Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What about trading ELI for a 1st to some team?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trade one of our DLine to the Patriots for one of their Tackles and a draft pick

Comment

Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
      I'd answer back, to think about it, and not just that ur so enamoured with the "history" and ur "fanship".. ELI leads the league in INTs and were gonna have back to back non playoff yrs and hes gonna be super highly paid and even older. Open ur eyes my friend.
      I understand your position; it's just wrong from a strategic standpoint. I can walk you through it if you would like, but I am pretty sure you are not interested.
      Last edited by Delicreep; 09-30-2013, 08:24 PM.
      Every single day I log onto this message board thinking i've seen it all, every single day I am wrong...NYGiants2120

Comment

Originally posted by SuperNYGiants View Post
        The sad thing about this is, not many teams are even interested in getting Eli.

True. I can only think of about 20 or so where he'd be an upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by imstilripped View Post
          PLAYER POS TEAM G ATT ATT/G CMP PCT YDS YDS/G LNG TD INT SCK SCKYL RATING

Philip Rivers QB SD 4 142 35.5 105 73.9 1199 299.8 56 11 2 6 34 118.8
          Eli Manning QB NYG 4 151 37.8 85 56.3 1148 287.0 70 6 9 14 93 69.1

Oh my, and here I thought we were so far past this after the last 2 years ... must be all those "weapons" Phil has to work with on that team.

Cherrypick much?

Comment

I don't think hes are best player anymore. I think Victor Cruz is our best player, and i think we need to grow around the young guys in JPP, Cruz, Prince, Pugh, Wilson, and those guys. Best way to do that, is to get what we can from any assets we have and be wiley bussniessman, and know when to say bye a day early and not a day late.
            Well said, and I agree, but that philosophy doesn't applies to Eli.

Regardless of what the fans' perception of him is, he is a franchise QB, and those guys are not expendable. If you want him to become more cap friendly, then yes, we could certainly use that, and I'm wholeheartedly in favor of that. A Tom Brady-esque restructure*** would allow us to keep him as a core player, while simultaneously bolstering the team around him.

My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

I don't think hes are best player anymore. I think Victor Cruz is our best player, and i think we need to grow around the young guys in JPP, Cruz, Prince, Pugh, Wilson, and those guys. Best way to do that, is to get what we can from any assets we have and be wiley bussniessman, and know when to say bye a day early and not a day late.

JPP? Pugh? Really?

That's some team you're gonna have there, GM.

Comment

I understand the position but I do think it's a year early and that Eli does deserve a shot in another system before we contemplate making such a move. Nicks would be a better player to shop somewhere else because while he is currently struggling, he can still be a great threat to help a playoff contender make a push. There is some value there.

Comment

Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
                  I understand the position but I do think it's a year early and that Eli does deserve a shot in another system before we contemplate making such a move. Nicks would be a better player to shop somewhere else because while he is currently struggling, he can still be a great threat to help a playoff contender make a push. There is some value there.
                  If we lose next week, I'd take just about anything for Nicks if I were JR.

Also depends on the extent to which they feel Nicks is re-signable (what a poorly written sentence, lol).
                  My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

If we really want to blow it up, we could look into(not definetly do) a trade for ELI, and get a additonal 1st rd pick, and ELI is gonna be 33 after this yr, and has been on downswing for a couple yrs and as statue as hes always been, hes losing more footspeed, which i never thought possible. Hes almost Drew Bledsoe out there right now.. In his prime he was a high INT% QB, and now is past his prime. Hes been a great GIANT qb, but this is a bussiness, and getting as many young studs to go along with the Prince's, JPP's, Cruz's..etc, is the way to go.. Were really light on top flight talent, and need to start building a new foudnation.

Thats how i feel, and i love everything ELI's done for us. Multiple 1st rd picks, and a qb whos developing as we speak all ready in Nassib(not that i love em, but still). We could go many diffrent ways, plus we'd have Nicks off the books, and hopefully Webster and Baas.. We could resign LInval Joseph and go from there..
                    This guy is the perfect example of how rotten and ungrateful most supposed giants fans are. Stop with the what have you done for me lately nonsense. Those teo Super Bowl were enough for the next ten years. More would be great but let's not get spoiled like Yankee fans and expect a championship every season. This is the dumbest notion that people have right now that Eli is expendable. Total nonsense , it's 07 all over again with the complaiers. They had the talent to win then and they have it now. The o line just really needs to step up and just play average ball and this team will shock people

Comment

His salary makes him untradeable. Maybe the Texans I guess

Comment

Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                        If we lose next week, I'd take just about anything for Nicks if I were JR.

Also depends on the extent to which they feel Nicks is re-signable (what a poorly written sentence, lol).
                        I just don't see it happening. Nicks is one of my favorite Giants but we have bigger priorities over having two highly paid receivers on the team.

Comment

This is a thread I expected from jakk. LoL your credibility took a hit here. I want to see Eli in a better system before we even entertain this thought.

Comment

Remember Eli has a say in where he plays. He would want to play for a contender, would you swap Houston's qb for Eli? Don't think so but Houston would benefit with Eli Manning under center. The problems on this team are not Eli Manning's fault. These problems are from a front office that has had its head in the sand for 2 years. This o line was bad too years ago and not addressed then or now. It is a team sport, yes a qb driven league but no qb including Eli's brother or Tom Brady, could be successful behind this line. Eli is throwing picks trying to win. He is having to force early throws because of the constant pressure. His receivers do not have time to get open. He is having to anticipate where they will be and then throwing way too early. Defenses know what the Giants are going to do before they snap the ball, with no fear of a running game. It has been said you build a football team from the line of scrimmage out. Think about the problems the Giants have and it stems to the offense and defensive lines. When the Giants won sb"s, their offensive and defensive lines were adequate. Eli has shown he can win with a little help. Unfortunately, he has little help now. Routes have got to changed, offensive philosophy has to change to work with the o line as it is, today. Gilbride cannot change and neither will Coghlan. Picking, at the end of the draft the last 5 years, has caught up with the Giants. No free agent signings on the o line are now killing the Giants. Eli Manning has not lost a step nor has his arm grown weaker. He will be able to play at least as long as Peyton, provided he is given weapons to win. The question is how long will it take to rebuild this o line and get a pass rush. Can Eli survive, long enough for that to happen. If he gets hurt, then the Giants might as well not show up for the rest of the season. He has proven he is durable and can win when he has protection. Again the blame falls on the front office and perhaps they did all they could with the picks they had. Look at the replay of the offensive line and you would shutter at how bad they were the last 2 weeks. I have seen division 2 teams with better o lines. Even as bad as the o line is playing, that is no excuse for the lack of a pass rush. The d line has not come near to playing to potential, and in fact has been the under achievers of this team. The d backfield actually has played well , considering the lack of a pass rush.

Comment

Even if you have given up on the season you don't trade Eli... unless you have given up on the next 3-4 years. As frustrated as I am, it is very tempting to agree with the fire sale approach, but that makes very little sense to me logically.
                              My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Comment

I really don't get this whole "Eli's gonna be really old by the time we rebuild" mantra that's going around here. This is the NFL, where the 2-14 Colts became a playoff team the following year! And we already have a franchise QB in place!

You guys act like this is baseball where it takes 5 years to re-tool a team. The OL can be hugely improved by signing 1 good FA and drafting a good player. The defense has already shown significant signs of improvement, despite the score of the last game.

Receivers are there, Wilson is still young and there are always capable RBs' available in FA.

You'd be surprised what one really good offseason can do for a team. Particularly if they get some high draft picks.
                                All Hail The New York Giants!!

Comment

Working...
                                X