• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom Coughlin is one of the BEST coaches in the NFL

Still not convinced?

Ask Michael Strahan.. Ask Antrel Rolle.

Those are just two very good examples.

Both of these players have changed their views & perception about our coach.

We are VERY fortunate to have coach Tom Coughlin leading our football team.
    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Re: Tom Coughlin is one of the BEST coaches in the NFL

More often then not, He gets us to the post season. A Parcells' disciple, a winner where ever He's been. Old school principles, bring present day victories.

Comment

[quote user="BlueBlitzer"]More often then not, He gets us to the post season. A Parcells' disciple, a winner where ever He's been. Old school principles, bring present day victories.[/quote]
      I never liked it when the players complained about him. Ineptitude is one thing, but they were always complaining about his rules. Early in Coughlin's tenure I was so sick of the players' attitudes that I would have been happy if 90% of the roster had been turned over. They brought in Coughlin BECAUSE of the perception of Fassell not having a good enough grip on the team.

Comment

[quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"]Still not convinced?

[/quote]i agree 100%

Comment

We haven't had a losing season in 7 years when's the last time that happened

Comment

Great coach, but he's gotta do something about his 2nd half record, late season collapses, and no-shows in big games.

[quote user="shotcalla39"]We haven't had a losing season in 7 years when's the last time that happened[/quote]

We haven't won a home playoff game in 11 years and I can tell you the last time that happened, January 12 2001.

I hope that changes this Sunday.
            8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"]Great coach, but he's gotta do something about his 2nd half record, late season collapses, and no-shows in big games.

[quote user="shotcalla39"]We haven't had a losing season in 7 years when's the last time that happened[/quote]

We haven't won a home playoff game in 11 years and I can tell you the last time that happened, January 12 2001.

I hope that changes this Sunday.
              [/quote]

imagine that.....is that like the 1000 time you have mentioned that same exact thing...lol. We all know the ins and outs of the Giants seasons and how they wind up.

All good....just busting you a bit.

I always though that every player wanted to play for Rex because he is such a great coach and runs a great locker room.....

hmmm....looks like TC out "rexed" Rex......

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
              You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

I was thinking that he has changed a lot since his days in Jax.

I heard back in '04 that he would make the guys enter the field single-file like a drill team when they came out to exercise.. 2 questions. 1) Did he really make them do that?...and 2) Do they still do it?

Comment

[quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"]Still not convinced?

[/quote]

He's a great X and O guy. Knows how to prepare. But I'm not sure if the players will lay it on the line for him. Treats his players like children (according to Ernie Accorsi)

Maybe the best thing to happen to this team was TC getting hurt on the sidelines and refusing treatment. It sounds strange but thats about the best motivation the players can get. The fact that he got hurt and won't even have it looked at.

"If this guy does that, then why aren't we giving everything we have"

Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

[quote user="nygfanmaybe"]I was thinking that he has changed a lot since his days in Jax. I heard back in '04 that he would make the guys enter the field single-file like a drill team when they came out to exercise.. 2 questions. 1) Did he really make them do that?...and 2) Do they still do it?[/quote]

Your wondering what he was like in 04, what the hell were you like in o4, have you changed at all or are you the same, or have you made changes in yourself to make your life and the peoples around them better, like the sig says,

Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Comment

[quote user="nygfanmaybe"]I was thinking that he has changed a lot since his days in Jax.

I heard back in '04 that he would make the guys enter the field single-file like a drill team when they came out to exercise.. 2 questions. 1) Did he really make them do that?...and 2) Do they still do it?[/quote]
                      yes, that first season or two, he had the team run out of the tunnel in formation. More like a military than single file, if memory serves.

Comment

[quote user="Joe Morrison"]

[quote user="nygfanmaybe"]I was thinking that he has changed a lot since his days in Jax. I heard back in '04 that he would make the guys enter the field single-file like a drill team when they came out to exercise.. 2 questions. 1) Did he really make them do that?...and 2) Do they still do it?[/quote]

Your wondering what he was like in 04, what the hell were you like in o4, have you changed at all or are you the same, or have you made changes in yourself to make your life and the peoples around them better, like the sig says,

[/quote]

Wow...who peed in your cornflakes? j/k

No...the reason I was asking was to use that as an example of how he has changed from being so regimented to a being a little more laid-back.

Comment

[quote user="fletch842"][quote user="nygfanmaybe"]I was thinking that he has changed a lot since his days in Jax.

I heard back in '04 that he would make the guys enter the field single-file like a drill team when they came out to exercise.. 2 questions. 1) Did he really make them do that?...and 2) Do they still do it?[/quote]
                          yes, that first season or two, he had the team run out of the tunnel in formation. More like a military than single file, if memory serves.[/quote]

The '07 season was when Coughlin really changed. He had to take a good long look at himself and pull back a bit without sacrificing the principals he subscribed to. Even when Strahan came back after holding out in training camp, he came back and Coughlin assigned a group of veterans to be leaders that year. He vowed to change his ways and everyone fell in line. They saw their coach could change which enabled them to take a look at themselves to shut up, stop the inside bickering and play like a team.. That was the most important factor.

I LOVE this guy. I'd much rather have an old curmudgeon of a coach who stresses discipline and focus than a loud-mouth braggart who mistakes arrogance for confidence

Comment

When we lost to the redskins game14, everyone thought he was gonna explode in the locker room. He very calmly told the team to shake it off, that if they win the next 2 games they are in the post season, and NFC east champs. He was asked why he didn't froth at the mouth, and his response was
                            "I know my team, and how they would respond". Now, that is a great head coach, beyond the X's and O's.
                            I miss Red Hook

Comment

And one of the best in Giants history!
                              sigpic"Remain in what you are, the center of your life
                              You made it to this point no one can tell you how..." Gojira-Vacuity

Comment

Working...
                              X