Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Might as well go on record: Are you PRO Gilbride or ANTI Gilbride?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anti. Kevin Gilbride seems to have failed to recognize the strengths and weaknesses on our offense.
    There were only 2 bright spots with our offensive in our last game against the Chiefs. The Eli to Cruz 69 yard TD and the no huddle drive where Eli completing 7 of 9 passes. That drive resulting in the missed FG.
    Gilbride’s playbook is dated about 20 years, our offense right now requires a quicker pace and more of a spread alignment, imo.
    There's blame to go around to the players too but even if they're executing, the predictability of our offense is sickening. 3rd and long, what's our call?
    Draw play from the shotgun. We're the kings of FGs. We continually die once in the red zone. If we don't score from beyond that red zone, be rest assured we're settling for a FG. This issue has plagued us for years now.

Unfortunately Coughlin and Gilbride are friends, Gilbride was the offensive coordinator for the Jaguars for 2 seasons under Coughlin.
    With that said, I think we need to take a page from the Ravens last year and fire Gilbride. It obviously wasn't an easy decision for them but it was a move that had to be made and it worked out for them. I think it would be a good move for us too.

Comment

Originally posted by egyptian420 View Post
      Because he's an unclassy POS?
      Cause he probably called shotgun draw one too many times

Comment

Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
        Even with a great O-line our offense could be so much more potent... like Denver's... we need an offense that is simple, yet versatile and mixes things up often and exploits defenses vulnerability.

Randle should be running basic routes, not sight adjustments.
        simple, versital, mixes things up often, and exploits defenses....hmm....yeah thats a "simple" offensive philosophy. Every point you make is a like a 101 of offensive football

I realize things are legitiimately messed up.
        The offenseive woes def involve KG....why wouldnt they.....he is the OC
        Last edited by GameTime; 10-01-2013, 09:51 PM.
        "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
        You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

I'm Anti Losing!

Comment

Originally posted by bearbryant View Post
            I'm Anti Losing!
            well said...
            Bravo....bravo
            "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
            You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

I should say anti.
              He should have seen in the preseason this oline wasn't gonna cut it for the long ball and playaction.
              But out of respect...I will wait to see what he accomplishes at the end of the year.
              sigpic
              BLOOOOOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

The word jackass works too for ANTI.

SAY IT LOUD, I'M ANTI AND I'M PROUD!!!
                I'm Anti. Been Anti. Tried to give him the benefit of the doubt since we won 2 Super Bowls with him. Always thought we won in spite of his game plans not because of them. Leaves me wondering what this offense could be with a creative offensive mind calling the plays. Let's hope we find out next year.

Comment

Anti. Been Anti. Will continue to be anti until hes fired.

Comment

Even with a great O-line our offense could be so much more potent... like Denver's... we need an offense that is simple, yet versatile and mixes things up often and exploits defenses vulnerability.

Randle should be running basic routes, not sight adjustments.
                    Can't disagree with you on the Randle part if we're to believe the PFF stats of him being a big cause of Eli's picks this season. Just no chemistry with him unlike Cruz. Also Nicks MUST have slants thrown to him. it's like we forgot how he was smoking defenders in our Superbowl run

Comment

I would say I'm anti now. I was being neutral until the season started thinking he was holding plays back but silly me. I think he is a little over his head with the injuries and low level players at his disposal that he doesn't know what to do or put guys into position to succeed..

Comment

I'm anti- not making adjustments.
                        Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                          Its like people think Peyton is only good because of everyone else around him (coaches and players). I dont understand it.
                          NOBODY thinks Peyton is ONLY good because of everyone else around him. He's a first-ballot hall-of-fame QB?

But what's going on now in Denver is not just cause Peyton is great. With the exception of the Pats one year (too old to remember which one,) I've never seen a scarier team than Denver right now.

Comment

KG has had above average players bailing out his below average playcalling...
                            Go Giants!!!

Comment

I wouldnt say I am anti-Gilbride. He is just meh. I am not a fan of his system, but it isnt terrible. Never was a fan of his even before he called a game for us. Gilbride is pretty stubborn about his system when his plans arent working. He can call a great game once in awhile, but Eli can also run a no-Huddle to win a lot of games too. He does make odd decisions sometimes, but I'm sure many coordinators do trying to get too cute. I think he just bores me and frustrates me with lack of adjustments.

Comment

Depends upon each game. The KC game the announcer kept praising his for designing an offense that helped the oline. Obviously that scheme could have been better, or playing better linemen. I do think it may be time now for the Giants to start looking for coach(s). I believe the same players and the same coaches over 8-10 year span start having ups and downs where players start second guessing coaches (Cruz) and other players start sniping or showing a general discontent then fail to self motivate or trust coaches and coaches start not trusting players such as Coughlin/Wilson/place kicker etc.
                                Look atRyan not making it in Dallas (btw who can?) but has Saints D playing very well. Something Spags couldn't get going..

Comment

Working...
                                X