Interesting Jacobs/Wilson combo.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rudy
    started a topic Interesting Jacobs/Wilson combo.

Interesting Jacobs/Wilson combo.

@Giants_101: Coughlin says "it's safe to say" the Giants will use a combo of David Wilson/Brandon Jacobs moving forward. #nyg #giants

• appodictic
    replied
    This is more of a fact then news...the giants cut everyone else...

Leave a comment:

• BeatYale
    replied
    Wouldn't it be great if KG did something creative like put Wilson in the slot, with Jacobs in the back field and had Wilson run some short routes like bubble screens, shallow crossing route etc. Stuff that would let him use his athletic ability out in space all the while taking some pressure off the OL with quick developing passing plays that don't require Eli to always scan down field.

Leave a comment:

• primetime
    replied
    Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post

This line needs the green light to smash someone in the mouth, repeatedly.
    The green light has been on for 4 weeks, clearly the players are texting their buddies instead of moving forward.

Leave a comment:

• joemorrisforprez
    replied
    Originally posted by Giant stuck in Texas View Post
    Can't say I hate it. In fact, I'm excited to see the big guy get more snaps.

Eagles run D sucks, should shape up to be a good run game for us this Sunday.
    I'll puke if I see Gilbride running Jacobs horizontally.

This line needs the green light to smash someone in the mouth, repeatedly.

I'd be thrilled if Eli was 14-19 with 190 yards and 1 TD....we'd likely win 28-10.

Leave a comment:

• Giant stuck in Texas
    replied
    Can't say I hate it. In fact, I'm excited to see the big guy get more snaps.

Eagles run D sucks, should shape up to be a good run game for us this Sunday.

Leave a comment:

• B-Red22
    replied
    Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
    @RVacchianoNYDN: For those expecting the Giants to take more of a look at rookie RB Michael Cox, Coughlin said he still has some more learning to do. #NYG
    thats weaksauce Coughlin
    Last edited by B-Red22; 10-02-2013, 12:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ruttiger711
    replied
    Originally posted by jaxnygmen View Post
    Jacobs has done nothing at all since returning. He was a waste and should be cut as well.
    You have to be given the chance to become a waste - he was in for 1 play and ran 5 yards with the ball. What would you have him do?

Leave a comment:

• Tony Bruno
    replied
    Def. shows TC's trust and confidence that Wilson is our guy.

Leave a comment:

• TheEnigma
    replied
    Originally posted by PBTimmons View Post
    I don't think Coughlin agrees with the move to cut Scott. I'm with Reese on this one - if Coughlin won't willingly play David Wilson then force him to. Can't win games if you continue to give more snaps to less talented players.
    I wouldn't be surprised at all if your theory is indeed the truth.

Leave a comment:

• jaxnygmen
    replied
    Jacobs has done nothing at all since returning. He was a waste and should be cut as well.

Leave a comment:

• joemorrisforprez
    replied
    Originally posted by Moke View Post
    Need all the blocking we could use.
    Exactly. Jacobs has always been the best blocking running back on this team....and I'm including Bradshaw in that comparison.

Frankly, they might want to consider him as a tight end or fullback if needed.

It's ****ing ludicrous watching Gilbride constantly neglect this guy, and frankly, it's a huge reason why if Gilbride gets canned I wouldn't shed a tear.

Leave a comment:

• njg85m
    replied
    Originally posted by BigBlueOnes View Post
    Jacobs is over.
    Based on what?

Leave a comment:

• joemorrisforprez
    replied
    Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
    @Giants_101: Coughlin says "it's safe to say" the Giants will use a combo of David Wilson/Brandon Jacobs moving forward. #nyg #giants
    Finally.

Leave a comment:

• PBTimmons
    replied
    I don't think Coughlin agrees with the move to cut Scott. I'm with Reese on this one - if Coughlin won't willingly play David Wilson then force him to. Can't win games if you continue to give more snaps to less talented players.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X