Eli not confident in Manningham?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eli not confident in Manningham?

I think he was thrown to maybe twice on Sunday. I wonder if Eli is hesitant to throw his way due to the numerous mis-communications between them this year. It is a nice luxury to have Manningham as the third receiver now. Was Barden hurt? I do not recall seeing him at all Sunday night.

Re: Eli not confident in Manningham?

[quote user="TroyArcher"]I think he was thrown to maybe twice on Sunday.* I wonder if Eli is hesitant to throw his way due to the numerous mis-communications between them this year.* It is a nice luxury to have Manningham as the third receiver now.* Was Barden hurt?* I do not recall seeing him at all Sunday night.[/quote]Barden was a healthy inactive because he sux

Comment

Barden was a healthy scratch. He was terrible vs the Jets, on Twitter Barden said it was his worst game ever.

I'm sure Eli has more confidence in Nicks & Cruz, but he was looking for MM on what ended up being the deep ball to Cruz. As Eli said, the rush didn't allow him to throw MM's way though, luckily for us Cruz did his thing.

Comment

Barden was a healthy scratch for the game, inactive. Not a good sign. Manningham is gone after this season. Nicks and Cruz need to get paid. Ham has run bad routes and dropped quite a bit again this season. He is dangerous in open space, but the problem is getting him the ball.

Comment

what has manningham shown to eli for him to have that confidence in him?

Comment

[quote user="TroyArcher"]I think he was thrown to maybe twice on Sunday. I wonder if Eli is hesitant to throw his way due to the numerous mis-communications between them this year. It is a nice luxury to have Manningham as the third receiver now. Was Barden hurt? I do not recall seeing him at all Sunday night.[/quote]

i think its a combination of things with Rio! hes often injured therefore doesnt get the necessary time with Eli.

he may not be as committed to being on the same page with Eli.

it is good to have someone with his talent as a #3 but he is falling fast!

i dont expect the Giants to offer a ton of money to him during the off season.

sigpic

Comment

When you have Nicks, Cruz and a healthy Ballard, you can get a lot done. I have to say Hynoski and Pascoe stepped up as well on Sunday night.

Comment

Teams want quickness, explosive playmakers at WR now. The tall slow no separation guys are a relic.

Comment

I'd rather have D Thomas on the field than Barden. Maybe even Manningham.
                  “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

[quote user="Mod_C"]When you have Nicks, Cruz and a healthy Ballard, you can get a lot done.* I have to say Hynoski and Pascoe stepped up as well on Sunday night.
                    [/quote]

Hynoski asctually gets positive yardage on the Hedge**** play (so much so that they ran it more then once in a game for the first time ever).

Pascoe has always played well for us ... I could see him stealing the job from Ballard.
                    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Only thing I didn't like from MM in Sunday's game was the fact that he didn't even move when Eli decided to scramble, he just stood there. Despite that I think Eli is simply throwing to Nicks and Cruz because they have been making a lot of plays.

Comment

[quote user="RoanokeFan"]I'd rather have D Thomas on the field than Barden.* Maybe even Manningham.
                        [/quote]

I'm not a Thomas fan, but Barden is awful and Manningham is mediocre at best.

I'd love to see them re-sign Smith to take that third receiver spot (or if not him, a real burner).
                        I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

I wouldnt mind seeing Smitty come back next year.

Comment

[quote user="BigBlue1971"]

[quote user="TroyArcher"]I think he was thrown to maybe twice on Sunday. I wonder if Eli is hesitant to throw his way due to the numerous mis-communications between them this year. It is a nice luxury to have Manningham as the third receiver now. Was Barden hurt? I do not recall seeing him at all Sunday night.[/quote]

i think its a combination of things with Rio! hes often injured therefore doesnt get the necessary time with Eli.

he may not be as committed to being on the same page with Eli.

it is good to have someone with his talent as a #3 but he is falling fast!

i dont expect the Giants to offer a ton of money to him during the off season.

[/quote]

Totally agree. Sunday night it appeared to me that MM could not get in and out of his routes and that his knee was clearly affecting his play.

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Teams want quickness, explosive playmakers at WR now. The tall slow no separation guys are a relic.[/quote]

When were slow guys who get no separation a hot commodity in the NFL?

Comment

Working...
                              X