Giants' offense way too conventional and predictable

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drgordon126 View Post
    Firstly, I really don't care about developing any "street cred" with all the bloggers on this site sitting in their underpants in their parents' basement. Secondly, because I didn't take into account that Gilbride did something unexpected in one play of one game three years ago doesn't mean I'm "unaware of the facts." It might mean that I'm taking into account that an isolated incident of good judgment doesn't make an offensive coordinator "good" or unpredictable or worthy of not being discarded.
    Thirdly, just calling my points "blather" doesn't actually disprove them.
    Fourthly, you can't help me? aww shucks.
    Fifthly, neener neener.
    LOL, this isn't a blog, it is a message board... we don't blog here we post.

While I am not a huge KG fan, you points are a bit off. The offense has struggled all season, especially when they try to go for the big plays or get cute. They haven't racked up a lot of points the last 3 weeks, but they have dramatically cut down on the turnovers, that is the first step to getting this offense moving in the right direction. Now that the running game has a little credibility, maybe they can open up the passes to Cruz and Nicks and start playing offense like we know they can...
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Comment

Firstly, I really don't care about developing any "street cred" with all the bloggers on this site sitting in their underpants in their parents' basement. Secondly, because I didn't take into account that Gilbride did something unexpected in one play of one game three years ago doesn't mean I'm "unaware of the facts." It might mean that I'm taking into account that an isolated incident of good judgment doesn't make an offensive coordinator "good" or unpredictable or worthy of not being discarded.
      Fifthly, neener neener.

Bloggers? Lol

Comment

Fifthly, neener neener.
        You are quickly removing yourself from the circle of trust. We already have our quota of "fire them" threads for this month.

I'm guessing you are one of those within the quota, but thought you'd try again under a new username. Welcome to the Message Boards, we don't blog.
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Yawn.

Comment

I think predictable message board threads filled with the same tired, illogical, nonsensical crap are much worse than predictable play calling.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwinsballgames View Post
              I think predictable message board threads filled with the same tired, illogical, nonsensical crap are much worse than predictable play calling.
              This is about Giants Football so there are not that many things to talk about. A lot of topics in the world are not about football.

Comment

Originally posted by Diamondring View Post
                This is about Giants Football so there are not that many things to talk about. A lot of topics in the world are not about football.
                silly me, I thought this was a cooking website. no wonder there are so few recipes. But seriously, I get that there are a limited number of things to discuss. What I don't get is why people spew forth the same old tired arguments that have been disproven time and time again ad nauseam.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwinsballgames View Post
                  silly me, I thought this was a cooking website. no wonder there are so few recipes. But seriously, I get that there are a limited number of things to discuss. What I don't get is why people spew forth the same old tired arguments that have been disproven time and time again ad nauseam.

Probably because its mostly Giants related. Usually on a giatnts forum there will be alot of things on the Giants, especially things already discussed.

Comment

This is an awful post. GB and NE are both top 10 running teams this season. NE's running game is performing exponentially better then their passing game.

TC is a good coach.

I agree the KG system has it's question marks though.
                    Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

I really wouldn't care if they ran the same play all game long if it picked up 5 yards a clip and they scored on every possession, what I hate it the deep ball before they establish FG range and then putting them in 3rd and long, it might be boring but we need to keep adding to the W column.
                      Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Comment

Fifthly, neener neener.
                        I hope you get annoyed soon and fade away, you are already whining
                        Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Comment

Working...
                        X