Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After watching some Julio Jones highlights

who's gonna cover him????

The kid is a flat out beast! Physical as hell, tall, and a fast mofo to boot...

If Webby's on Roddy then that means...gulp...Ross is gonna be on Jones I'm assuming?

AARON ROSS???

Should I pray?

Re: After watching some Julio Jones highlights

I mentioned this in another thread. That is a scary match-up to think about we may need to double him at certain times.

Man I really miss T2

Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

Comment

[quote user="GiantWarfare"]Should I pray?[/quote]

Wouldn't hurt.
      "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

We'll have to double him probably.

That said, it'll be like a minor version of Megatron. Put two guys on him and get on your knees and pray the QB sucks at throwing that day.

Comment

Ross I bet, unfortunately

Comment

[quote user="GiantWarfare"]who's gonna cover him???? The kid is a flat out beast! Physical as hell, tall, and a fast mofo to boot... If Webby's on Roddy then that means...gulp...Ross is gonna be on Jones I'm assuming? AARON ROSS??? Should I pray?[/quote]

Oh we are in trouble there, trust me. I watched him in person all 4 years of his HighSchool Career when he played at Foley, Alabama. He was a rival school to where my kids went. He was a MAN among boys.

I also watched him like everyone else while he was at Bama where he won a NC Title with the Crimson Tide. It was nice cheering for a team that had him on it with his BIG PLAY Breakaway ability. Now its back to routing against him which usually doesnt go so well.
            The kid didnt have a whole lot of smarts while in HS couldnt speak a full sentence but may have made up for it in college, i dont know.

However you are right, he will be a matchup NIGHTMARE for us

Football has been very, very good to us.
            After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
            But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
            2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
            3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
            4-New York Giants!!!
            5-NE
            Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

[quote user="miked1958"]

[quote user="GiantWarfare"]who's gonna cover him???? The kid is a flat out beast! Physical as hell, tall, and a fast mofo to boot... If Webby's on Roddy then that means...gulp...Ross is gonna be on Jones I'm assuming? AARON ROSS??? Should I pray?[/quote]

Oh we are in trouble there, trust me. I watched him in person all 4 years of his HighSchool Career when he played at Foley, Alabama. He was a rival school to where my kids went. He was a MAN among boys.

I also watched him like everyone else while he was at Bama where he won a NC Title with the Crimson Tide. It was nice cheering for a team that had him on it with his BIG PLAY Breakaway ability. Now its back to routing against him which usually doesnt go so well.
              The kid didnt have a whole lot of smarts while in HS couldnt speak a full sentence but may have made up for it in college, i dont know.

[/quote]

oh boy...Ross better eat his wheaties...

but then again, its all gonna come down to our pass rush...if we can get to Ryan early and often, then that should negate Jones' impact...

still...its scary to think about.

Comment

One thing Mayock said that's a good strategy against Megatron (and we could use it here) is to disguise the coverage so that Matty Ice doesn't think that Julio will be an adequate option. Have him look to Roddy and his other WR's instead.

Comment

[quote user="GiantWarfare"]who's gonna cover him????

The kid is a flat out beast! Physical as hell, tall, and a fast mofo to boot...

If Webby's on Roddy then that means...gulp...Ross is gonna be on Jones I'm assuming?

AARON ROSS???

Should I pray?[/quote]Thats the biggest thing that scares the crap out of me about the Falcons

We NEED to attack Ryan hard n fast
                  Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

JPP TUCK OSI CANTY

Comment

[quote user="GiantWarfare"][quote user="miked1958"]

[/quote] oh boy...Ross better eat his wheaties... but then again, its all gonna come down to our pass rush...if we can get to Ryan early and often, then that should negate Jones' impact... still...its scary to think about.[/quote]

yep saw alot of his HS and some College Games up close and personal and the kid is Scary. I was actually hoping the Gmen would draft him after seeing him down here for so long and in Senior Bowl. We have passed over alot of great talent over the years cause alot of the times we draft for position which is a good thing but sometimes u should go for best on the board regardless of needs.

we could have had Mark Ingram which is Starring for the Saints this season and we passed over him for Prince. I dont know exactly where Julio went but i think he was picked up well before we came on the clock.

Football has been very, very good to us.
                      After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                      But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                      2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                      3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                      4-New York Giants!!!
                      5-NE
                      Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Yeah I think jamming him is the best strategy. The game plan should be the same one we used against New England.

I mean they have Welker and Gronkowski.

They have Jones and Gonzo.

The difference is it's Matt Ryan, not Tom Brady and they will be out in the windy cold Meadowlands with possibly rain. They know we're going to focus on Turner so I expect them to air it out early.

Ringing in the 2012 season!

Comment

[quote user="miked1958"][quote user="GiantWarfare"][quote user="miked1958"]

[/quote] oh boy...Ross better eat his wheaties... but then again, its all gonna come down to our pass rush...if we can get to Ryan early and often, then that should negate Jones' impact... still...its scary to think about.[/quote]

yep saw alot of his HS and some College Games up close and personal and the kid is Scary. I was actually hoping the Gmen would draft him after seeing him down here for so long and in Senior Bowl. We have passed over alot of great talent over the years cause alot of the times we draft for position which is a good thing but sometimes u should go for best on the board regardless of needs.

we could have had Mark Ingram which is Starring for the Saints this season and we passed over him for Prince. I dont know exactly where Julio went but i think he was picked up well before we came on the clock.

[/quote]

Falcons traded their life insurances and mortgages for him at the 6th pick...lol...

At the time everyone laughed at the stupidity of trading up so high for a WR when they had much more pressing needs at the time but its sure paying off now...

Comment

[quote user="Denaliman316"]Yeah I think jamming him is the best strategy. The game plan should be the same one we used against New England.

I mean they have Welker and Gronkowski.

They have Jones and Gonzo.

The difference is it's Matt Ryan, not Tom Brady and they will be out in the windy cold Meadowlands with possibly rain. They know we're going to focus on Turner so I expect them to air it out early.[/quote]

A huge difference is Wes Welker and Julio Jones and the physicality of Jones. No problem jamming little baby Welker, but Julio Jones is a freak specimen of size and speed.

All about that pass rush baby!

Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

Comment

[quote user="BrianK"]JPP TUCK OSI CANTY[/quote]

this.

also, and i know this isnt probable, but maybe just maybe Prince has a helluva week practicing and he gets his shot to match up on Jones 1 v 1.

for all this talk of who we double and who covers who...i honestly think we wont double as much, run zones, and keep both safeties back on passing downs shadowing both guys.

guy to watch out for then is Gonzo. Boley needs to have a big game.

Call me crazy, and i know jones/white are very talented, but i dont think its anything we cant handle. i prefer when its two great wr's opposed to 4 or 5 good wr's like GB.

we know its going to go to 3 players, Jones, White, Gonzo. I expect a lot of zone coverages, and on man, we'll have our zones bracket both and hope boley can keep up with gonzo, which i think athletically he can.

Comment

Working...
                              X