental part of the game.

God help us if it is true and the rest of the league finds out.
                    They could just send the house every time and we could never do anything about it???

Comment

• Originally posted by OX1 View Post
                      Thats all many of us have yearned for for years.
                      We were just always told it wasn't necessary if the players would just execute.
                      No one has really explained why the rest of the league makes continuous obvious
                      adjustments, but the coaches on this team should never have to.
                      lol . . .yearned for years.

Since the SB victory less than two years ago?

Man, have Giants fans become spoiled.

Comment

• Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                        lol . . .yearned for years.

Since the SB victory less than two years ago?

Man, have Giants fans become spoiled.
                        ..spoiled with shotgun draws on 3rd and 10..MUAHA!

Comment

• Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                          Ah, using this screen name today, huh?
                          A sock accusing me of multiple screen names. Oh the hilarity!!

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                          Anyway, my post was in response to a poster asking how anyone could jump to the conclusion that Eil has trouble with screen passes. I'm not sure that he really does, but he certainly raised some eyebrows on that front in game #1.

And let's not try to absolve Eli of fault for that first INT of the season. That was one of the most horrendous QB plays I have seen . . . .don't know if a HS QB would even make a play like that.

And on screen pass INT #2 -- that's precisely my point . . . the RB didn't know it was coming and Eli fired a bullet into the back of his head from 5 yards away before he could even turn around. Another terrible play on his part, although not nearly as bad as the first.
                          The posters were speaking of short passing game, nowhere did they refer specifically to a RB screen. You act like you own a badge from the grammar police, should I call you out on your comprehension fail?

Comment

• Why is someone changing the topic title 3 different times?

This was the OFFICIAL FIRE Kevin Killdrive thread
                            "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Comment

• +1000000000

Comment

Working...
                              X