all time worst giants non-star team

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rat_bastich View Post
    Say what? He was one of our better kickers throughout the life of the Giants.

Are you thinking Matt Dodge instead? I know Desean returned a punt on him.
    I thought the same thing. Tynes wasn't known for his touch backs but I thought he was a pretty good place kicker for the organization.

Comment

Where do we begin with this?

All right I'll start with a punter. Yes, Matt Dodge was a disaster from start to finish and Reese did a terrible job of not lining up a jouneyman to stabilize that situation. The guy was eratic and worst of all a head case. I have said many times that you can hide an OL project because of the size of the roster. There is nowhere to hide a punter who is a work in progress. We tried to do that and it was an unmitigated disaster.

In addition to being one of our worst starters ever, he was clearly our worst punter ever or at least back through the 70's.
      No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by DSP View Post
        After reading the worst era thread I thought this might be fun

Make a team of the worst giants you have actually seen play. You dont have to go in to each position if you dont want to. You can just go by corps. Stick to guys who played significantly not bench warmers who barely saw the feild

Ive been watching since 2000

QB- Kerry "make it a double" Collins

RB- Ron " pass the cupcakes" Dayne

WR- Ramses "should be playing basketball instead" Barden

OL- Luke " move AFTER the ball is snapped?" Petitgout

DL-William " no motor" Joseph

LB- Kevin "softer than cotton candy" lewis

DB- stumped on this one at the moment

K-Lawrence " take it to the house Deshaun" Tynes
        it was actually Matt Dodge that punted the ball to Jackson if your referring to the game winning punt in 2010.. However I'm thinking there may have been a play similar to what happened to alabama to end the iron bowl. I remeber a long FG being returned for a TD against the giants although I don't remember if Tynes was the kicker or if desean was the returner
        Football has been very, very good to us.
        After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
        But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
        2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
        3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
        4-New York Giants!!!
        5-NE
        Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by njg85m View Post
          *face palm*
          Glad you caught that too lol

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
            it was actually Matt Dodge that punted the ball to Jackson if your referring to the game winning punt in 2010.. However I'm thinking there may have been a play similar to what happened to alabama to end the iron bowl. I remeber a long FG being returned for a TD against the giants although I don't remember if Tynes was the kicker or if desean was the returner
            Checked it out and it happened in 2006 when Jay Feely attempted a 52 yard FG vs the Bears with 11:20 left in the game. Rookie Devin Hester caught it 8 yards deep in the endzone and stood there for several seconds then came out and raced down the side line almost untouched for a TD as the giants fell asleep..

http://www.post-gazette.com/steelers...s/200611130238
            Football has been very, very good to us.
            After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
            But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
            2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
            3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
            4-New York Giants!!!
            5-NE
            Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

hc ray handley
              oc gilbride
              dc tim lewis
              sigpic
              FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

2015 season tbd

Comment

*face palm*
                pretty sure you mean matt dodge on this one....

sinorice moss
                aaron rouse
                cc brown

this is my 3
                NYG Til I Die... Even Tatted in "Big Blue" Blood

Is it football season yet?

Comment

Kerry Collins had a pretty good career. Dave Brown was much worse as a Giant.

Elvis Patterson was nicknamed "Toast" but really wasn't that bad.

Tynes was a very good clutch kicker, why would he be on any list.

Comment

OL- Luke " move AFTER the ball is snapped?" Petitgout
                    Luke wasn't the worst left tackle I've seen....if you catch my drift.
                    "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

Originally posted by nygon3 View Post
                      pretty sure you mean matt dodge on this one....

sinorice moss
                      aaron rouse
                      cc brown

this is my 3
                      Those were the dog days for safeties around here.
                      JR fumbled that one I believe. Kenny Phillips had lingering "knee issues" throughout camp be we chose to keep an overabundance at WR and made no moves to bolster ourselves at safety. As it turned out Phillips played little if at all leading to his micro surgery. That left us with CC and Rouse and led to the signing of Rolle. The signing of Rolle proved once again that when you are desperate, the agents will know it and you will overpay for free agents. At least Rolle has played like a star which is more than we can say for Baas (another desperation move) and Canty.
                      No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

this thread would not be complete without frank walker

king of personal foul penalties at the worst possible time

though he was good for a spectacular int every once in a while
                        ELI + TE = ELITE

Comment

*face palm*
                          Oh my bad. That was matt dodge

Comment

Originally posted by Rat_bastich View Post
                            Say what? He was one of our better kickers throughout the life of the Giants.

Are you thinking Matt Dodge instead? I know Desean returned a punt on him.
                            Yeah it was dodge. Sorry

Comment

Originally posted by TroyArcher View Post
                              Kerry Collins had a pretty good career. Dave Brown was much worse as a Giant.

Elvis Patterson was nicknamed "Toast" but really wasn't that bad.

Tynes was a very good clutch kicker, why would he be on any list.
                              I only started watching in 2000 so ive only seen 2 starting giants QB

Comment

Make a team of the worst giants you have actually seen play.
                                QB- Kerry "make it a double" Collins
                                Good lord if you think Kerry Collins is the worst QB you've ever seen play, you are SPOILED!

Kerry was pretty damned good, the Giants went to the Super Bowl with him, and had a field day over the Vikings in the NFC Championship Game. Unfortunately the trouncing in that Super Bowl tarnished him.

And we had a parade of tragedy before Kerry all the way back to Phil Simms getting cut. Dave Brown and Kent Graham were truly mediocre and sometimes bad. Danny Kannel was in over his head.

Then if you go back to Simms' early days he was always getting injured and Parcells chose to start Jeff Rutledge over him. Lots of terrible there.

In the modern era, the Giants can be proud of YA Tittle, Fran Tarkenton, Phil Simms, and Eli Manning as franchise QBs. I'd put Kerry Collins at the head of the next class.
                                Last edited by SweetZombieJesus; 12-07-2013, 07:20 AM.
                                8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

Working...
                                X