Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What about trading ELI for a 1st to some team?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    We will now have missed the playoffs 4 out of 5 Seasons, It doesnt seem that unreasonable for it to be brought up. The only thing is he is unmovable with the Dead money so he isnt going anywhere
    He can still be traded right? And couldent we eat alittle bit of his contract to help make the trade go through? Either way, i'm just glad you get it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
      Houston, maybe Tampa but Schiano is going to get fired anyway.
      I had Tampa, Clevland(josh gordon would love life), Vikings, Raiders(they might not be sold on Pryor), Texans, Jaguars, and Cards on the list. Some more then others of course. But all it takes is one. If there is alot of dead money, your probably right, he'll be here. I'm ok if he stays here, i'll root for him like i do every wk, but it will suck if we don't get better and continue to lose with a asset that continues to lose value.

Comment

• Eli's not quite done yet, it's the offensive line and I believe they can fix it. Sorry but I wouldn't trade him but I would start looking for his successor if I had the opportunity. If they continue to play poorly this yr, let's say 2 more weeks I would probably sit Eli and let Nassib play to see what kind of value he has. I don't want nobody thinking I don't realize it's the offensive line more than it's on Eli. My posts gets ignored in this thread because my Bulls smack around the lil Knicks...it's ok I understand. Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
          He can still be traded right? And couldent we eat alittle bit of his contract to help make the trade go through? Either way, i'm just glad you get it.
          The trading team eats all of the remaining signing bonus. That's why there aren't many player trades in the nfl

If the giants traded Eli right now it would clear 6.5 mil in cap space. But they would have 15 mil in dead money (that's accounted for under the cap either way right now)

Next season it would clear 13.5 mil with 7 mil in dead money

And then 2015 it would clear 17.5 mil with 2.25 mil dead money

They can accelerate the dead money to hit earlier seasons if they so choose

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
            The sad reality is that there is no way we could get a 1st round pick for him.
            I guess someone might surrender a 2nd round pick for Eli.
            Eli needs good players around him to succeed. Teams with good players tend to already have good QB's.
            Oh god, i didn't even want to mention that i'd do it for a 2nd rd pick, and maybe a 6th or 7th..lol I watch as teams waste yrs on QB's who just don't have it like they did or the talent around em erodes as money is mostlwy invested in the QB..etc Its time to start over , and start with a bang, by having a heap of early rd draft picks.

I think one team would see ELI like some of the fans on this thread would and would cave into a 1st rd selection. A team like the Jaguars for instance? All of a sudden they have ELi throwing Blackmon and Shorts and Mercedes Lewis the ball and they got a top 5pick and a top 5 LT in Joeckl all ready on board. It would probably give life to MJD as well, weather he stayed or not, would be diffrent story. Point is, the upside for a franchise like Jax is worth at least a 2nd rd pick, which would basically be a end of 1st rder..

Comment

• Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
              I'm not so sure Tampa believes in their QB. And even if they did think he was a future starter, he isn't very good right now. Think they would love to have a veteran QB
              The last thing they want is Eli. The only chance Eli has in creating interest is from a "win now" team that has all the pieces in place, EXCEPT a QB.
              I can't think of any teams like that right now.
              Young, growing teams have no interest in a QB of Eli's age.
              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

I dont even know anymore because the deal has been reworked so many times. Ive seen conflicting reports OverTheCap.com shows 8 million dead money for 2014 if he is cut which is nothing considering his cap million is 20 million

Comment

• Will the Giants ever trade him probally not. Should they look into yes if they think that it a few years to fix the problem.( it might be with cap issues)

I am not a Eli guy but he has done enough for this team that he stays but after all the talk of elite and super bowl rings I am done pointing the finger on Killbride. Eli should be smart enough or talented enough, getting paid top dollar, to call his own offensive plays at the line. So how does Eli gets a pass for the putrid offense is beyond me. He is a turnover machine and is a 3 and out king due to his love for the deep ball. He needs to step up and be a leader ala his brother and Brady as this team and his offense is in shambles. If he is the elite high paying QB it on him to turn it around. Tom Brady Drew Brees Peyton all have done this with terrible oline at one time. If someone asked you Luck or Eli it a no brainer. Eli this year has been slow at his read/progressions and his feet have been TERRIBLE( oline stinks i get it but not an excuse for elite players make due) His ball flight is a major issue in Giants Stadium with wind in December so in the next few years will be a major issue. Is this "idea" really that insane with cap issues. It is if the brass do not see a future with Ryan Nassib. To me this team needs a major overhaul in talent and youth. Eli is not the major problem but could very well be a major solution if TC retires at the end of the year. I wouldnt do it for just a 1st round pick it have to be a big splash deal. Do I think it will happen never but it a board to talk ideas.

Eli is agreat qb just never been my taste so to speak. I want a moxy guy who isn't afraid to cuss someone out. number 1 key Tough and smart with the ball. mobile enough in the pocket to move w it. doesnt have a stupid look on his face wait this might be number 1.

Comment

The last thing they want is Eli. The only chance Eli has in creating interest is from a "win now" team that has all the pieces in place, EXCEPT a QB.
                    Tampa is pretty much in win now mode. That's why they wanted Carson Palmer in the offseason.

Comment

I think Schiano would love to have ELi actually i just dont think the owner would allow it.

Comment

I think Schiano would love to have ELi actually i just dont think the owner would allow it.

Comment

I had Tampa, Clevland(josh gordon would love life), Vikings, Raiders(they might not be sold on Pryor), Texans, Jaguars, and Cards on the list. Some more then others of course. But all it takes is one. If there is alot of dead money, your probably right, he'll be here. I'm ok if he stays here, i'll root for him like i do every wk, but it will suck if we don't get better and continue to lose with a asset that continues to lose value.
                          Cleveland just traded their best player for a draft pick. They have NO interest I'm sure. The Raiders just dumped their overpaid, mistake prone QB.
                          The Vikings are an interesting possibility but I can't imagine they would surrender a 1st.
                          Houston already has a QB very similar to Eli. Can't imagine they would surrender a 1st for Eli.
                          But ultimately, these teams are trying to build. The last thing they want to give up are high picks.

Comment

• Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                            Tampa is pretty much in win now mode. That's why they wanted Carson Palmer in the offseason.
                            Unfortunately, they aren't in win mode anymore. They just benched their QB for a rook and are 0-4.

Comment

Eli needs good players around him to succeed. Teams with good players tend to already have good QB's.
                              I'm trying to figure out what you are saying here.

At first glace, it looks like you are saying that Eli can be successful if there are good players around him, which I agree with completely.

It's the second part that had me thrown off: this is just an observation about a trade, and not really anything more than that, right?

My assumption would be that surrounding Eli with a stout o-line would allow for him to be successful, and the fact that we can neither pass nor run with the current o-line backs that theory up. There are teams with no QB and a stout o-line (Cleveland would be an excellent example).

But here's the glitch in all this: trading Eli and not fixing the o-line leaves you in a worse position then the one we are in now. Fixing the 0=line would solve the problem on a short term basis (in terms of Eli), right?
                              Every single day I log onto this message board thinking i've seen it all, every single day I am wrong...NYGiants2120

Comment

Unfortunately, they aren't in win mode anymore. They just benched their QB for a rook and are 0-4.
                                Well longer they go the less they can compete for sure. But Tampa would certainly be a better team next season with Eli

Comment

Working...
                                X