Cullen Jenkins Could Be Giants' Fill In At DE For Jason Pierre-Paul

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by giantscolombia View Post
    Yes! I dont know if it's because of TC's old school mentality or what. It bothers me. The dude shows promise, i mean he has blocked two punts... and is athletic
    What does blocking punts have to do with playing DE?? Fewell says Moore will play on passing situations. He obviously hasn't proved himself against the run in practice.

Jeez, this board killed Osi for almost a decade for his ability against the run. Now we have a kid who the coaches say will play on passing situations and that not good enough for people. If they thought he could handle the full time job he would be out there. It's not a "rookie red shirt" thing..

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
      He has no desire to play any rookies really... Bradshaw didn't get any actual true chances until about week 14 or so (and promptly exploded week 15 against the bills)

The rookie redshirt program is honestly not a good idea in today's league, with how long careers last nowadays and free agency making getting production out of rookie deals crucial.
      I agree with this. Why wouldn't you want to find out what you have in a guy right away? A game situation is the only true way to tell if a guy is going to be a gamer or just another practice squad bum. Also young rookies can infuse energy and emotion into a team. They are hungry and want to win and not just playing for a paycheck like maybe some of the older vets. TC needs to to re-evaluate his policy of not playing rookies...

In basketball a player will leave college after his freshman year and be starting for an NBA team the following season.

Comment

Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
        What does blocking punts have to do with playing DE?? Fewell says Moore will play on passing situations. He obviously hasn't proved himself against the run in practice.

Jeez, this board killed Osi for almost a decade for his ability against the run. Now we have a kid who the coaches say will play on passing situations and that not good enough for people. If they thought he could handle the full time job he would be out there. It's not a "rookie red shirt" thing..
        Wonder how Osi is enjoying himself on the Falcons this year?? Seeing that there Season is OVER and they were projected to be a possible SB team. With Carolina and the Saints way ahead of 2 win Atlanta there is no way they make any comeback in that Division. At least if he was still on the Giants even though we only have one more win then them he would still be alive for the playoffs...

As far as Moore. I agree with that assessment of him maybe not being ready against run. However I would just put him in for a series and turn him loose. Cant learn unless your out there for some downs.
        Football has been very, very good to us.
        After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
        But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
        2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
        3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
        4-New York Giants!!!
        5-NE
        Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

I called Moore being a good player right when they drafted him, I remember texting my good buddy who is a huge NY Giants fan like me and telling him D Moore is going to be a great player.

Im not saying he will turn out great, but hes shown flashes at least see what he can do!! Jeez TC

Comment

Originally posted by BBlue4ever View Post
            I called Moore being a good player right when they drafted him, I remember texting my good buddy who is a huge NY Giants fan like me and telling him D Moore is going to be a great player.

Im not saying he will turn out great, but hes shown flashes at least see what he can do!! Jeez TC
            It seems he has a Knack for getting through blockers. He has already done it twice on STs getting to the punter for blocks. That IMO is harder then getting to a QB which isn't nearly as far back as a punter. Now granted, QBs are better scramblers when pressured but Moore seems gifted enough to be able to track down most QBs for some DAMONSTER SACKS... TURN HIM LOOSE
            After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back

4-New York Giants!!!
            5-NE

Comment

Moore will get his share of snaps this Sunday......
              he will be in the game at DE
              "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
              You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

I agree they're trying to bring him along slow and worried about him stopping the run on early downs. We've been very good against the run this year. No reason to mess that up. He'll get his chance.
                "Team sports are a different animal. They tap into deep seeded tribal instincts. Our team vs your team used to be our tribe vs your tribe. Winner takes all – land, plunder, women. You inherently care when you are aligned with a tribe/team. The players are interchangeable but team always stays the same." - JOESONDO from UG forum

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                  Wonder how Osi is enjoying himself on the Falcons this year?? Seeing that there Season is OVER and they were projected to be a possible SB team. With Carolina and the Saints way ahead of 2 win Atlanta there is no way they make any comeback in that Division. At least if he was still on the Giants even though we only have one more win then them he would still be alive for the playoffs...

As far as Moore. I agree with that assessment of him maybe not being ready against run. However I would just put him in for a series and turn him loose. Cant learn unless your out there for some downs.
                  Ok, I don't know what Atlanta's record this year has to do with the conversation about our DE situation. JR didn't want Osi here, so none of that matters.. I just brought up Osi to remind people that we've seen what happens when you have a DE that doesn't contain the run well.

With a third string QB this week, GB will look to establish and maintain the run more than ever. Now is not the time to experiment with a rookie DE, except for obvious passing situations.

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                    Moore will get his share of snaps this Sunday......
                    he will be in the game at DE

I agree. Moore appears to be a genuine disruptor. hes got a motor and its always at full speed.
                    sigpic

Comment

Ok, I don't know what Atlanta's record this year has to do with the conversation about our DE situation. JR didn't want Osi here, so none of that matters.. I just brought up Osi to remind people that we've seen what happens when you have a DE that doesn't contain the run well.

With a third string QB this week, GB will look to establish and maintain the run more than ever. Now is not the time to experiment with a rookie DE, except for obvious passing situations.
                      It was off topic I know. But couldn't resist when I saw you mention his name. They have 2 wins. Lol. Anyway we are far better off against the run without Osi.. However I so miss his strip sacks.

Completely agree that we don't need a rookie messing up what has been working vs the run

4-New York Giants!!!
                      5-NE

Comment

The Quicker Damontre Moore makes a huge play on Defense, the quicker he'll be in the rotation for good. Thats what it takes from Coughlin. Somehow he dosen't see the natural pass rush skills and motor from D.Moore that the rest of the world sees. He needs to be in the rotation regardless of whos healthy or not. Hes a young playmaker, which is where we lack playmakers. We need a young stud causing havoc along the edge.

Comment

Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                          The Quicker Damontre Moore makes a huge play on Defense, the quicker he'll be in the rotation for good. Thats what it takes from Coughlin. Somehow he dosen't see the natural pass rush skills and motor from D.Moore that the rest of the world sees. He needs to be in the rotation regardless of whos healthy or not. Hes a young playmaker, which is where we lack playmakers. We need a young stud causing havoc along the edge.
                          That's not what has been holding him back, he's been recovering from a deep shoulder bruise.
                          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                            In the article, the DC says that he will play on passing downs but not running situations. What does that tell you?

You talk about what the "world" sees that TC doesn't see. But do you know what TC sees that the "world" doesn't see? PRACTICE!!!

Comment

In the article, the DC says that he will play on passing downs but not running situations. What does that tell you?

You talk about what the "world" sees that TC doesn't see. But do you know what TC sees that the "world" doesn't see? PRACTICE!!!
                              Agreed. its just another case of someone thinking they know more than the coach

Comment

Nice to have a DT like Jenkins that has varied abilities but I'm waiting to see if Moore has what it spot!. Go Giants

Comment

Working...
                                X