Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manningham is still being missed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Manningham is still being missed

    I think people keep forgetting how key Manningham was for this team, especially stretching the field. Nicks and Cruz are posession wrs and people keep overlooking that. I think Manningham is still being missed and his ability to go vertical and open up the short - medium routes.

  • #2
    Mario is a bust since joining the 9ers.

    Comment


    • #3
      a lot of people on this board feel that Manningham was a flash and other than his last season didn't do much but he's showing now that he really is what we hoped when we drafted him, too bad he's gone...

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by JesseJames View Post
        a lot of people on this board feel that Manningham was a flash and other than his last season didn't do much but he's showing now that he really is what we hoped when we drafted him, too bad he's gone...
        Its called FA and Cap!
        Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by bigjeep View Post
          Its called FA and Cap!
          are you serious that the team chose to let Manningham go and it was OK to keep some of the underperforming slugs on the roster right now who haven't helped this at all and will most likely be released at the end of the season. So its my opinion that Manningham was worth keeping instead of some of the overpaid players who were kept...
          Last edited by JesseJames; 11-27-2013, 07:57 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Gimaniac View Post
            Mario is a bust since joining the 9ers.
            He's done fine considering their offense and the role he has in it. The only issue has been his health.

            Comment


            • #7
              anybody who has seen Mario play since he's back from his injury has to see that he's a quality WR who can help his team

              Comment


              • #8
                Manningham was average unless Hakeem was dominating....you can't keep him & all his mental mistakes, RR is our guy

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by JesseJames View Post
                  are you serious that the team chose to let Manningham go and it was OK to keep some of the underperforming slugs on the roster right now who haven't helped this at all and will most likely be released at the end of the season. So its my opinion that Manningham was worth keeping instead of some of the overpaid players who were kept...
                  The problem is Manningham's salary is probably more than all the WR's behind Cruz combined. Not to mention he has missed more games with injury than he has played since leaving.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Gimaniac View Post
                    Mario is a bust since joining the 9ers.
                    New offense plus the injury. Doesn't mean that would have happened had he stayed here.

                    "Double Nicks and Cruz, make Manningham beat us" (Belichick in super bowl).

                    MM came thru.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by moosedrool View Post
                      New offense plus the injury. Doesn't mean that would have happened had he stayed here.

                      "Double Nicks and Cruz, make Manningham beat us" (Belichick in super bowl).

                      MM came thru.
                      No doubt Manningham is missed but there is a salary cap and unfortunately championship teams lose players to other teams that will overpay for a position of need.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        How is Manningham missed? Randle is doing more than Manningham did at the same position.

                        Nicks' woes, or the #1 WR position are the issue here and Manningham never had that role.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
                          How is Manningham missed? Randle is doing more than Manningham did at the same position.

                          Nicks' woes, or the #1 WR position are the issue here and Manningham never had that role.
                          Absolutely, if Nicks played like he did a few years ago there would be no WR issues.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by experto View Post
                            I think people keep forgetting how key Manningham was for this team, especially stretching the field. Nicks and Cruz are posession wrs and people keep overlooking that. I think Manningham is still being missed and his ability to go vertical and open up the short - medium routes.
                            Not so much
                            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              manningham was just like randle. once randle finally grasps this offense he'll probably leave in FA.

                              amazing that it takes years to learn an offense... maybe it's time to change/simplify the offense a little? maybe?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X