Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jerry Reese delivers!! He isn't going anywhere haters.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerry Reese delivers!! He isn't going anywhere haters.

http://nymag.com/daily/sports/2011/0...he-giants.html

He is one of the best GMs in the league, but some still doubt focusing on the few misses. He is not perfect but except for 2009 the roster was geared with enough talent since taking over.

Just imagine if we had Goff, TT, Austin, and Hixon.

Emperor Tom

Re: Jerry Reese delivers!! He isn't going anywhere haters.

[quote user="NWKEffectElement"]http://nymag.com/daily/sports/2011/08/jerry-reese-guarantees-playoffs-for-the-giants.html

He is one of the best GMs in the league, but some still doubt focusing on the few misses. He is not perfect but except for 2009 the roster was geared with enough talent since taking over.

Just imagine if we had Goff, TT, Austin, and Hixon.[/quote]

He has had some big misses in the middle rounds and some FA semi-busts. They do a nice job picking up guys late and developing them for the future.

Comment

I was unhappy with Reese in the preseason and thought he was making a lot of bad moves.

I will confess that I was wrong. Reese was right, I was wrong, and I gladly eat crow.

Comment

[quote user="BlueBlooded1979"][quote user="NWKEffectElement"]http://nymag.com/daily/sports/2011/08/jerry-reese-guarantees-playoffs-for-the-giants.html

He has had some big misses in the middle rounds and some FA semi-busts. They do a nice job picking up guys late and developing them for the future.[/quote]

No GM is going to hit on every pick. Besides CC brown, who have been the FA 'semi-busts'?
        Emperor Tom

Comment

I would just like the O_line and LB spots addressed @ some point and then I will have no complaints...

Comment

[quote user="shocknaweny"]I would just like the O_line and LB spots addressed @ some point and then I will have no complaints...[/quote]
            The O-line MAY actually be okay (although I'd like Diehl's future replacement drafted). Besides LB I think it's clear that we still need help in the secondary. We need CB and S depth.

And JR is one of the best in the game. I'd really love to see this team win another SB sometime soon -- the talent, coaching, and FO are there.

Comment

If the coaching staff were all as good at their jobs as Reese is at his, the Giants would be considered a dynasty right now. Instead, they are a team that is lucky to be in the playoffs, after missing them 2 years in a row.

Comment

The Giants got a better coaching staff than any1 else in the NFC East. Reese should thank his lucky stars that the Coaching staff developed the young guys and Ernie Acorsi's players are still the cornerstones of this franchise. This team wouldnt get far if Acorsi didnt take a shot at Eli Manning. Reese can keep taking weapons from Eli, but Eli continues to make guys around him better. I would like to see what Reese would do when the Manning era ends.

Comment

[quote user="T-Murda84"]The Giants got a better coaching staff than any1 else in the NFC East. Reese should thank his lucky stars that the Coaching staff developed the young guys and Ernie Acorsi's players are still the cornerstones of this franchise. This team wouldnt get far if Acorsi didnt take a shot at Eli Manning. Reese can keep taking weapons from Eli, but Eli continues to make guys around him better. I would like to see what Reese would do when the Manning era ends.[/quote]

You are a ret@rd, coaches coach talent, they don't create talent. Giants would have been successful with any of the three qbs from the 04 draft. And those players you credit Acorsi for drafting were brought in by Reese who was in charge of the draft.

Get back on the meds and get off these boards.
                  Originally posted by PennState1
                  In and around the end zone and on crucial plays, the ball should go to one of our 3 receivers and no one else if at all possible.

Comment

[quote user="NWKEffectElement"]http://nymag.com/daily/sports/2011/08/jerry-reese-guarantees-playoffs-for-the-giants.html

Hahahahaha forgot he did that

he was never going anywhere. This team, even if ugly at times, competed this whole year with injuries. Anybody who thought Reese was going anywhere was a chicken little
                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

The Kraken I like that!!! Go Defense!!! and Rolle made a play waiting for two years for that.

Comment

[quote user="Coach Carter"][quote user="T-Murda84"]The Giants got a better coaching staff than any1 else in the NFC East. Reese should thank his lucky stars that the Coaching staff developed the young guys and Ernie Acorsi's players are still the cornerstones of this franchise. This team wouldnt get far if Acorsi didnt take a shot at Eli Manning. Reese can keep taking weapons from Eli, but Eli continues to make guys around him better. I would like to see what Reese would do when the Manning era ends.[/quote]

You are a ret@rd, coaches coach talent, they don't create talent. Giants would have been successful with any of the three qbs from the 04 draft. And those players you credit Acorsi for drafting were brought in by Reese who was in charge of the draft.

Get back on the meds and get off these boards.
                        [/quote]

I dont think any of the QBs other than Eli would of survived the harsh New York media. Eli was the best QB for this organization, and Reese continues to take weapons from Eli every single season. If Reese could of gave Eli at least some sort of Offensive Line and a good tight end, it would be Eli smashing Dan Marino's record. There is talent all over the NFL, the key skill to coaching is placing players in positions where they can succeed....and u can give those props to Coughlin and Gilbride.

Comment

[quote user="T-Murda84"]The Giants got a better coaching staff than any1 else in the NFC East. Reese should thank his lucky stars that the Coaching staff developed the young guys and Ernie Acorsi's players are still the cornerstones of this franchise. This team wouldnt get far if Acorsi didnt take a shot at Eli Manning. Reese can keep taking weapons from Eli, but Eli continues to make guys around him better. I would like to see what Reese would do when the Manning era ends.[/quote]

Weapons?

Cruz> Smith

Ballard > Boss

All the players had the same opportunities but I'd take Cruz and Ballard over your boys any day

Comment

JR has done a good job bringing in talent, however I agree that it would be nice to see him address the LB issues. The secondary has a few issues but they are adequate if they weren't forced to use safeties as pseudo-LB's most of the time. True LB's that can shoot the gaps and cover the TE/RB's coming out the backfield would do wonders for the secondary.
                            My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="NWKEffectElement"]http://nymag.com/daily/sports/2011/08/jerry-reese-guarantees-playoffs-for-the-giants.html

Hahahahaha forgot he did that

he was never going anywhere. This team, even if ugly at times, competed this whole year with injuries. Anybody who thought Reese was going anywhere was a chicken little
                              [/quote]

almost EVERY team competes with injuries... i didnt want reese gone. i wanted coughlin and his goons gone. now with coughlin coming back, u can assure gilbride and fewell will be back

Comment

Working...
                              X