Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jerry Reese absolutely destroyed the Superbowl contender he inherited

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    And Reese said he had Wilson rated higher than the muscle hamster.....more proof to his awful draft evaluation skills. A RB who can't pass block and fumbles in the 1st round...BRILLIANT.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by ozzie0075 View Post
      Would Cruz and Stevie Brown not be hidden jems?
      Stevie Brown is a one year wonder at this point.

      Cruz is obviously a gem, but I cant give Reese a ton of credit for it. Realistically, the Giants were the team Cruz signed with as a long shot UDFA because he lived 20 minutes from Giants Stadium.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by BigBlue10Eli View Post

        Cruz is obviously a gem, but I cant give Reese a ton of credit for it. Realistically, the Giants were the team Cruz signed with as a long shot UDFA because he lived 20 minutes from Giants Stadium.
        Lol, you have to be kidding.

        Comment


        • #19
          sorry when a player is a major part or major contributor to a superbowl winning team like alford, KP, SS and manningham were those arent busts, those are getting value and results on a rookie contract.

          you play to win the game.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by amukamerica View Post
            sorry when a player is a major part or major contributor to a superbowl winning team like alford, KP, SS and manningham were those arent busts, those are getting value and results on a rookie contract.

            you play to win the game.
            They started a lot of games for the Giants they arent busts.Be thankful we got the best out of them on rookie deals when they were great value.

            Comment


            • #21
              JERRY REESE ABSOLUTELY DESTROYED THE SUPERBOWL CONTENDER HE INHERITED BY WINNING ANOTHER SUPER BOWL

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                Lol, you have to be kidding.
                I would also not give JR that much credit for Cruz. Do you really think JR had any clue what he was getting when he signed Cruz? That was no football mastermind signing. He brought in a guy that no team valued high enough to draft, and hit an absolute jackpot.
                #80

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
                  I would also not give JR that much credit for Cruz. Do you really think JR had any clue what he was getting when he signed Cruz? That was no football mastermind signing. He brought in a guy that no team valued high enough to draft, and hit an absolute jackpot.
                  So in your opinion, if any GM were to draft a player after the first couple rounds and that player turned out to be great, that is in fact, not a great draft pick at all, and the GM deserves no credit because he didnt know that player would be good? That is the argument you are proposing?

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Here is how I see it....

                    (Hit or miss / issues after selection)

                    Aaron Ross- Hit
                    Steve Smith- Hit / free agency
                    Jay Alford- Hit / injury
                    Zak Deossie- Hit

                    Kenny Phillips- Hit / injury
                    Terrell Thomas- Hit / injury / recovered
                    Mario Manningham- Hit / free agency
                    Bryan Kehl- Miss

                    Hakeem Nicks- Hit
                    Clint Sintim- Miss / system misfit / injury
                    Will Beatty- ??? Looked like good pick until this season
                    Ramses - Miss
                    Travis Beckum- Miss
                    Andre Brown- ??? / injury

                    JPP- Hit / injury
                    Linval Joseph- Hit
                    Chad Jones- ??? / injury
                    Philip Dillard- Miss

                    Prince- Hit
                    Marvin Austin- Miss
                    Jernel Jerrigan- Miss
                    James Brewer- ???


                    This is an incomplete accounting of Reese.....once you get to rounds 5-7, the misses start to stack up. And in free agency, it's been some hits that the Giants paid handsomely for, along with a bunch of misses, particularly at areas of need (Keith Bulluck???....really?).
                    Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 10-01-2013, 08:34 PM.
                    "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

                    "Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Go look at the Patriots draft class for the last few years before you open your mouth, Reese has drafted well, inherited a SB contender??? lol, EA's last season the team was 8-8 yeah that's a SB contender alright...

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by barran21 View Post
                        Go look at the Patriots draft class for the last few years before you open your mouth, Reese has drafted well, inherited a SB contender??? lol, EA's last season the team was 8-8 yeah that's a SB contender alright...
                        Accorsi built the 2007 and 2011 teams.....Reese's drafts complemented the talent, but a succession of questionable draft and free agent decisions have left this team significantly weaker than the team he inherited.

                        If I had to put numbers on it (including giving credit for hiring the coaching staff)....

                        2007: 80% Accorsi, 20% Reese
                        2011: 60% Accorsi, 40% Reese
                        Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 10-01-2013, 08:40 PM.
                        "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

                        "Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
                          Accorsi built the 2007 and 2011 teams.....Reese's drafts complemented the talent, but a succession of questionable draft and free agent decisions have left this team significantly weaker than the team he inherited.

                          If I had to put numbers on it.....

                          2007: 80% Accorsi, 20% Reese
                          2011: 60% Accorsi, 40% Reese
                          Its way more Reese than that, especially considering Reese was in charge of scouting since the 04 draft when they got Eli.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                            So in your opinion, if any GM were to draft a player after the first couple rounds and that player turned out to be great, that is in fact, not a great draft pick at all, and the GM deserves no credit because he didnt know that player would be good? That is the argument you are proposing?
                            So you think Jerry thought when he signed Cruz that he had a future stud that would break Giants receiving records. Is that the argument you are proposing?
                            #80

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Doesn't matter if he built it the OP is wrong, Reese didn't inherit a SB contender, 8-8 is not the mark a SB team, and the Giants were never SB contenders the 2 SB wins came when they got hot, outside of those SBs they have been an average team...

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Too many misses rounds 3 thru 7. Plus his giving huge 6-7 year contracts to mediocre and/or declining players has crippled this team from signing quality players JUST ENTERING THEIR PRIME like Bennett. Not to mention his ignoring an aging OL, drafting a RB who can't block in the first round, and signing a TE who can't block or jump.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X