Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bodes well for us that Rolle is playing at a high level, we likely resign him

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    and i've been one of rolles biggest supporters even through the so called years he didnt live up to the billing (he was used as the nickel corner coincidentally). but these kinda situations always come back to bite us. he'll be another year older and we certainly wont give him a new contract like th eone he's under, so, maybe we cut him then resign him cheap.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by DandyDon View Post
      +1 to both posts.

      I particularly like the quote "Rolle makes what he should make when he is playing where he was signed to play." That is the truth.

      He's not a cornerback, and wasn't hired as a cornerback, but he plays as a linebacker/safety/corner whenever he is asked.

      You all complaining about his contract need to tell me who else would be adult in the Giants backfield the past few years?
      some people have no clue what a guy like Rolle dose for a team. For him to come in here and play wherever they ask him to and never complain about what they are having him play is huge for a football team and he gets a lot more respect form his team mates for doing it. It's one of the reasons he was picked as a capton.

      It's just huge for the team part of football alone and well worth what he makes

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
        and i've been one of rolles biggest supporters even through the so called years he didnt live up to the billing (he was used as the nickel corner coincidentally). but these kinda situations always come back to bite us. he'll be another year older and we certainly wont give him a new contract like th eone he's under, so, maybe we cut him then resign him cheap.
        What cut him for a guy that hasn't played in a year and a guy that can't stay off drugs

        I don't see us doing that. But then again the giants have done dumber things

        Comment


        • #19
          The only scenario I can see is a restructure, or possibly resigning for a multi year deal that drops his cap number from 7 mil to something reasonable...

          Comment


          • #20
            He makes what he's worth now. I don't see him taking much less.

            But I wouldn't mind him taking less to help the team

            Comment


            • #21
              Didn't you want him cut last off-season?

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                This is the first year I felt we got are moneys worth

                You guys are bugging. Rolle has been our most consistent DB since he got here. He earned every bit of his money considering the BS he's had to endure as far as bad defensive signings

                Comment


                • #23
                  Rolle should be getting $10 mill extension for 2 years if he makes it through next season.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                    Didn't you want him cut last off-season?
                    Everyone did, yes.

                    He's a terrible nickle corner and how we used him he wasn't very effective in pass coverage.
                    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      How strange is it that Rolle and Tuck are finally playing well when their contracts are almost up....same can't be said for Nicks unfortunately

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        If he still wants $8-9 million a year then I wish him the best in all his endeavors.
                        Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

                        http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by egyptian420 View Post
                          How strange is it that Rolle and Tuck are finally playing well when their contracts are almost up....same can't be said for Nicks unfortunately
                          Wouldn't you work harder if your next paycheck was on the line...it is not a coincidence.

                          I'd like to have them both back on 1 year deals next year due to their age. If we lose them to someone else's multiple year contract, well the joke is on them.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by CrunchBunch1982 View Post
                            Wouldn't you work harder if your next paycheck was on the line...it is not a coincidence.

                            I'd like to have them both back on 1 year deals next year due to their age. If we lose them to someone else's multiple year contract, well the joke is on them.
                            eh....it's hard for me to say. I'm fine with Tuck coming back but it has to be for cheap and he has to either play like last week or get less snaps which Moore will get.

                            As for Rolle, I hope/think he would take a paycut to come back to this team which he loves with every bit of his heart.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Rolle's a very good safety. He's just not good at playing the slot receiver when the rest of the Giants secondary gets injured. I like Rolle's play, and I like his leadership. I'd keep him.

                              If they bring him back, however, it better be at a contract that doesn't interfere with our rebuilding of the o-line because that comes first over everything this offseason.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by JJC7301 View Post
                                Rolle's a very good safety. He's just not good at playing the slot receiver when the rest of the Giants secondary gets injured. I like Rolle's play, and I like his leadership. I'd keep him.

                                If they bring him back, however, it better be at a contract that doesn't interfere with our rebuilding of the o-line because that comes first over everything this offseason.
                                +1...would love to have him back but not at the expense of this God-awful o-line. With Stevie Brown and Will Hill, it makes Rolle more dispensable for the sake of our o-line. I'd much rather have him come back for a good price though.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X