If a GM offered you a 1st round pick for Eli this offseason

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Even when we won the super bowl, knocking off the much-hated (and in 2007, overly ******y) Patriots, people kept lining up to say that the Giants were nothing special, that they "got lucky". Now all those guys are pretty much proving themselves right. Even if we somehow came back to win a super bowl this season, people would STILL have zero respect for the Giants. I want fans all across the NFL to be in absolute awe of our team's power like they are enamored with Seattle right now, that I could wear a Giants jersey all around the country with pride. Right now I can't even wear a giants t-shirt to the local grocery store without being laughed at...

But all that isn't going to happen unless you have a team that can actually dominate.
    No offense, but why do you care what other fans think?
    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
      No offense, but why do you care what other fans think?
      Because I want to display my giants fandom publicly without apologizing for it like i'm some punk-*** Browns fan...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Even when we won the super bowl, knocking off the much-hated (and in 2007, overly ******y) Patriots, people kept lining up to say that the Giants were nothing special, that they "got lucky". Now all those guys are pretty much proving themselves right. Even if we somehow came back to win a super bowl this season, people would STILL have zero respect for the Giants. I want fans all across the NFL to be in absolute awe of our team's power like they are enamored with Seattle right now, that I could wear a Giants jersey all around the country with pride. Right now I can't even wear a giants t-shirt to the local grocery store without being laughed at...

But all that isn't going to happen unless you have a team that can actually dominate.
        You can wear a "superbowl champion" t-shirt ANYWHERE with pride.

... I wont argue that there are probably a record number of Seattle and KC jerseys/shirts being sold THIS YEAR.

Comment

• Originally posted by BParcells777 View Post
          Not Really
          Eli slow as he is is way way more mobile than Peyton, and he is much calmer when the game speeds up in the post season

again Peyton is a Post Season DISASTER............the trouble with Eli is getting him to the Post Season...........he seems to be on ambien
          Eli's one redeeming quality over Peyton is his "clutchness" with the game on the line. That being said, if you have Peyton, you probably wont' be needing to come from behind much - especially since you're going to be up by 20 points.
          http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
          http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
          http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

Because I want to display my giants fandom publicly without apologizing for it like i'm some punk-*** Browns fan...
            you if you think yo have to apologize then thats on you bro. I would tell them to **** off and no apologies needed.
            The Giants were no lucky in 07 and 011. Just because they sucked at other times has no bearing on 2 SB wins in 5 season...
            "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
            You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
              You can wear a "superbowl champion" t-shirt ANYWHERE with pride.
              Until they break out the "stop living in the past" argument...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Then don't apologize lol. Wear it and be proud of it!

Doesn't matter if our SB's were lucky or not, we found a way to win and that's all that matters.

Comment

Right now I can't even wear a giants t-shirt to the local grocery store without being laughed at...
                  This part really have me laughing... Thanks...

Comment

• Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
                    Eli's one redeeming quality over Peyton is his "clutchness" with the game on the line. That being said, if you have Peyton, you probably wont' be needing to come from behind much - especially since you're going to be up by 20 points.
                    Peyton's team in Indy lacked defense too. They relied on the O and in the playoffs you need big time D.....
                    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

• Can we not have a Eli vs Peyton debate? So damn boring..

Comment

Seahawks trophy case.

Comment

I bet many other fans of other teams would like to live in the past. The Giants and Pitt are the only mutliple SB winners in like a decade or something like that. While this doesnt make up for this **** year it is still a great thing

Comment

its a loser's arguement

Comment

• I know Peyton doesn't have the greatest playoffs resume, still made it to 2 Super Bowls. I don't get all this "he's not clutch"... Yeah, bad luck in the playoffs, but he's #1 in NFL 4th quarter comebacks...
                              Last edited by NYGhtmare; 12-06-2013, 04:56 PM.

Comment

• Trading Eli for a 1st rounder (especially one out of the top 2-3 picks) would be a horrible trade. Look around the league. Look at how many teams are questioning if their QB has the stuff to lead their team to the SB.

Teams spend YEARS looking for that guy. Teams like the Dolphins, Bills and Browns have looked for decades for that guy. Broncos were so desparate to find one that they took a chance on a 36 y/o QB coming off of 4 neck surgeries, and for all of that guys' greatness everyone agrees that if he gets caught in a cold weather playoff game he's screwed.

For all of Eli's faults, he's PROVEN that he can go ANYWHERE in the playoffs and win. Of course all SB winning QBs' have good team around them, but not all QBs' with good teams around them can win a SB.

Look at what's happened with Schaub out in HOU. Even before this season, and despite a lot of his past success, people had serious doubts if he had the "stuff" to bring his team all the way. People still have those doubts about Romo and Cutler. The Bengals are starting to have those same doubts about Dalton, Rams are starting to wonder if Bradford is their guy.

So again, I ask, WHY OH WHY would you get rid of a guy that's already that's already proven TWICE that he does have the "stuff" to win it all if he's got the right pieces around him?
                                All Hail The New York Giants!!

Comment

Working...
                                X