• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    LOL Me too
    That's why you're on here with me and not in the NFL. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by nygfanmaybe View Post
      I was shocked at the way he and Plax were able to hook-up so often in the GB game considering the weather conditions. I really wasn't sure that a kid from NO would be able to hold-up in those conditions, and am still wondering today how they did it.
      when they asked Eli about that he said he had a few secrets to keep the cold at bay...

that game and that whole playoff run was great
      "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
      You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by dillyyo2013 View Post
        That's why you're on here with me and not in the NFL. LOL
        I knew there was a reason
        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

"So give up a franchise QB who has taken us to 2 SB's for what? A 50/50 shot of getting a good player?"

Seems like he is saying Eli has taken us to 2 SBs. Are you telling me you believe Eli is that good that we couldn't likely land a potential SB qb in the top part of the draft? Where was Brady picked? How about Montana, Rodgers, etc? Fact is there is nothing in Eli's stats that tell me he is a QB that most people would build around. He gets credit for the SBs because this league and it's fans have always held the QB as the proxy for all things good. Fact is Eli is probably the worst modern day QB to win 2 SBs.

I like Eli, but to sit here and act like its unlikely we find an equivalent talent out of the draft is a joke.
          Give up a franchise player is not the same as "Eli has given us 2 SB's."

And now you are jumping to conclusions. Nobody ever claimed that Eli cannot and will not be replaced. Our OL need to be rebuilt...it's obviously affecting his play. We all know Eli is capable of playing much better than this when he has blockers and a go to WR.

By the way, if you don't believe that Eli was a part of those 2 SB runs then fine. Obviously many fans and the Giants organization do.
          Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
            when they asked Eli about that he said he had a few secrets to keep the cold at bay...

that game and that whole playoff run was great
            They really were. I get goose bumps right now when I think about that fade to Plax in the corner and the ball nestling in his hands...which, btw, could have been thrown better...and the realization that they just might win this thing.

Comment

I do remember that run and I do remember some of the spectacular catches our receivers made on badly thrown balls. I also remember our D picking off Brette favre to win the game in GB. Like I said, Eli was an important part because he is the QB and all goes through him, but he is not an elite QB. By far.
              first off the post I responded to your postwhich said nothing about Eli being Elite and I never siad that as well. I was responding that Eli was just a supoprting memeber and that is off base....way off base. I am not an Eli homer and bash him when he deserves it but I also give him credit when he deserves it too.
              So other players making great plays takes away from what the QB does?? Your arguement about the 07 playoff run and SB is weak...
              You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                Give up a franchise player is not the same as "Eli has given us 2 SB's."

And now you are jumping to conclusions. Nobody ever claimed that Eli cannot and will not be replaced. Our OL need to be rebuilt...it's obviously affecting his play. We all know Eli is capable of playing much better than this when he has blockers and a go to WR.

By the way, if you don't believe that Eli was a part of those 2 SB runs then fine. Obviously many fans and the Giants organization do.
                Why highlight "give up" when a few words later it says "taken us"?! Taken us is the same as given us, IMO. The question proposed was what do we think if we had a shot at a high draft choice QB and who would take it. Obviously that depends on whether the org wanted to win in the next year or two, but IMO, the long term outlook would be better for us if we took a top QB in the draft.

Ask yourself what Eli can do that other QBs can't:

Throw accurately.....no
                stronger arm....no
                mobile.....no
                Decision making.....hell no

Point is that most historically great pocket passers were accurate and Eli is not accurate on that level.

Comment

first off the post I responded to your postwhich said nothing about Eli being Elite and I never siad that as well. I was responding that Eli was just a supoprting memeber and that is off base....way off base. I am not an Eli homer and bash him when he deserves it but I also give him credit when he deserves it too.
                  So other players making great plays takes away from what the QB does?? Your arguement about the 07 playoff run and SB is weak...
                  Surely anecdotal, but if Eli was as great as many make him out to be then you would not have such questions by other great HOF players in the NFL who have always questioned his greatness. Only after he attained the 2 SB wins were some willing to start saying he was Elite. My bet is Eli would be on the bottom of the list of Elite Qbs in today's discussion. Heck, how many Pro Bowls has Eli been too and compare that with other elite QBs in years past?

Besides those 2 SBs there is nothing in eli's numbers to remotely indicate Elite status.

Comment

Why highlight "give up" when a few words later it says "taken us"?! Taken us is the same as given us, IMO. The question proposed was what do we think if we had a shot at a high draft choice QB and who would take it. Obviously that depends on whether the org wanted to win in the next year or two, but IMO, the long term outlook would be better for us if we took a top QB in the draft.

Ask yourself what Eli can do that other QBs can't:

Throw accurately.....no
                    stronger arm....no
                    mobile.....no
                    Decision making.....hell no

Point is that most historically great pocket passers were accurate and Eli is not accurate on that level.
                    I cannot take you seriously if you thinking "taken" us and "given" us are the same thing.

Eli has taken us to a Super Bowl, not by himself (I should add).
                    Eli did not give us a Super Bowl. Individual players can't give you championships. Eli did not by himself get to the Super Bowl, won it by himself..and then gave it to the Giants.

Comment

Eli usually throws it off line or high when he is under duress and cannot step into his throws
                      He should learn to throw it away when falling backwards not launch a hope and a prayer

Comment

Surely anecdotal, but if Eli was as great as many make him out to be then you would not have such questions by other great HOF players in the NFL who have always questioned his greatness. Only after he attained the 2 SB wins were some willing to start saying he was Elite. My bet is Eli would be on the bottom of the list of Elite Qbs in today's discussion. Heck, how many Pro Bowls has Eli been too and compare that with other elite QBs in years past?

Besides those 2 SBs there is nothing in eli's numbers to remotely indicate Elite status.
                        you mentioned the 07 SB not his career. I already said I am not an Eli homer. I dont call him elite and I am not discussing his current status among QBs. I am talking about the 07 playoff run and SB. You brought it up and I responded.
                        BTW..you keep bringing up this elite thinng. I have never said he was elite. so get off that topic with me

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                          I cannot take you seriously if you thinking "taken" us and "given" us are the same thing.

Eli has taken us to a Super Bowl, not by himself (I should add).
                          Eli did not give us a Super Bowl. Individual players can't give you championships. Eli did not by himself get to the Super Bowl, won it by himself..and then gave it to the Giants.
                          I can't take you seriously if you don't understand the context of the convo. Of course in a game like football no one person can give you a SB, just like not one person can take you to the SB. If you want to argue semantics then please, feel free and argue to the wall. The point I made quite clear is that IMO there is nothing about Eli that you can't find in many other Qbs in this league. Eli is a very good QB when he has plenty of top tools around him, but can be horrid when he hits adversity.

Comment

Originally posted by DSP View Post
                            Nicks is worth at least a mid-late round first. Maybe including a 4-5 rounder or even a 3rd to the right team but hes shown some proclivity for being iniured. Hes a very good young wr with good size, agility and hands. I dont think weve seen him play to his potential yet

Once they get eli some protection nicks would be a 1200-8 type of reciever
                            Nicks might have been worth that at one time but not lately...
                            Last edited by JesseJames; 12-07-2013, 10:34 AM.

Comment

you mentioned the 07 SB not his career. I already said I am not an Eli homer. I dont call him elite and I am not discussing his current status among QBs. I am talking about the 07 playoff run and SB. You brought it up and I responded.
                              BTW..you keep bringing up this elite thinng. I have never said he was elite. so get off that topic with me
                              And my point was that I believe he had more to do with the 2011 playoff run than he did with the 2007. I attribute most of that run to the defense.

Comment

I can't take you seriously if you don't understand the context of the convo. Of course in a game like football no one person can give you a SB, just like not one person can take you to the SB. If you want to argue semantics then please, feel free and argue to the wall. The point I made quite clear is that IMO there is nothing about Eli that you can't find in many other Qbs in this league. Eli is a very good QB when he has plenty of top tools around him, but can be horrid when he hits adversity.
                                It's not about thinking Eli is elite.

It's still not easy to find a franchise player. I don't care if a rookie is accurate in the pocket, or if he can run. It takes more than throwing a pretty ball to be a franchise QB. I'm all for finding Eli's replacement, but to just be like "oh Eli's skills aren't that great, we can find another QB in no time!" is asinine.

And TCHOF still never said Eli gave us two SB's, sorry..I'm sticking to that.

Comment

Working...
                                X