Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gilbride needs to get the plays to Eli faster, or let Eli take control:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    "Eat Salad!"

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
      Omaha is a "key" word

      its meaning changes by formation, personnel package & down and distance multiple times per game.....it also changes by syllable

      watch a Packer game and listen for 3-19

      they use 3-19 as the Giants and Saints use Omaha

      it is not as it seems to be from a spectator standpoint
      You are overcomplicating it. Yes it is a keyword and all it means is "hurry up"

      Many commentators have mentioned this, including Cris Collinsworth at the Dallas game a couple years ago. Every team has a word like this. It is plain as day to see when we play that "Omaha" is said just prior to the snap. It is an indication that the time is running out, and we need to snap it ahead of schedule.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
        You are overcomplicating it. Yes it is a keyword and all it means is "hurry up"

        Many commentators have mentioned this, including Cris Collinsworth at the Dallas game a couple years ago. Every team has a word like this. It is plain as day to see when we play that "Omaha" is said just prior to the snap. It is an indication that the time is running out, and we need to snap it ahead of schedule.
        Chirs Collinsworth is wrong

        it has nothing to do with the clock

        Omaha means nothing close to hurry up.

        that would actually be ridiculous and give the defense an absolute advantage

        one of it's meanings in the rotation is ...the next snap count is the live one.....when Eli is trying to get the D to show it's look .....but that is not it's only meaning

        it's meaning changes multiple times per game

        I'm not just pulling things out of my *** these are facts

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
          Chirs Collinsworth is wrong

          it has nothing to do with the clock

          Omaha means nothing close to hurry up.

          that would actually be ridiculous and give the defense an absolute advantage

          one of it's meanings in the rotation is ...the next snap count is the live one.....when Eli is trying to get the D to show it's look .....but that is not it's only meaning

          it's meaning changes multiple times per game

          I'm not just pulling things out of my *** these are facts
          Sorry, you are wrong, You can be as emphatic as you like.

          I do agree that the meaning of the word may change slightly, but every offense has a trigger word that means exactly what I said and for as long as I can remember we have used "Omaha."

          My point above is that using the same word, every game for years in a row, does in fact give away its meaning to the defense. Colinsworth's mentioning it on national TV pretty much verifies that.
          Last edited by BlueSanta; 10-02-2013, 06:45 PM.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
            Sorry, you are wrong, You can be as emphatic as you like.

            I do agree that the meaning of the word may change slightly, but every offense has a trigger word that means exactly what I said and for as long as I can remember we have used "Omaha."

            My point above is that using the same word, every game for years in a row, does in fact give away its meaning to the defense. Colinsworth's mentioning it on national TV pretty much verifies that.
            ok.....someone who has sat in on meetings with the team and heard them discuss a weeks key word definitions is wrong......ooooook

            believe what you will my friend ...but it has nothing to do with the clock
            Last edited by YATittle1962; 10-02-2013, 07:19 PM.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
              ok.....someone who has sat in on meetings with the team and heard them discuss this weeks key word definitions is wrong......ooooook

              believe what you will my friend ...but it has nothing to do with the clock
              I trust what I see, not what ppl on the internet tell me.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
                I trust what I see, not what ppl on the internet tell me.
                fair enough

                just trying to clear up something that has been confusing fans for a long time

                not trying to be a ****......just trying to help

                I'd be glad to tell you how I know this information and how I get the access I do if you are interested and if that would help you trust "ppl on the internet"

                PM me if interested

                peace

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
                  fair enough

                  just trying to clear up something that has been confusing fans for a long time

                  not trying to be a ****......just trying to help

                  I'd be glad to tell you how I know this information and how I get the access I do if you are interested and if that would help you trust "ppl on the internet"

                  PM me if interested

                  peace
                  I do not think you are being an ***. No offense taken. I just do not agree with you

                  But even if you take the 'Omaha" out of the equation, my initial point still stands. We have a very bad habit of freely giving away the "snap advantage" on offense. We aren't alone, a number of NFL teams do this, but we are 1 of the worst offenders. For a team that is sound up front this isn't a big deal. But we are really struggling in the trenches and giving away any advantage, even a small 1, is a bad decision.

                  just my 2 cents.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    I finally figured it out...

                    They let the play clock run down so low because they know 9 times out of 10 they're going 3 and out. Gotta get some rest in for the D somewhere amiright or amiright?

                    hehe

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
                      one of it's meanings in the rotation is ...the next snap count is the live one.....when Eli is trying to get the D to show it's look .....but that is not it's only meaning
                      This is the part i read about.

                      You mentioned previously regarding the syllable - can you elaborate? This type of **** is really interesting.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
                        I do not think you are being an ***. No offense taken. I just do not agree with you

                        But even if you take the 'Omaha" out of the equation, my initial point still stands. We have a very bad habit of freely giving away the "snap advantage" on offense. We aren't alone, a number of NFL teams do this, but we are 1 of the worst offenders. For a team that is sound up front this isn't a big deal. But we are really struggling in the trenches and giving away any advantage, even a small 1, is a bad decision.

                        just my 2 cents.
                        Regarding the key word.... What you are disagreeing with is not my opinion but a fact

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          I always assumed that Omaha meant hurry. As in hurry up the play clock is almost gone. Never thought it could mean anything else but hurry. Interesting!

                          Oh the other item directed to the OP. I've watched this team consistently be late with the snap; get delay penalties; eli signaling for the sideline to give him the play> That was going on last Sunday. Eli has to wait. He waits for Mr. Offensive coordinator to get his job done. Just one more way that this team shoots itself in the foot constantly. It never fails to amaze me that the Giants always do things the hard way and a way that never takes advantage of opportunities that appear. Just love to beat your head against the wall, over and over and over again. Jeez

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            That's why if Eli has the reigns we would be in better shape. No more waiting for OC to complicate the scheme or shotgun draw on obvious occasions and no more clock issues. Plus, it simplifies the offense so everyone is on the same page.
                            WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by YATittle1962 View Post
                              Regarding the key word.... What you are disagreeing with is not my opinion but a fact
                              Well, again, You saying it is a fact does not make it fact. I already covered that. I trust what I see, not what someone on the internet tells me.



                              I noticed you have not addressed the point of my post tho, just the 1 aspect of it. Do you not agree with the overall point? The "Omaha" thing was just 1 example of a few in the making of my point.
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                So...what does Omaha mean again?
                                Mood: WOOF!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X