Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jerry Reese absolutely destroyed the Superbowl contender he inherited

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    So you think Jerry thought when he signed Cruz that he had a future stud that would break Giants receiving records. Is that the argument you are proposing?
    No, my argument is he saw a talented player that stood out, so he brought him in.

    Any other team in the league could have done that. But they didnt.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
      Its way more Reese than that, especially considering Reese was in charge of scouting since the 04 draft when they got Eli.
      Eli was ALL Accorsi.....Ernie wrote up the scouting report on Eli himself. Lord knows what the hell Reese would have done with that 4th pick....considering some of his recent drafts, I'd imagine he might have had traded down and taken Roy Williams or DeAngelo Hall.

      I will give credit to Reese for scouting players, but the picks and free agents were still Accorsi's call.

      Also, hiring Coughlin was Ernie's decision, and I think he turned this team around, just as he has everywhere he's gone....the guy can coach.

      In my opinion, Accorsi was better than Young and Reese.

      After further review..........my numbers stand as called.

      Without Coughlin & Manning.....0 Super Bowls for Reese.
      Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 10-01-2013, 08:48 PM.
      "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

      "Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
        Eli was ALL Accorsi.....Ernie wrote up the scouting report on Eli himself.

        I will give credit to Reese for scouting players, but the picks and free agents were still Accorsi's call.

        Also, hiring Coughlin was Ernie's decision, and I think he turned this team around, just as he has everywhere he's gone....the guy can coach.

        In my opinion, Accorsi was better than Young and Reese.

        After further review..........my numbers stand as called.

        Without Coughlin & Manning.....0 Super Bowls for Reese.
        Even if Eli was all Ernie, you still have to credit Reese for the following draft of Webster + Tuck + Jacobs.

        Comment


        • #34
          This is a load crap. JR didn't inherit a SB team. You need to put down the crack pipe if you think he did. Without Smith, Boss, Ross, Madison, Alford, Bradshaw, Hixon, DeOssie, McQuarters, and Mitchell we don't win SB42...PERIOD!!!!

          Without Boley, Canty, Nicks, Cruz, Ballard, Williams, Grant, Manningham, Phillips, JPP, Rolle, Prince, Weatherford, and Devin Thomas we don't win SB46.

          You whiny spoiled brats need to quit *****ing and be thankful for this era. Stop misleading these sheep because if it wasn't for what JR has done no SB during this TC era.
          Emperor Tom

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by NWKEffectElement View Post
            This is a load crap. JR didn't inherit a SB team. You need to put down the crack pipe if you think he did. Without Smith, Boss, Ross, Madison, Alford, Bradshaw, Hixon, DeOssie, McQuarters, and Mitchell we done win SB42...PERIOD!!!!

            Without Boley, Canty, Nicks, Cruz, Ballard, Williams, Grant, Manningham, Phillips, JPP, Rolle, Prince, Weatherford, and Devin Thomas we don't win SB46.

            You whiny spoiled brats need to quit *****ing and be thankful for this era. Stop misleading these sheep because if it wasn't for JR has done no SB during this TC era.
            Plus the team had Arrington + Emmons + Pettigout under contract, and had just lost Tiki.

            Plus Reese managed to keep enough of that team together by resigning guys to win another SB. Somehow that gets completely overlooked.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
              No, my argument is he saw a talented player that stood out, so he brought him in.

              Any other team in the league could have done that. But they didnt.
              http://www.sbnation.com/2012/2/25/28...s-a-local-udfa

              In this article JR states "If Victor wasn't a local free agent, we wouldn't have brought him in. Sometimes you get lucky." I just foung this now, but I guess you should apologize to the poster above who said exactly this, and you ridiculed him.
              #80

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
                http://www.sbnation.com/2012/2/25/28...s-a-local-udfa

                In this article JR states "If Victor wasn't a local free agent, we wouldn't have brought him in. Sometimes you get lucky." I just foung this now, but I guess you should apologize to the poster above who said exactly this, and you ridiculed him.
                Sigh. So Reese gets no credit for late or undrafted players being good. And doesnt get credit for early picks being good "because everyone drafted early should be good"


                So how, exactly, can he ever have a good pick?

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by NWKEffectElement View Post
                  This is a load crap. JR didn't inherit a SB team. You need to put down the crack pipe if you think he did. Without Smith, Boss, Ross, Madison, Alford, Bradshaw, Hixon, DeOssie, McQuarters, and Mitchell we don't win SB42...PERIOD!!!!

                  Without Boley, Canty, Nicks, Cruz, Ballard, Williams, Grant, Manningham, Phillips, JPP, Rolle, Prince, Weatherford, and Devin Thomas we don't win SB46.

                  You whiny spoiled brats need to quit *****ing and be thankful for this era. Stop misleading these sheep because if it wasn't for what JR has done no SB during this TC era.
                  No Coughlin, No Manning, No Super Bowl for Reese in 2007.

                  In 2011, it was much of the same.....actually moreso, because Reese was already falling behind the curve....the offensive line was starting to age, the defense was starting to get soft, and injuries were taking their toll.

                  If not for a masterful coaching job by Coughlin, and a career season by Eli, they would have NEVER gotten to 9-7. They barely made the playoffs, and then, Ernie's vets once again got the job done in the clutch.

                  I still think Reese is a good GM, but he's made some lame decisions, and they are now really hurting this team. He doesn't deserve the lion's share of credit for 2007 and 2011, and it looks like he's really crapped the bed with the 2013 roster.

                  The biggest difference between 2011 and 2013 is that Reese can't keep leaning on Ernie's offensive and defensive lines anymore.
                  Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 10-01-2013, 09:00 PM.
                  "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

                  "Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by NWKEffectElement View Post
                    This is a load crap. JR didn't inherit a SB team. You need to put down the crack pipe if you think he did. Without Smith, Boss, Ross, Madison, Alford, Bradshaw, Hixon, DeOssie, McQuarters, and Mitchell we don't win SB42...PERIOD!!!!

                    Without Boley, Canty, Nicks, Cruz, Ballard, Williams, Grant, Manningham, Phillips, JPP, Rolle, Prince, Weatherford, and Devin Thomas we don't win SB46.

                    You whiny spoiled brats need to quit *****ing and be thankful for this era. Stop misleading these sheep because if it wasn't for what JR has done no SB during this TC era.
                    So you are happy with the team Reese has assembled this year? Or can you admit HE COMPLETELY SCREWED UP.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                      Sigh. So Reese gets no credit for late or undrafted players being good. And doesnt get credit for early picks being good "because everyone drafted early should be good"


                      So how, exactly, can he ever have a good pick?
                      Somebody hating on Reese, it sucks we having a bad year, but some of the stuff on here is crazy...

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                        Sigh. So Reese gets no credit for late or undrafted players being good. And doesnt get credit for early picks being good "because everyone drafted early should be good"


                        So how, exactly, can he ever have a good pick?
                        I never said that, I am simply not gonna call him a genious for getting lucky with Cruz.
                        #80

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by NWKEffectElement View Post
                          This is a load crap. JR didn't inherit a SB team. You need to put down the crack pipe if you think he did. Without Smith, Boss, Ross, Madison, Alford, Bradshaw, Hixon, DeOssie, McQuarters, and Mitchell we don't win SB42...PERIOD!!!!

                          Without Boley, Canty, Nicks, Cruz, Ballard, Williams, Grant, Manningham, Phillips, JPP, Rolle, Prince, Weatherford, and Devin Thomas we don't win SB46.

                          You whiny spoiled brats need to quit *****ing and be thankful for this era. Stop misleading these sheep because if it wasn't for what JR has done no SB during this TC era.
                          Amen.. The idiocy here has shot up to enormous levels in recent weeks.

                          I've never heard of a GM not being able to to take credit for a Super Bowl win that happened 4 years into his tenure, and like you said.. he deserves credit for putting the pieces into place that helped us win SB42.

                          It's one thing to blame him for letting the LB and Oline sinking talent wise, I can't argue with that.. but some of things being said here are just stupid

                          How many GMs in the league have 2 rings and never had a losing season?

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
                            I never said that, I am simply not gonna call him a genious for getting lucky with Cruz.
                            It was both. he didnt have to invite cruz at all. Something with Cruz stood out to the scouts, so they recommended he be brought in.

                            That they didnt expect him to be a probowl receiver doesnt mean they didnt expect him to have some upside

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by drewz View Post
                              Amen.. The idiocy here has shot up to enormous levels in recent weeks.

                              I've never heard of a GM not being able to to take credit for a Super Bowl win that happened 4 years into his tenure, and like you said.. he deserves credit for putting the pieces into place that helped us win SB42.

                              It's one thing to blame him for letting the LB and Oline sinking talent wise, I can't argue with that.. but some of things being said here are just stupid

                              How many GMs in the league have 2 rings and never had a losing season?
                              How many GMs have "won" 2 Super Bowls with a Coach and QB they didn't pick?....that would be an awesome trivia question.

                              Reese deserves some credit for 2007 and 2011.
                              "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

                              "Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
                                How many GMs have "won" 2 Super Bowls with a Coach and QB they didn't pick?....that would be an awesome trivia question.

                                Reese deserves some credit for 2007 and 2011.
                                He kept both Coughlin and Eli. Lets not pretend either was lighting it up before 07. Pretty much all of NY was calling for Coughlins head after 06. And Eli was probably the most ragged on player in the NFL.


                                As for current GMs with 2 SB rings? There isnt anyone. Nevermind one with a QB or coach that was there before they became GM

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X