No announcement yet.

Bodes well for us that Rolle is playing at a high level, we likely resign him

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bodes well for us that Rolle is playing at a high level, we likely resign him

Which will give us a leg up on signing Beason

Rolle is playing at an MVP level this season... surprise surprise... he's finally playing his natural position, something he's never been able to do since the day we signed him due to injuries.

The only kink in the armor is that Rolle gets paid a lot of money so he probably won't take a pay cut... especially the season he's having.
    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

As long as he plays safety and not one on one coverage (i.e. slot corner), he is having a good year. But he isn't worth the salary he is making now. No way. You can't tie up that much money at safety when OL and pass rush DE is of much higher importance.

Comment

He's under contract for next year, but i don't see us keeping him after that

Comment

Originally posted by GiantFanatic55 View Post
        He's under contract for next year, but i don't see us keeping him after that
        I thought he was a FA 2014, my mistake.

Still don't see how we cut him, he's EVERYTHING to our defense.... his leadership alone makes him a keeper

Comment

Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
          Still don't see how we cut him, he's EVERYTHING to our defense.... his leadership alone makes him a keeper
          LOL. Rolle is not everything to our defense. He's not a ball hawk, and he is an awful one on one cover guy.

He is an above average safety being paid like a guy who gets 6+ INT's every year. And with the salary cap so important, he's a bad investment.

Comment

Originally posted by moosedrool View Post
            LOL. Rolle is not everything to our defense. He's not a ball hawk, and he is an awful one on one cover guy.

He is an above average safety being paid like a guy who gets 6+ INT's every year. And with the salary cap so important, he's a bad investment.
            but he is here and he may as well play.

Comment

This is the first year I felt we got are moneys worth

Comment

As long as he plays safety and not one on one coverage (i.e. slot corner), he is having a good year. But he isn't worth the salary he is making now. No way. You can't tie up that much money at safety when OL and pass rush DE is of much higher importance.
                Agreed. As good as he is playing now he is still getting over paid.
                Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post
                  Agreed. As good as he is playing now he is still getting over paid.
                  and how uncommon is that in the NFL??

Comment

I think he is over paid. As others mentioned he really struggles in coverage and at times reacts late to deep passes. When paired up with Webster they got killed. I think there are better and cheaper options out there. He has also taken some bone headed personal fouls penalties that have killed us.

Comment

I think he walks after the 2014 season, unless either Hill or Brown are gone somehow. Reese will give him a low offer (a la Phillips or Smith), but he will find someone else to overpay him.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Wrong.

He's the ONLY leader we have.
                        When he's able to play the FS position and not nickle corner he's a hell of a ball hawk.
                        Coincidence that he's able to play deep safety this season and he already has 5 INT's? I think not.

Comment

How well do you guys do when your asked to do a job that your not familiar with? Or a job that you were not hired to do?

Dose that mean you guys are over payed?

Rolle makes what he should make when he is playing where he was signed to play and of story

Comment

Originally posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
                            Wrong.

He's the ONLY leader we have.
                            When he's able to play the FS position and not nickle corner he's a hell of a ball hawk.
                            Coincidence that he's able to play deep safety this season and he already has 5 INT's? I think not.
                            Originally posted by domsgiants View Post
                            How well do you guys do when your asked to do a job that your not familiar with? Or a job that you were not hired to do?

Dose that mean you guys are over payed?

Rolle makes what he should make when he is playing where he was signed to play and of story
                            +1 to both posts.

I particularly like the quote "Rolle makes what he should make when he is playing where he was signed to play." That is the truth.

He's not a cornerback, and wasn't hired as a cornerback, but he plays as a linebacker/safety/corner whenever he is asked.

You all complaining about his contract need to tell me who else would be adult in the Giants backfield the past few years?

Comment

brown and hill would be my preferred starters next year. rolle would be cut, with a huge thanks to him. and it will be ironic bc we will have cut him after a year he actually played up to his salary. but the 3 safety set was really bc we didnt trust the MLB in coverage. we trust Beason and will next year i'd venture. which will cut down on the 3rd safety looks even further. taylor cooper, and maybe draft one mid rounds. then i'd take the money that was going to rolle, we can cut him and not have it hurt the books iirc altho i could be confusing him with another player, and get a legit young corner to go opposite prince, and one beast pass rusher.

that way, the rest of FA and the draft could be to the OL, a stud WR if one is needed pending Nicks, a stud TE...basically with a new OC, we could get new offensive players if we were able to take care of the D as mentioned.

Comment

Working...
                              X