Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fans Can't Save Giants' Floundering Season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Fans Can't Save Giants' Floundering Season

    http://nypost.com/2013/10/02/coughli...around-giants/

    Excerpt: "It gets deafening inside CenturyLinc Field when the Seahawks play, and it was loud Sunday at Arrowhead Stadium when the Chiefs silenced the Giants. And now, with his team Giants on death row, Tom Coughlin is making a plea for help.

    “I’m hoping that our fans are as boisterous and supportive as they’ve ever been — maybe even more,” Coughlin said Wednesday. “I just hope everyone rallies around our team right now. The players need it, we all need it. We all need to feel that great support and the 12th man. Playing at home in your division there’s certainly every reason in the world to be excited about that. …

    “I’m hoping that they help us, the fans help us win.”

    Here’s the problem, and it goes beyond the chicken-or-the-egg obvious that it is on the Giants to give their fans something to cheer about Sunday against the hated Eagles:

    Giants fans did not expect their team to come home 0-4.

    Giants fans, like ownership, hold this team to a higher standard.

    Giants fans dreamed of their team making history by becoming the first team to play in a Super Bowl in its home stadium, just as the players did.

    Giants fans weren’t expecting an overmatched, injury-ravaged offensive line that can’t keep Eli Manning upright or clear the path for a running game.

    Giants fans weren’t expecting Manning to throw 11 interceptions.

    Giants fans weren’t expecting Jason Pierre-Paul to have only one more sack than Michael Strahan or Kelly Ripa.

    Giants fans weren’t expecting David Wilson to fumble his golden opportunity.

    Giants fans weren’t expecting Hakeem Nicks to virtually disappear.

    In other words, Coughlin can expect Giants fans to be “All in.”

    But guess what: It’s up to his Giants to keep them “All in.”

    It’s up to the Giants to help the Giants win, no matter where the game is played." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

  • #2
    I hope the fans are loud....anything that might help them out.

    Win this game, and if the Broncos win, all of a sudden they are 1 game out with a 1-1 Division record.

    If the hometown fans want to help salvage the season, being loud isn't asking too much.
    "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

    "Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

    Comment


    • #3
      Not gonna happen.
      Giant fans at the stadium have been known to be pathetically quiet.
      Full of rich old geezers who would rather sit down and yell at all those who are disrupting their naps.
      Actually, maybe..just maybe they will give up their tickets to their college kids about now...so maybe their is hope afterall.
      sigpic
      BLOOOOOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Comment


      • #4
        I'll be at the pool Tom, I wish I could be at the stadium though, and you'd get to hear me alright. I hope you get to hear 70,000 people boo as you come out of the tunnel.

        Comment


        • #5
          Amazing how Coughlin was asked a simple question in a press conference, and it turns in to an entire "fans hate the giants" article. I watched the press conference, and he was asked If/How the fans would/can affect the game sunday.

          He said “I’m hoping that our fans are as boisterous and supportive as they’ve ever been — maybe even more." Which turns into that ridiculous steve serby article above.

          And Ripped, you wont be at the pool or the stadium, cause being there would mean you couldn't be here bashing everything giants. And anyone who frequents these boards knows you cant go 2 minutes without posting something negative about the Giants.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by DandyDon View Post
            Amazing how Coughlin was asked a simple question in a press conference, and it turns in to an entire "fans hate the giants" article. I watched the press conference, and he was asked If/How the fans would/can affect the game sunday.

            He said “I’m hoping that our fans are as boisterous and supportive as they’ve ever been — maybe even more." Which turns into that ridiculous steve serby article above.

            And Ripped, you wont be at the pool or the stadium, cause being there would mean you couldn't be here bashing everything giants. And anyone who frequents these boards knows you cant go 2 minutes without posting something negative about the Giants.
            I've yet to see anything positive from the Giants since I joined these boards, you don't see the correlation I'm sure.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by imstilripped View Post
              I've yet to see anything positive from the Giants since I joined these boards, you don't see the correlation I'm sure.
              Are you taking he blame? If so stop bring a fan immediately. Root for every opponent for the rest of the years. Thanks for the help.
              # 80 (For FBomb)

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by GiantRoc View Post
                Are you taking he blame?
                I'm sure Reese/Coughlin/Kildrive would love someone else to take the blame for this embarassment of a team, not gonna happen they own it.

                Comment


                • #9
                  We both know that you joined these boards under another name before July 2013. Some peeps need to change their names year to year because of the dumb things they said in the past?

                  You should run for political office. Except it's harder to change your name there.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by DandyDon View Post
                    We both know that you joined these boards under another name before July 2013. Some peeps need to change their names year to year because of the dumb things they said in the past?

                    You should run for political office. Except it's harder to change your name there.
                    You're a genius in your own mind, and like 99 % of the posters on this board were before the season started, dead wrong.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Sometimes booing works. It lets the players know how the fans really think.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by giantsfan4lyfee View Post
                        Sometimes booing works. It lets the players know how the fans really think.
                        If the people in those seats had a brain, or a sac, there would be a deafening booooooooooooo sound every single time the shotgun draw is run.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by imstilripped View Post
                          You're a genius in your own mind, and like 99 % of the posters on this board were before the season started, dead wrong.
                          Of course you wont reply to my point that you changed your name and are hiding your past posts. You just keep pointing out how pleased you are with yourself that you were finally right this year. Over a thousand posts since this past July, and 99% negative trash. You go boy...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by DandyDon View Post
                            Of course you wont reply to my point that you changed your name and are hiding your past posts.
                            What do you think I just said your dead wrong about you brainless twit?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
                              I hope the fans are loud....anything that might help them out.

                              Win this game, and if the Broncos win, all of a sudden they are 1 game out with a 1-1 Division record.

                              If the hometown fans want to help salvage the season, being loud isn't asking too much.
                              Big deal, we'd be on top in a very weak division this year. Net result is that we'd be crushed early in the playoffs. At this stage of a 0-4 season it's foolish to be thinking of playoffs...playoffs?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X