Future for Will Beatty

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future for Will Beatty

I know this is a little early to discuss next season during the middle of a playoff run, but I want to know your thoughts on the future of Will Beatty. The Giants Offensive line has been so much better since he went down with an injury. Think about it, we are ranked # 32 in rushing, but we have rushed for over 100 yards for the last few games. When Beatty was playing we could not run the ball. Our record was 6-6 and we were going no where. We have gone 3-1 in the last month and our running game appears to be back. So my question is what will management say about his performance at left tackle next season. Diehl has been much better at the position.

Re: Future for Will Beatty

[quote user="wgsgiants"]I know this is a little early to discuss next season during the middle of a playoff run, but I want to know your thoughts on the future of Will Beatty.* The Giants Offensive line has been so much better since he went down with an injury.* Think about it, we are ranked # 32 in rushing, but we have rushed for over 100 yards for the last few games.* When Beatty was playing we could not run the ball.* Our record was 6-6 and we were going no where.* We have gone 3-1 in the last month and our running game appears to be back.* So my question is what will management say about his performance at left tackle next season.* Diehl has been much better at the position.*[/quote]Its more because David Diehl isnt at Guard anymore.David Diehl was horrible at LG just awful.Put Beatty at LT with Boothe at LG the Giants would be fine.

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="wgsgiants"]I know this is a little early to discuss next season during the middle of a playoff run, but I want to know your thoughts on the future of Will Beatty. The Giants Offensive line has been so much better since he went down with an injury. Think about it, we are ranked # 32 in rushing, but we have rushed for over 100 yards for the last few games. When Beatty was playing we could not run the ball. Our record was 6-6 and we were going no where. We have gone 3-1 in the last month and our running game appears to be back. So my question is what will management say about his performance at left tackle next season. Diehl has been much better at the position.[/quote]Its more because David Diehl isnt at Guard anymore.David Diehl was horrible at LG just awful.Put Beatty at LT with Boothe at LG the Giants would be fine.[/quote]

I agree. Well, sort of. Point is, I believe Will Beatty is our LT for the conceivable future.

Comment

I think the problem lies more upon Diehl and Baas playing like trash when Beatty was still in. They would get no push up the gut in the run game and at times would get totally abused and taken advantage of.

Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Beatty was our best linemen to start the season. He was really good pass protecting. He's the LT of the future.

Comment

Beatty was actually playing well. Like everyone is saying the concern lies with Diehl and Baas.

Comment

i was re-watching the game and saw booth getting push to the next level on some plays i saw bass either standing guys up and not getting push or moving backwards with some containment. is it just me or does he look like a better suit at a guard spot than a center?

we need jacobs to pound the rock against the falcons we can't do that with bass at center the 21 / 12 gaps are where jacobs is effective if baas is not getting push and creating these lanes then jacobs will be ineffective he's not a shifty cut back runner. sigh*s just put boothe back at center petrus at guard please . FML

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
              @Katdaddyjay 17h
              @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
              http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Comment

How about Booth to center, Bass to his normal position at guard, Beatty stays at left tackle and Diehl goes to right tackle.....

Comment

[quote user="lilredk"]How about Booth to center, Bass to his normal position at guard, Beatty stays at left tackle and Diehl goes to right tackle.....
                  [/quote]

What about Brewer?Bass snaps the ball better than Boothe.
                  "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Comment

[quote user="fansince69"][quote user="lilredk"]How about Booth to center, Bass to his normal position at guard, Beatty stays at left tackle and Diehl goes to right tackle.....
                    [/quote]

[/quote]

Brewer hasn't been on the field much but from what I heard when he was first drafted, he is a bit of a project and may eventually take K-Mac's spot.

Comment

Will Beatty is soft, David Diehl plays with toughness that Will does not have !!! Right tackle maybe?

Comment

[quote user="fansince69"][quote user="lilredk"]How about Booth to center, Bass to his normal position at guard, Beatty stays at left tackle and Diehl goes to right tackle.....
                        [/quote]

[/quote]

brewer, although an unknown to many, was a good prospect coming out of college. i believe Indiana. He has a lot of the things u look for in a tackle, but was a little rough around the edges. Although he is projected as a RT, a lot of scouts reported that he could eventually be a solid LT. I think Brewer will surprise a lot of people next year.

As for Beatty, I think that considering this was his first year being the "guy" at LT, he played well. We go against some of the premier pass rushers in the nfc east. He held his own against Orakpo and Cole. At times he looked skiddish, but he def. showed at times why he was considered to be a solid LT prospect. I think, if he can get healthy god willing, he will be our bookend at LT for years to come.

With Beatty and Brewer being young, and having the physical tools that good tackles need, we should be fine there. We also have a great OL coach in Flaherty I believe, I cant ever remember his name.

I think the struggles in the run game when Beatty played was due to Diehl Baas and Snee getting used to each other with no off season, and Diehl REALLY struggling at LG. Diehl is a great Giant but I think the days of him being a dominant lineman are numbered.

the best lines in the game are ones that have played with each other for a while and know where his teammate will be at all times, something that we had no shot of with Beatty being a first year started, Diehl moving back to LG after several years, and a new guy being signed in Baas.

Comment

Will Beatty holds all the time when pass-blocking. I don't know how he gets away with it, but they never seem to penalize him.

Comment

next year we'll get an andrews brother to play tackle..stacey or sean or maybe another andrew brother..50 years ago the andrew sisters giants have andrew brothers

Comment

I think if we moved Diehl to RT and Booth stays there unitll we find a replacement in the draft we are good. Diehl is better at the tackle than the guard hands down. I love how he threw Ware to the ground like he was an average player. Kmac is done after this season we all know this.

Comment

Working...
                              X