Eli Manning: I canít remember why I didnít want to be a Charger

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BParcells777 View Post
    What are you babbling about....how could you possibly know any of that?
    Because I have eyes and a brain. If you weren't so busy annoying the living crap out of everyone maybe you would know that, too. Keep making a post per play though, I know you only do it because nobody in your house or personal life will listen to you anymore.
    Live and Die with the Giants

"I felt good today."
    -Eli Manning

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
      **** the chargers....
      Well tell us how you really feel

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
        We all know the answer was "cause Archie said so..." lol
        We have a correct answer!

Comment

Originally posted by egyptian420 View Post
          Well tell us how you really feel
          He already does that, unfortunately.
          Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
            He already does that, unfortunately.
            yeah...but I am always nice to you...

for now
            "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
            You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Eli is a good guy and has had some good years but he's such a doo-fus

Comment

Eli is a great student of history. He chose the Ronald Regan response.

Does seem like a pretty irrelevant topic with 10 years of water gone under the bridge. Other than a couple of low points I would say Eli's time with the NYG has been pretty well spent.
                sigpic

"For the rest of your life men, no one can tell you that you couldn't do it, because you did it." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

Originally posted by 45Jones View Post
                  Eli is a great student of history. He chose the Ronald Regan response.

Does seem like a pretty irrelevant topic with 10 years of water gone under the bridge. Other than a couple of low points I would say Eli's time with the NYG has been pretty well spent.
                  It is interesting, those memories have faded for me and I don't quite remember how it went down. I know Archie wanted his son with a classy, winning organization but after that I just don't recall.

The fact that Eli "doesn't recall" is funny.
                  No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
                    It is interesting, those memories have faded for me and I don't quite remember how it went down. I know Archie wanted his son with a classy, winning organization but after that I just don't recall.

The fact that Eli "doesn't recall" is funny.
                    I think the fly in the San Diego ointment was the general manager( Bobby Beathard?) I don't think Archie cared for him too much.
                    sigpic

"For the rest of your life men, no one can tell you that you couldn't do it, because you did it." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

I think the fly in the San Diego ointment was the general manager( Bobby Beathard?) I don't think Archie cared for him too much.
                      OK, don't remember that at all but whatever Archie was thinking, I'd support him on it.
                      A knowledable (insider) dad looking out for his son, who are we to judge?
                      No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by manton View Post
                        Chargers organization expected Ryan Leaf to come in and understand every single facet of the gameplan, of the new organization, of what was expected of him. They never bothered to tell him what they expected of him, what he should gameplan for, or what the different facets of being a professional qb would be.

Peyton Manning had a first hand experience with Ryan's situation. Peyton's situation was the exact opposite, the Colts nurtured him in every way possible and the result was success.

Who wants to come out of the draft as the first overall pick and immediately become a bust?

I would never want to be drafted by a team, that, in order for it to be successful, I would have to take the reigns on every single aspect of my career AND all of the everyday stuff that already comes along with the job. There is enough stuff a QB has to deal with anyways, why would they also want to shoulder the total responsibility of an organization? The reason we love the Giants organization is the reason Eli didn't want to be a Charger. He could never say that out loud, though, you look like a donkey rear end for pointing out that some one else is a donkey rear end.
                        Pretty sure the main reason was that Archie Manning understood that AJ Smith was a d-bag.

And when AJ Smith went public on some private conversations between him and Archie, the ship sailed.
                        "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
                          OK, don't remember that at all but whatever Archie was thinking, I'd support him on it.
                          A knowledable (insider) dad looking out for his son, who are we to judge?
                          Yup, works for me. Kid and Coughlin brought me two trophies...they're good for life in my book.
                          sigpic

Comment

AJ Smith.
                            "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

Comment

Eli forgot he threw 3 picks in a game, what makes you think he can remember 10 years ago?

Comment

The last time Eli played there, the Chargers kicked the Giants ***.

I doubt the Giants are going to win next Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                                X