No announcement yet.

Gilbride needs to get the plays to Eli faster, or let Eli take control:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you guys clearly don't understand key words ......and I really don't care to sit here and explain how they work to you

Omaha is a part of Eli....as well as many other QBs in the leagues cadence

like I said go watch some Packer highlights ....on every single snap you will here ....and I quote

"3-19, 3-19 "

two times in a row.....every single snap

Comment

Giants break out of the huddle late compared to other teams. For a scheme that influences sight adjustments, I don't get what's beneficial about breaking so late, unless they think they're gaining an edge by not showing their look until the latest possible moment (and preventing the D from making adjustments).

Maybe this is Gilbride/Coughlin's thinking, and they care less about the snap count and Omahas.

IMO, a mix would be nice. Mix of tempo, snap counts, show your hand early, don't show your hand early, a game of cat and mouse.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
        you guys clearly don't understand key words ......and I really don't care to sit here and explain how they work to you

like I said go watch some Packer highlights ....on every single snap you will here ....and I quote

"3-19, 3-19 "

Before every single snap? I only notice it when the playclock is winding down. My bad if I'm wrong
        sigpic

Comment

"3-19, 3-19 "

Eli also uses "alert" "alert" which I take for a change in the play called
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by Helmet View Post
            Giants break out of the huddle late compared to other teams. For a scheme that influences sight adjustments, I don't get what's beneficial about breaking so late, unless they think they're gaining an edge by not showing their look until the latest possible moment (and preventing the D from making adjustments).

Maybe this is Gilbride/Coughlin's thinking, and they care less about the snap count and Omahas.

IMO, a mix would be nice. Mix of tempo, snap counts, show your hand early, don't show your hand early, a game of cat and mouse.
            I admit to being on the short bus when it comes to x's and o's, but with Eli being the franchise guy, is it out of the question to suggest a lot of what we see is either to use Eli's strengths or to because Eli wants it that way?
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by Helmet View Post
              Before every single snap? I only notice it when the playclock is winding down. My bad if I'm wrong
              Aaron Rodgers uses 3-19 on every snap ......check out some packer film .....you will hear "three nineteeeeeeeen , three nineteen"......the second 3-19 much quicker than the first ......every single snap ...go see for yourself

Eli uses Omaha on about 3/4 of the snaps and it has nothing to do with the play clock

Drew Brees also uses Omaha as does a few other guys in the league....I believe Flacco does as well

Comment

"3-19, 3-19 "

"Hurry Hurry", is Peytons phrase.

Comment

Aaron Rodgers uses 3-19 on every snap ......check out some packer film .....you will hear "three nineteeeeeeeen , three nineteen"......the second 3-19 much quicker than the first ......every single snap ...go see for yourself

Eli uses Omaha on about 3/4 of the snaps and it has nothing to do with the play clock

Drew Brees also uses Omaha as does a few other guys in the league....I believe Flacco does as well

You're right on. I just disagree with the amount/timing of the 2x Omaha. Eli uses a lot of 5-18, 1-80, at least that's what I've grown accustomed to hearing

But if you're saying the cadence is what it is coming out of the huddle, how can I disprove that? Just feels like we're always getting Omaha when the playclock winds to zero compared to other situations

This video is from 2011 (to ease our pain) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udLV_qClg98
                  A lot of 1-80 and 5-18. At 7:49 with playclock at 2 you hear the Omaha 2x on the Cruz touchdown

Oh, the glory days.
                  And RF, there's an "alert alert alert" in there which I take to be calling out a blitz on that particular play
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

Peyton has more than any QB I have ever heard in my 50+ years of watching the sport .....and from what I understand more than half of them are dummy calls .....or at least thats what Jeff Saturday has said publicly ......he said a lot of them are dummy calls but you will never know which ones because the dummy calls this week may be the actual calls next week

Peyton throws out crazy stuff...I've heard him say "Transylvania"....I've heard him say "Ice Cream" ....I've heard him say " Farmer Farmer".....
                    I actually believe some of the ridiculous dummy calls he yells may just to get the defenders thinking for a split second....."did he actually just say Ice Cream Ice Cream"....then boom the ball is snapped

Peyton Manning is unlike any football player I have ever seen in my entire life

Comment

Peyton has more than any QB I have ever heard in my 50+ years of watching the sport .....and from what I understand more than half of them are dummy calls .....or at least thats what Jeff Saturday has said publicly ......he said a lot of them are dummy calls but you will never know which ones because the dummy calls this week may be the actual calls next week

Peyton throws out crazy stuff...I've heard him say "Transylvania"....I've heard him say "Ice Cream" ....I've heard him say " Farmer Farmer".....
                      I actually believe some of the ridiculous dummy calls he yells may just to get the defenders thinking for a split second....."did he actually just say Ice Cream Ice Cream"....then boom the ball is snapped

I agree. He is one of the greatest any of us have ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                        He also uses "Omaha". Brady used to as well.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                          I admit to being on the short bus when it comes to x's and o's, but with Eli being the franchise guy, is it out of the question to suggest a lot of what we see is either to use Eli's strengths or to because Eli wants it that way?
                          I'm with you. We defer to the coaching staff to put the players in the best possible position to succeed.

No one is biting on Eli's hard count any more, and why would they? Actually, the O line bites more on his hard count more than the opposition
                          sigpic

Comment

The last second hikes are really odd. It could be to stop the defense from seeing the formation for too long, but they still know your personnel. Pass rushers must love it though. I am sure I'm not the only one yelling snap the ball at the TV to avoid a delay of game lol

Comment

Ever hear "3 and out"? Eli calls that one occasionally. While other QBs use, seems fitting this year
                              sigpic

Comment

Just once, wouldn't you like to hear one of them yell WTF - 55

Comment

Working...
                                X