This shows the stupidity of Warren Sapp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This shows the stupidity of Warren Sapp

I'm not upset that he and the other person next to him picked against the Giants, I'm still puzzled over the reason why they picked against the Giants. They made it sound as if we cannot score points against the Falcons defense, which actually is no better than ours stat wise. If this turns into a shootout, we can still walk away with a W. I honestly believe we are going to light them up.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/atlanta-fa...opple-New-York

http://www.nfl.com/videos/atlanta-fa...opple-New-York

Re: This shows the stupidity of Warren Sapp

Sapp is a cheap shot artist. Not interested in his opinion in the slightest.

Comment

I do not think that the stupidity of Sapp needs to be demonstrated...he ranks right there with Shannon Sharpe and Irving
      "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Comment

As far as where defenses are ranked the Falcons are 12 and the Giants are 27. That is based on yards per game and yards can sometimes not tell the entire story. Anyway, the difference between 12 and 27 is 42.8 yards per game.

Now the Falcons defense has allowed 50 points less than the Giants defense, but that is not much better divided by 16 games. I don't know how many TD's where scored on the Falcons when their offense turned it over but I do know 21 points that where scored on the Giants where interceptions ran back for TD's.

Comment

The Falcons D is the same as the Giants D, stats-wise? What stats are you looking at, Sacks? LOL!

Total Defense
          Atlanta - 12th
          NY - 27th

Run Defense
          Atlanta - 6th
          NY - 19th

Pass Defense
          Atlanta - 20th (admittedly, this ranking is embarrassing, yet still better than the Giants)
          NY - 29th

Total points scored against Defense
          Atlanta - 348
          NY - 400

Total Yards against Defense
          Atlanta - 333.6
          NY - 376.4

Sacks
          Atlanta - 33
          NY - 48

Comment

Yeah, so what makes the Falcons defense ranked 15 spots higher than the Giants is 42.8 yards a game and just about 3 points more a game. Not that much separating the two.

Comment

[quote user="SoCalFalcon"]The Falcons D is the same as the Giants D, stats-wise? What stats are you looking at, Sacks? LOL!

Total Defense
              Atlanta - 12th
              NY - 27th

Run Defense
              Atlanta - 6th
              NY - 19th

Pass Defense
              Atlanta - 20th (admittedly, this ranking is embarrassing, yet still better than the Giants)
              NY - 29th

Atlanta - 348
              NY - 400

Atlanta - 333.6
              NY - 376.4

Sacks
              Atlanta - 33
              NY - 48
              [/quote]

And they played the saints twice this year. Imagine what our stats would look like if we played the saints twice. Awful.

I really don't see any reason why the giants can't shutdown the falcons though.

Comment

[quote user="greenca190"][quote user="SoCalFalcon"]The Falcons D is the same as the Giants D, stats-wise? What stats are you looking at, Sacks? LOL!

Total Defense
                Atlanta - 12th
                NY - 27th

Run Defense
                Atlanta - 6th
                NY - 19th

Pass Defense
                NY - 29th

Atlanta - 348
                NY - 400

Atlanta - 333.6
                NY - 376.4

Sacks
                Atlanta - 33
                NY - 48
                [/quote]

And they played the saints twice this year. Imagine what our stats would look like if we played the saints twice. Awful.

I really don't see any reason why the giants can't shutdown the falcons though.[/quote]

the game in Atlanta the Falcons should have won that game

Comment

Actually the Giants played the top 4 offenses in the league this year including the 4 team twice.

Comment

[quote user="buddy33"]Actually the Giants played the top 4 offenses in the league this year including the 4 team twice.[/quote]

No ****. Name them. Was Philly really ranked that high?

Comment

And the Falcons played the Saints twice, the Packers, and the Lions. And you can discount the Panthers if you want, but Cam Newton was on fire this season, and they played them twice, too.

Comment

lol. u need to look at who the falcons played this season compared to who we played.

yeah the played the saints twice this year, lost both badly.

we played the saints once too and lost badly as well.

but compare the other games. the falcons beat ONE team above .500 and i think it was a scrub team anyways.

our record was 10x harder than theirs.

im not worried at all about sunday to be honest. we're going to woop them in all honesty. turner is the kind of rb that our defense does best against, we struggle against the elusive cut back finesse runners.

turners going to be a big target and we usually gang tackle. thats why the finesse runners kill us, we couldnt get one guy wrapping him up for the others to come in. turner that wont be an issue, one guy gets contact on him, regardless of he tackles him or not, and then the rest of the guys come flying in.

the falcons should be more worried about our dline making the somewhat immobile matt ryan eat dirt 7x this game and hit and pressured 15x. there passing game is gonna be shot, and there run game aint gonna outscore eli and company.

giants by a few scores.

Comment

That game was so frustrating! Ugh! Looking forward to Sunday. Should be a great game.

Comment

Here's how I see it....

While the Falcons do have a better overall defense in regards to stopping the run and a slight edge for their secondary, we haven't got to see too much of the Giants defense when they have all of their front four guys in actions. The few times we saw that was the Patriots game and then this last Cowboys game. We did pretty damn good. The strength of our team will always be in that D-line and as long as they stay healthy throughout the game, our D has a chance to play better than the Falcon's D.

With that said, I do feel people are writing the Falcons off way too easily. Please recall that last year they got beat down by the Packers in a game they probably didn't take as seriously as they should. You can bet they will be more determined this time around and aren't going to fool around. It's going to be a close game by a FG or a TD.

Comment

dont forget, atlanta runs a lot of 5 and 7 step drop backs, and ryan has an elongated delivery. that arm is gonna be exposed big time for osi jpp kiwi and tuck.

im predicting one lost fumble and one int for our defense.

Comment

Working...
                              X