Eli and Sanchez comparison

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eli and Sanchez comparison

Interesting topic on Miked-Up this afternoon was about the affect receivers like Plax and Santonio have had on a young Mark Sanchez.

Jet fans are stating that they are seeing different QB. One that has lost confidence. I read recently that Sanchez "ordered" a QB and receiver meeting this past week and Holmes was a no-show.

I can't help but think that Eli went through the same exact thing with Tiki, Shockey, Plax and to a lesser degree probably Amani.

It's just goes to show how important team chemistry or unity is.

All in.

Re: Eli and Sanchez comparison

Santonio is a thug. I hear Plax was a great teammate though.

The idea that Plax is an issue with that teams chemistry is just asinine, not that I think you are implying that. Sanchez just flat out sucked this year.
    My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

[quote user="Roosevelt"]Interesting topic on Miked-Up this afternoon was about the affect receivers like Plax and Santonio have had on a young Mark Sanchez.

Jet fans are stating that they are seeing different QB.* One that has lost confidence.* I read recently that Sanchez "ordered" a QB and receiver meeting this past week and Holmes was a no-show.

I can't help but think that Eli went through the same exact thing with Tiki, Shockey, Plax and to a lesser degree probably Amani.*

All in.

[/quote]And how mentally tough Eli was, and still persevered through all that. Not sure Toomer was an issue, except when they initially got Plax, since he was not happy (understandably), becoming a number 2 wr, but he never took it out on the team or Eli as far as i can remember.
      Peace,
      DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

Comment

[quote user="Roosevelt"]Interesting topic on Miked-Up this afternoon was about the affect receivers like Plax and Santonio have had on a young Mark Sanchez.

Jet fans are stating that they are seeing different QB.* One that has lost confidence.* I read recently that Sanchez "ordered" a QB and receiver meeting this past week and Holmes was a no-show.

I can't help but think that Eli went through the same exact thing with Tiki, Shockey, Plax and to a lesser degree probably Amani.*

All in.

[/quote]

agree. i was thinking that holmes teaming up with plex would really mess with that teams psyche.
        and then u got rex saying "for whatever reason, we didnt play as a team but as individuals." and I couldnt help but think that with Plex getting out of jail and all this talk about if he could or couldnt play at a high level that his number one goal was to have a great individual year, and then a good year as a team.
        and when players start thinking in that order, u have a recipe for the disaster that was the ny jets.

Comment

[quote user="gmen0820"]Santonio is a thug. I hear Plax was a great teammate though.

The idea that Plax is an issue with that teams chemistry is just asinine, not that I think you are implying that. Sanchez just flat out sucked this year.[/quote]

i summed it up watching Holmes on the bench after he got benched and plax was sitting next to him and seemed to be telling him that he couldn't be doing **** like that.

I turned and said that you know your teams in trouble when Plax is the cooler head in the situation
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

Jet fans are stating that they are seeing different QB. One that has lost confidence. I read recently that Sanchez "ordered" a QB and receiver meeting this past week and Holmes was a no-show.

I can't help but think that Eli went through the same exact thing with Tiki, Shockey, Plax and to a lesser degree probably Amani.

All in.

[/quote]

yeah Sanchez is taking the heat but he really wants to be better and he seems like a true team guy. Holmes is a **** and wouldnt have been a positve force at the meeting nayway I bet.

Eli did go through his stuff with the Gianst but he stayed the course and kept his focus.

Its been good to see on the side lines the offenseive players congratualting the defensive players and vice versa. Even saw Nick giving props to Martin after his huge STs hit. I'm sure that goes on more than we see as fans but they very rarely show it on TV....

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
            You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

[quote user="gmen0820"]Santonio is a thug. I hear Plax was a great teammate though.

The idea that Plax is an issue with that teams chemistry is just asinine, not that I think you are implying that. Sanchez just flat out sucked this year.[/quote]

I think Plax was a good soldier.

I think the point was that Plax was playing for a new contract so Mark felt pressure to get him the ball.

Comment

[quote user="DragonSoul"][quote user="Roosevelt"]Interesting topic on Miked-Up this afternoon was about the affect receivers like Plax and Santonio have had on a young Mark Sanchez.

All in.

[/quote]And how mentally tough Eli was, and still persevered through all that. Not sure Toomer was an issue, except when they initially got Plax, since he was not happy (understandably), becoming a number 2 wr, but he never took it out on the team or Eli as far as i can remember.[/quote]

I don't think Amani did anything either. I just think his veteran presence could put pressure on a young kid.

Comment

[quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="Roosevelt"]Interesting topic on Miked-Up this afternoon was about the affect receivers like Plax and Santonio have had on a young Mark Sanchez.

All in.

[/quote]

agree. i was thinking that holmes teaming up with plex would really mess with that teams psyche.
                  and then u got rex saying "for whatever reason, we didnt play as a team but as individuals." and I couldnt help but think that with Plex getting out of jail and all this talk about if he could or couldnt play at a high level that his number one goal was to have a great individual year, and then a good year as a team.
                  and when players start thinking in that order, u have a recipe for the disaster that was the ny jets.[/quote]

I never heard that about Plax. Obviously a leopard doesn't change his spots.

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="gmen0820"]Santonio is a thug. I hear Plax was a great teammate though.

i summed it up watching Holmes on the bench after he got benched and plax was sitting next to him and seemed to be telling him that he couldn't be doing **** like that.

I turned and said that you know your teams in trouble when Plax is the cooler head in the situation
                    [/quote]

lol. That is messed up.

Comment

the comparison of the two qbs is that one is good and the other one is not...at all...hes actual horrible

Comment

[quote user="GameTime"]

All in.

[/quote]

yeah Sanchez is taking the heat but he really wants to be better and he seems like a true team guy. Holmes is a **** and wouldnt have been a positve force at the meeting nayway I bet.

Eli did go through his stuff with the Gianst but he stayed the course and kept his focus.

Its been good to see on the side lines the offenseive players congratualting the defensive players and vice versa. Even saw Nick giving props to Martin after his huge STs hit. I'm sure that goes on more than we see as fans but they very rarely show it on TV....

[/quote]

Well now that you mention that, I did read a Dallas fan complaining about how the Cowboys were dead on the sideline, while we were all pumped up doing the things you're talking about.

It may sound silly, but those towels seemed to make a difference.

Comment

[quote user="mattpl908"]the comparison of the two qbs is that one is good and the other one is not...at all...hes actual horrible[/quote]

He hasn't been this bad. He regressed and the question is how much did his teammates have to do with it?

Comment

[quote user="Roosevelt"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="gmen0820"]Santonio is a thug. I hear Plax was a great teammate though.

[/quote]

lol. That is messed up.
                            [/quote]

I mean i was kidding but I wasn't

when Plax is calming somebody down whose acting irrational that should of set bells and whistles off in Santonio's head
                            https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

he cant take the pressure...i dont think he belongs in the ny market playing football

Comment

Working...
                              X