Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What about trading ELI for a 1st to some team?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
    It has nothing to do with age considering he's never missed a game in his career.

If you know he's thrown a lot of picks in his career, then what's the big deal? Everyone and their mom knows that the OL is not helping anybody on this team, including the coaches.
    because its getting worse?? Before, he could mix in the string of games it wasent such a issue and we had more talent around him to hide it. I mean, even in our 2 SB wins, we didn't exactly blow the Pats out, we used a staunch defense to hold them at bay more then lean on ELI"s right arm.. Its time to move on, or were gonna be stuck wit a guy no body wants and lose out on possible picks that could of helped the development of the team quicker.

Comment

If we get manziel we should still keep Eli for a year. Then trade him for a MLB or OT and a number 1 pick

Make sure manziel can still do it in the pros

Comment

Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
        I don't know about GM's but theres tons of fans on here who seem to think ELI for a 1st would be a bad idea and we should keep em. I guess you think alot of people aren't serious then?
        You know in retrospect, you maybe right. I remember how Jimmy Johnson was ridiculed when he traded his star player, Hershel Walker, to the Vikings for 5 players and 6 draft picks which they used to rebuilt the team. In the long term Jimmy did the right thing. However, trading Eli now that he is on the decline, I do not think he will generate much interest because whoever gets him will have to make sure that they upgrade the O-line too and that will be costly. Now why on earth the Giants placed so much faith on DD, Baas and Beatty, I have no idea other than the salary cap predicament that Reese created by paying a lot of money to players that do not deserve it..

Comment

The Browns have picks to spare, Eli would probably take them to the playoffs.

(I'm not actually endorsing the idea)

Comment

Originally posted by BParcells777 View Post
            If we get manziel we should still keep Eli for a year. Then trade him for a MLB or OT and a number 1 pick

Make sure manziel can still do it in the pros
            Yeah, we need that head case.
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
              The Browns have picks to spare, Eli would probably take them to the playoffs.

(I'm not actually endorsing the idea)
              You think Eli goes deep now? Wait until Norv would get to him...Josh Gordon all day.
              My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

I rather have a "statue" as a QB than a mobile QB. Unmobile QBs careers typically last a lot longer and hey often play at a high level up to or through the mid to upper 30s.

Look at Peyton, it's like he's just peaking after 4 cervical fusions closing in on 38 years of age. We won 2 SBs with Eli, we can win another because injuries haven't taken their toll on him. He can easily play another 7 years.
                Miss me yet? sigpic

Comment

If we really want to blow it up, we could look into(not definetly do) a trade for ELI, and get a additonal 1st rd pick, and ELI is gonna be 33 after this yr, and has been on downswing for a couple yrs and as statue as hes always been, hes losing more footspeed, which i never thought possible. Hes almost Drew Bledsoe out there right now.. In his prime he was a high INT% QB, and now is past his prime. Hes been a great GIANT qb, but this is a bussiness, and getting as many young studs to go along with the Prince's, JPP's, Cruz's..etc, is the way to go.. Were really light on top flight talent, and need to start building a new foudnation.

Thats how i feel, and i love everything ELI's done for us. Multiple 1st rd picks, and a qb whos developing as we speak all ready in Nassib(not that i love em, but still). We could go many diffrent ways, plus we'd have Nicks off the books, and hopefully Webster and Baas.. We could resign LInval Joseph and go from there..
                  Only if it were for the Jags pick... tank the season and have the two top picks and take Bridgewater and Clowney. Still would never do it cause Eli would be so good with a good coordinator.

Comment

hes clearly not 27yrs old anymore
                    He's probably healthier than the 23 year old RGIII right now. Pure pocket passers have their merits, durability is a prime example. I rather have a QB who is consistently inconsistent than a great QB who can't make you can't count on being healthy on Sunday.

That deep ball to Cruz looked sweet last week. Eli's never been a very accurate QB and this year is no different, he's throwing some nice balls with a couple each game that miss their mark. He looks the same as he always has except he's been under more duress and has NO running game or pass protection.
                    Last edited by dakotajoe; 09-30-2013, 08:55 PM.
                    Miss me yet? sigpic

Comment

Ye lets trade our best player, what do you want from Eli, he has no o-line and most of his passes get either dropped or go off the recievers hand for a pick.

Comment

People better get back on their meds.
                        Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

Originally posted by BMW View Post
                          Ye lets trade our best player, what do you want from Eli, he has no o-line and most of his passes get either dropped or go off the recievers hand for a pick.
                          I don't think hes are best player anymore. I think Victor Cruz is our best player, and i think we need to grow around the young guys in JPP, Cruz, Prince, Pugh, Wilson, and those guys. Best way to do that, is to get what we can from any assets we have and be wiley bussniessman, and know when to say bye a day early and not a day late.

Comment

Originally posted by speedman View Post
                            Remember that when ELI gets traded and we get a new Coaching staff.. THen it'll be like "i always knew it would happen".. Pfft! Its not outrageous for teams that have fallen to bottom of the barrell and missed postseason back to back yrs with a old coach and same old OC and DC to go in a diffrent direction, and use what few assets they have and turn them into multiple players instead of one aging , expensive one..

Comment

Originally posted by speedman View Post
                              Yup.

Comment

Originally posted by bluesbrother View Post
                                That's not going to happen. As much as he gets picked on for every mistake he's still the heart of the offense.
                                Going by the first 4 games Victor Cruz is the heart, Eli is the aorta.

Comment

Working...
                                X