No announcement yet.

If a GM offered you a 1st round pick for Eli this offseason

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If it was the first pick in the draft and Luck were coming out next year I might consider it but otherwise no.

Comment

• Originally posted by GameTime View Post
      you would make a poor NFL owner. Lombardi Trophies are the ultimate goal and accomplishment.
      Originally posted by TrueBlue@NYC View Post
      Trading Eli for a 1st rounder (especially one out of the top 2-3 picks) would be a horrible trade. Look around the league. Look at how many teams are questioning if their QB has the stuff to lead their team to the SB.

Teams spend YEARS looking for that guy. Teams like the Dolphins, Bills and Browns have looked for decades for that guy. Broncos were so desparate to find one that they took a chance on a 36 y/o QB coming off of 4 neck surgeries, and for all of that guys' greatness everyone agrees that if he gets caught in a cold weather playoff game he's screwed.

For all of Eli's faults, he's PROVEN that he can go ANYWHERE in the playoffs and win. Of course all SB winning QBs' have good team around them, but not all QBs' with good teams around them can win a SB.

Look at what's happened with Schaub out in HOU. Even before this season, and despite a lot of his past success, people had serious doubts if he had the "stuff" to bring his team all the way. People still have those doubts about Romo and Cutler. The Bengals are starting to have those same doubts about Dalton, Rams are starting to wonder if Bradford is their guy.

So again, I ask, WHY OH WHY would you get rid of a guy that's already that's already proven TWICE that he does have the "stuff" to win it all if he's got the right pieces around him?
      Because some 22 year old in the draft can run really fast and throw pretty passes, that's why!
      Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by NYGhtmare View Post
        I know Peyton doesn't have the greatest playoffs resume, still made it to 2 Super Bowls. I don't get all this "he's not clutch"... Yeah, bad luck in the playoffs, but he's #1 in NFL 4th quarter comebacks...
        What you don't get is he is a virtual STATUE..........in the regular season he gets away with that
        In the much faster paced post season he eventually comes up against a team like our 2011 team that leaves him looking out his earhole

there are a lot of teams in the NFL that can really toss around a QB

Comment

• Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
          Eli's one redeeming quality over Peyton is his "clutchness" with the game on the line. That being said, if you have Peyton, you probably wont' be needing to come from behind much - especially since you're going to be up by 20 points.
          Hey Gumball..........do you have any idea how bad Peytons post season is Vs ELI?????????????????????????

Comment

• Nope. We know what we have in Eli. He's a streaky guy but overall still a high end QB. You have no idea what you get in a pick.

Comment

• The correct answer is "no".
              "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

• Originally posted by BParcells777 View Post
                Hey Gumball..........do you have any idea how bad Peytons post season is Vs ELI?????????????????????????
                But at least with Peyton, I know I'll be making the post season to begin with. After that, it's just a matter of which team gets hot.
                http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

• Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
                  But at least with Peyton, I know I'll be making the post season to begin with. After that, it's just a matter of which team gets hot.
                  +1

Thats what drives me nuts about these arguments. You know Peyton will give you a shot to make the playoffs every season. He may not go far, but he'll get you in. Eli gets in every few seasons, and you dont know who is going to show up, the good QB or the rookie who makes stupid mistakes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                    Because some 22 year old in the draft can run really fast and throw pretty passes, that's why!
                    In the history of the NFL how many "running" QB's have won a SB?

Comment

• It depends upon what is happening in this upcoming draft and FA. If I can scan the FA wire for a veteran QB and flip that one pick into multiple draft picks (one of those possibly being a QB), I would entertain it. Eli isn't 25 anymore. Whether you want to think about it or not, he is going to be replaced. Hopefully later than sooner because rookie QB's are hit and miss. And you also have to think about who the coaching staff would be if it were to happen? Would Coughlin stick around for it? And if he did, is Gilbride staying with him? There's a lot to consider with a question like this.
                      “Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.”
                      ― George Carlin

Comment

• Originally posted by TroyArcher View Post
                        In the history of the NFL how many "running" QB's have won a SB?
                        When will you learn that red font = sarcasm?
                        Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• The only way I would entertain trading Eli would be if the team was in total rebuild mode... and even then I would expect more than 1 first round pick for him. This is a team with a lot of holes to fill, but they are not rebuilding, so the answer would be no.
                          My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Comment

• No....

Comment

• Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                              Not if re-signing Eli at 13-15 mil per was an option.
                              That's what I think he's worth, but I just checked the salaries and it's not realistic to expect him to resign for that much. Big Ben is making $12.5 million/year from a contract he signed in 2008. He'll want more money than $15 million/year but he needs to play markedly better if he's going to be worth it.
                              Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

• Gmen0820 makes a good point about how much money he wants. Right now he's just managing games. We shouldn't pay him $20 million a year for that. This year he robbed the bank with his performance.
                                Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

Working...
                                X