Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do the young guys play in the playoffs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do the young guys play in the playoffs?

we have great talent, but a lot of these guys are young, and have never played in a playoff game yet.

how do u guys think players like nicks, cruz, jpp do? these guys are huge parts of our team on both sides of the ball.

u think they'll be nervous or let the moment get to them?

im glad we got good leadership vets on both o and d to help keep them focused.

Re: How do the young guys play in the playoffs?

although i will say that in our biggest reg. season games the past couple years all three have shown up and played well. cruz especially.

Comment

cruz? he'll cruz right on through...jpp wont have a problem neither will nicks..we should focus on the whole team rather those three.. they know whats in front of them and they should come prepared to play their best

Comment

the team has been throwing around the term "battle tested" this week

and there is some truth to it......these past two games were basically playoffs

I think this team is going into this week more confident then they have been all season

in my opinion that makes them dangerous

our young guys are some of our best players....I think they will be just fine

Comment

They all have one home playoff game under their belts. Make no mistake, that was a playoff game the other day against Dallas. That was the biggest game thus far in the new GIANTS Stadium. They were ready. Going forward, they'll draw on the experience of some of the vets who were here in '07. They'll be fine.

GO JAI-YANTS!!

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if we see someone like Nicks take bigger steps in the playoffs when Cruz gets more looks due to his awesome season.

Hynoski is another sleeper I have for playing well throughout the playoffs giving us vital blocks in the run game and being a passing option for short yardage.

Comment

There going to play GREAT!

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"]the team has been throwing around the term "battle tested" this week

I think this team is going into this week more confident then they have been all season

our young guys are some of our best players....I think they will be just fine[/quote]

Add in the games at New England and Dallas and the Green Bay at home and they will be fine.

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"]the team has been throwing around the term "battle tested" this week and there is some truth to it......these past two games were basically playoffs I think this team is going into this week more confident then they have been all season in my opinion that makes them dangerous our young guys are some of our best players....I think they will be just fine[/quote]If Ballard is back, remember he was part of our big wins on the road in New England and Dallas. Cruz seems unfazed by it all as does JPP. Having Eli on O and Tuck on Dwill serve as a steadying influence. I love how this is all setting up.
                  No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

[quote user="TheEnigma"]I wouldn't be surprised if we see someone like Nicks take bigger steps in the playoffs when Cruz gets more looks due to his awesome season.

Hynoski is another sleeper I have for playing well throughout the playoffs giving us vital blocks in the run game and being a passing option for short yardage.[/quote]

i agree with pretty much everything said, especially YA's post about battle tested. thats one thing we could be thankful for when that brutal stretch came vs the best teams in the league.

this team KNOWS they can match up and give GB, NE, SF a serious game and could win if they execute a little bit better. That game vs NO if we see them will be motivational for them to really show their true colors.

I keep on thinking to that resiliency pre superbowl montage they had. this team is def. battle tested.

and enigma, SICKEST SIG EVER I LAUGHED SO LOUD TO THAT. hahaha awesome job with that man.

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"]the team has been throwing around the term "battle tested" this week and there is some truth to it......these past two games were basically playoffs I think this team is going into this week more confident then they have been all season in my opinion that makes them dangerous our young guys are some of our best players....I think they will be just fine[/quote] I getting the same feeling like its building...I sure hope so!! go Giants !

Comment

[quote user="Skittish_Eli"]How does Eli the vet play at home during the playoffs?
                        [/quote]Not like your username that's for sure

Comment

[quote user="giantsfan420"]we have great talent, but a lot of these guys are young, and have never played in a playoff game yet.

how do u guys think players like nicks, cruz, jpp do? these guys are huge parts of our team on both sides of the ball.

u think they'll be nervous or let the moment get to them?

im glad we got good leadership vets on both o and d to help keep them focused.[/quote]

i think the good thing for us is that all three seem to love being in the moment
                          https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

[quote user="YATittle1962"]the team has been throwing around the term "battle tested" this week

our young guys are some of our best players....I think they will be just fine[/quote]
                            This
                            Football has been very, very good to us.
                            After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                            But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                            2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                            3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                            4-New York Giants!!!
                            5-NE
                            Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Agreed
                              Football has been very, very good to us.
                              After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                              But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                              2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                              3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                              4-New York Giants!!!
                              5-NE
                              Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Working...
                              X