Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giants organization finally sends a message to players by...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants organization finally sends a message to players by...

Cutting Darell Scott???

Scott made his first career start against the Chiefs. He finished the game with 26 rushing yards on five carries and caught one pass for zero yards. In four games, Scott’s 56 rushing yards on 10 carries were second on the team to David Wilson’s 130 yards. Scott also had 10 receptions for 98 yards, including his first career touchdown on a 23-yard pass from Eli Manning vs. Denver on Sept. 15.

So.... You start a guy, who rushed for 5 yards a carry, then you cut him? Isn't he like the last guy besides cruz to catch an Eli manning TD catch?

Pretty funny! I thought D'Scott was the only guy over-achieving on this roster. Nothing spectacular but still better then wilson, or jacobs, or like everyone else on the field.

Wake up call for everyone with a big contract and does not produce! Giants will cut your teammates if you dont shape up!
    Just remember Kevin Love makes more money then OBJ, and OBJ also dunks better.

It's a well known fact that NFL owners like to see their money on the field, and not on the bench or getting physical therapy during a game.

The Giants are better than many teams in this respect, but the adage holds true that if you get paid, you play. . .whether you're hurt or you just plain stink.

Comment

Originally posted by appodictic View Post
      Cutting Darell Scott???

Scott made his first career start against the Chiefs. He finished the game with 26 rushing yards on five carries and caught one pass for zero yards. In four games, Scott’s 56 rushing yards on 10 carries were second on the team to David Wilson’s 130 yards. Scott also had 10 receptions for 98 yards, including his first career touchdown on a 23-yard pass from Eli Manning vs. Denver on Sept. 15.

So.... You start a guy, who rushed for 5 yards a carry, then you cut him? Isn't he like the last guy besides cruz to catch an Eli manning TD catch?

Pretty funny! I thought D'Scott was the only guy over-achieving on this roster. Nothing spectacular but still better then wilson, or jacobs, or like everyone else on the field.

Wake up call for everyone with a big contract and does not produce! Giants will cut your teammates if you dont shape up!
      The stats lie. Scott has been in games late when the scores were out of hand and defenses didn't have to even try to defend the run. That padded his stats. From a yards after contact standpoint, Wilson has been much better.

He also had a hand to play in 3 turnovers thus far and while many here seem to think he could pass protect, his man has gotten to the Qb 4 times this year, the worst number of any back on the team.
      sigpic

Comment

When you are a guy who only made the team because another guy in front of you breaks his leg in the preseason, you can't afford to do what he did at the end of the Dallas game, then drop another screen pass and fumble a couple weeks later. He was given his chances, he'll regret not taking advantage of them.

Comment

when you fumble a handoff that the qb places in your stomach right between your arms you deserve to be cut.

Comment

I've always liked Scott's speed but somehow it never translated. If it weren't for Andre's injury he would have never made the final 53.... Just an early cut to make room for a backup center, which indicates that Baas may be out for a while.

Comment

Cutting Darell Scott???

I'm not sure how he was overachieving when he dropped two or more passes and couldn't take a hand off from Eli last week.
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Chaos View Post
                I've always liked Scott's speed but somehow it never translated. If it weren't for Andre's injury he would have never made the final 53.... Just an early cut to make room for a backup center, which indicates that Baas may be out for a while.
                Somehow his speed never translated? Maybe because he never really had a shot. Finally he gets a chance this year and has one of the worst offensive lines in the history of the NFL. Not really his fault. The fumbles? Maybe he is shell shocked like QBs are sometimes by there being 3 guys in the backfield before he touches the ball. I dont know, but I do remember a fake punt he took to the house in preseason and that screen pass to him earlier he took to the house. DAvid Wilsons speed also isnt translating.... Id say it is the offense. No way Wilson should not be a playmaker or at least getting more touches.
                Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

Comment

It's because he was never a burst guy. And never had the balance to break tackles. Got tripped up way too easily like Jacobs did.

Really. Scott and Jacobs are quite similar talent wise. Jacobs just is considerably larger

And i don't think releasing scott had anything to do with "sending a message". They needed two roster spots, Scotts production was the easiest to replace... There you go
                  Last edited by slipknottin; 10-02-2013, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                    It's because he was never a burst guy. And never had the balance to break tackles. Got tripped up way too easily like Jacobs did.

Really. Scott and Jacobs are quite similar talent wise. Jacobs just is considerably larger

And i don't think releasing scott had anything to do with "sending a message". They needed two roster spots, Scotts production was the easiest to replace... There you go
                    And relatively inexpensive
                    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

When you have the chance to sign the worst offensive lineman in the league from 2012, you need to make room for him.

Seriously though, Scott fumbled a routine handoff that my 5th grade son could have handled. These team is loaded with mistake-prone players....they won't miss him.
                      "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
                        When you have the chance to sign the worst offensive lineman in the league from 2012, you need to make room for him.

Seriously though, Scott fumbled a routine handoff that my 5th grade son could have handled. These team is loaded with mistake-prone players....they won't miss him.
                        What you mean to say is Eli manning had his second fumble of the game, QB->running back exchanges are QB fumbles. You can tell the play was messed up and they were two far apart for a hand off.
                        Just remember Kevin Love makes more money then OBJ, and OBJ also dunks better.

Comment

+1

Comment

What you mean to say is Eli manning had his second fumble of the game, QB->running back exchanges are QB fumbles. You can tell the play was messed up and they were two far apart for a hand off.
                            agreed but of course the ;lower paid guy takes the fall

Comment

Cutting Darell Scott???

it grosses me out that you wanna look at his stats the way you do, when he got about 23 of the yards on 2 draw plays ran when it was 3rd & 20... none resulting in a 1st down... good grief

Comment

Working...
                              X