• Show
Clear All

no ****ing way are you kidding me?
    sigpic
    FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

2015 season tbd

Comment

Originally posted by DSP View Post
      Nicks is worth at least a mid-late round first. Maybe including a 4-5 rounder or even a 3rd to the right team but hes shown some proclivity for being iniured. Hes a very good young wr with good size, agility and hands. I dont think weve seen him play to his potential yet

Once they get eli some protection nicks would be a 1200-8 type of reciever
      Nicks has not shown that worth so far this season.
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

I'd trade him (Eli) for whoever selects Johnny Manziel and never look back
        Last edited by BParcells777; 12-06-2013, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
          Nicks has not shown that worth so far this season.
          You right except Nicks is a top 5 receiver when healthy
          I don't see any injuries that won't heal up
          Hi knees are fine

Comment

Originally posted by DSP View Post
            Anyone who says yes is joking or crazy

First it wouldnt be possible with his contract

Second why does eli get so much flack? Eli is a lot like favre. Takes a lot of chances most QBs wouldnt have the nerve to take. Sometimes it burns him and sometimes its an amazing play. Every player has ups and downs, and the only way to be great is to take the chances other players wont.

Favre was idolized til the very end of his career......still is by many. So why does eli get slammed so hard when his play stumbles? Is it just because of his last name?

Hes got two great postseasons with two SB MVPs to go with it. Bad players do not shine at those times. They crumble and the greats excel

We are talking about a guy who has a very strong case for canton

If he was 2-3 years older and really stinking it up id condider for a top 15 pick

Eli isnt a god so why do always expect miracles from him? Hes human and few would do much better with the issues the giants have right now

Give eli a decent line, reliable running back and a solid D and we will see him excelling again

Who would you rather have behind center taking that kind of punishment? Peytons neck would get snapped. Brees would be batted around like a ragdoll. Brady would do nothing but throw hissy fits
            People still don't get it. Favre's at least been able to show he could sustain great play for many years straight. Eli's ups and downs vary from game to game. Sometimes, it's half to half. Eli hasn't been able to show consistency at all. People's perceptions are driven by consistency. If you're great one game then terrible another, then people have no idea what to make of you. And that's what Eli suffers from.
            http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
            http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
            http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

Originally posted by BParcells777 View Post
              You right except Nicks is a top 5 receiver when healthy
              I don't see any injuries that won't heal up
              Hi knees are fine
              You could be right, but could be won't get him his BIG payday.
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

No. Two ones he's gone! Well, one and two and I'd launch Mister Mediocre!
                Last edited by STAR; 12-06-2013, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                  What kind of "picks" would you expect for Nicks?
                  Well, none anymore. But when we were 0-6 I said we should do it. I would of expected a 2nd and 5th. A team would of done it. Patriots? Jets? Falcons? 49ers? Seahawks? Ravens? Chiefs? Colts? Teams that felt they were 1 WR away from being a Superbowl contender.

Then again, TRent Richardson was traded for a 1st rounder. So maybe they could get a 1st.

This opportunity reminds me of the Yankees and Cano. The Yankees should of traded him and Kuroda during the year. Those 2 would of netted some great prospects for the future. Nicks would of done the same.
                  Last edited by TheAnalyst; 12-06-2013, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Oh man this is tough one...

I would if he came at a lower price... Then I would get a more mobile QB b/c I think he could buy a bit more time for the KG passing tree to open up with his legs... Or getting a very high rated OL and start looking at the guys we already drafted maybe?

Otherwise NO.
                    Go Giants!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                      Well, none anymore. But when we were 0-6 I said we should do it. I would of expected a 2nd and 5th. A team would of done it. Patriots? Jets? Falcons? 49ers? Seahawks? Ravens? Chiefs? Colts? Teams that felt they were 1 WR away from being a Superbowl contender.

Then again, TRent Richardson was traded for a 1st rounder. So maybe they could get a 1st.

This opportunity reminds me of the Yankees and Cano. The Yankees should of traded him and Kuroda during the year. Those 2 would of netted some great prospects for the future. Nicks would of done the same.
                      When we were 0-6 we thought he'd come around. Now, do we still feel that way?

Comment

Never, it doesn't make sense.
                        Mood: WOOF!

Comment

First of all...Eli isn't worth a first round pick (and don't give me Carson Palmer..the Raiders were stupid and that trade blew up in their face)
                          Secondly..it STILL wouldn't be good for us since we have no one to replace him.
                          It is CLEARLY time to start the process of developing the next Giants QB. May not be Nassib but we have to start. Maybe that's what JR was thinking with Nassib...Don't know.
                          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                            Go back and look at the first round selections for the past five years. You have about a 50/50 chance of getting an impact player.

So give up a franchise QB who has taken us to 2 SB's for what? A 50/50 shot of getting a good player?

It would be different if we were getting the number 1 or 2 pick in a Luck/RGIII type QB draft . . . .
                            THIS. Reload the offensive line and give Eli another reliable receiver besides Cruz and he will shine.
                            "Team sports are a different animal. They tap into deep seeded tribal instincts. Our team vs your team used to be our tribe vs your tribe. Winner takes all – land, plunder, women. You inherently care when you are aligned with a tribe/team. The players are interchangeable but team always stays the same." - JOESONDO from UG forum

Comment

For me to Entertain trading Eli it would need to be more. I'm not a Eli guy but know how important a quality QB is. Perfect world Eli restructures his deal and plays two more years and a Qb is developed. Next year for Eli will determine what happens going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                                First of all...Eli isn't worth a first round pick (and don't give me Carson Palmer..the Raiders were stupid and that trade blew up in their face)
                                Secondly..it STILL wouldn't be good for us since we have no one to replace him.
                                It is CLEARLY time to start the process of developing the next Giants QB. May not be Nassib but we have to start. Maybe that's what JR was thinking with Nassib...Don't know.
                                So, if Eli isn't worth a #1, then to trade him for a number 1 would be a good deal, right? We might have some growing pains with a new QB, but we went through that with Eli.
                                Do not feed the trolls.

Comment

Working...
                                X