all time worst giants non-star team

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jomo View Post
    I think when we are rewarded for patience with a guy like Andre Brown or Will Hill, it encourages the front office and coaches to be more patient with all the rest of the hangers on. I'm OK with doing that selectively but can you name ONE player that we've given the quick hook to (inside of 2 years) when he showed absolutely nothing?
    For sure, but guys like Brown and Hill were able to wait in the background until they were needed. With Dodge, he was front and centre every week, literally kicking the season away. He hurt the team just by stepping on the field - how that was permissible I really have no idea.

I think Sintim is the only one that's come close to that. He lost a year to injury and the team didn't care to wait for him to get better. As shown with Terrell Thomas and Domenik Hixon, they will wait if they believe in the player.
    Last edited by Flip Empty; 12-07-2013, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by njg85m View Post
      *face palm*
      Desean
      Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
        I'm OK with doing that selectively but can you name ONE player that we've given the quick hook to (inside of 2 years) when he showed absolutely nothing?
        Phillip Dillard
        Marvin Austin

Comment

Also, Greg Jones. And the Giants weren't patient with Brown. They waived him in his second year. They were fortunate to get him back after he went full round.

Comment

Originally posted by penguinfarmer View Post
            Phillip Dillard
            Marvin Austin
            Austin got to his third camp with us. We were way too patient, trying to justify the high pick.
            Dillard was gone unusually quick.
            No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Austin's time here wasn't unreasonable at all. Three camps, but only once on final roster. If it weren't for some monster camps from Patterson and Rogers, Austin would still be here. I'd rather have him for a remote chance than Kuhn.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfie View Post
                All of you must be to young to remember the greatest number 1 draft pick the Giants ever made (In my opinion of course).

Rocky Thompson
                Nah, do you 1 better, & I saw him play & suffered all thru H.S. Years.. RB Tucker Frederickson, #1 overall draft pick 1965, Butkus, Sayres & Namath drafted after & host of other stars, BUST!, we paid for years on this one @ the start of the DARK AGES..in Giant History!

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
                  Kerry Collins - anyone who thinks KC was terrible obviously knows nothing about the players that preceded him. Dave Brown, Danny Kannel, Tommy Maddox, or Kent Graham. Take your pick. They all sucked.
                  Oh God, I forgot about Maddox.

For those who weren't around, they brought in Dan Reeves in 1993 and there were still enough Parcells guys around to make a good run of it -- they were playing for the division title in the last game of the season vs. Cowboys. Anyway, then they cut Simms the next year and we wandered in the QB desert until Collins was brought in.

Maddox was a guy that Dan Reeves drafted in Denver, as a project to replace (some would say undermine) John Elway. Reeves just wouldn't give up on him and brought him here. And if anyone was worse than Dave Brown and Kent Graham, it was Maddox.
                  8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

willie ponder wr george adams rb

Comment

Working...
                    X