If a GM offered you a 1st round pick for Eli this offseason

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BParcells777 View Post
    Eli usually throws it off line or high when he is under duress and cannot step into his throws
    He should learn to throw it away when falling backwards not launch a hope and a prayer
    This is why he has always excelled with tall and big receivers. From day one Eli has always had accuracy issues and they tended to fall into the high category. Not saying he can't be accurate, but most often than not, he is not accurate on an Elite level. If he was then I would say no to a draft pick because you could develop a line and good receivers and he would excel ala Brady. Fact is even with a line an receivers Eli has a penchant for just making stupid throws or still be inaccurate.

Problem is that people only want to use the SB as the only metric to determine his greatness. It's kind of like saying the Heisman winner is always the best player in college when we all know that is a joke most times.

Comment

It would depend on the pick. If your getting a top 3 pick and there are top QB prospects coming into the draft, then it is a no brainer, just because of Eli's age alone. The Colts did it and now they have transitioned from the Peyton era to the Luck era and are now set at QB for the next 15 years. I am not an Eli hater, actually if anything I am an Eli homer, but if you think you can get your next franchise QB, when Eli only has about 4 years left, then you have to pull the trigger.

Comment

Originally posted by dillyyo2013 View Post
        This is why he has always excelled with tall and big receivers. From day one Eli has always had accuracy issues and they tended to fall into the high category. Not saying he can't be accurate, but most often than not, he is not accurate on an Elite level. If he was then I would say no to a draft pick because you could develop a line and good receivers and he would excel ala Brady. Fact is even with a line an receivers Eli has a penchant for just making stupid throws or still be inaccurate.

Problem is that people only want to use the SB as the only metric to determine his greatness. It's kind of like saying the Heisman winner is always the best player in college when we all know that is a joke most times.
        Where are you getting all this greatness and elite talk from? Nobody is mentioning any of those things. That's not even what this thread is about.

Eli is a very good, solid starting QB. Yes he has accuracy issues, yes he throws off his back foot, everybody including the Giants know that. We have all seen Eli play "great", and in order to get back to that..we need to re-hash the OL..not panic and look for an unproven rookie in the draft.
        Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
          It would depend on the pick. If your getting a top 3 pick and there are top QB prospects coming into the draft, then it is a no brainer, just because of Eli's age alone. The Colts did it and now they have transitioned from the Peyton era to the Luck era and are now set at QB for the next 15 years. I am not an Eli hater, actually if anything I am an Eli homer, but if you think you can get your next franchise QB, when Eli only has about 4 years left, then you have to pull the trigger.
          Eli's replacement is coming soon, it has to.
          But if you want to replace him because of this season, then lol.

Comment

Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
            If Peyton didnt have injury issue the Colts wouldnt have made that move...
            poor example
            "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
            You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

a lot of people seem to be convinced that all we need to do is fix the O line problems and all will be fine with Eli, well I'm not convinced that will cure this mess. We have to be clear that we won the SBs because of Eli's performance and not the play of everyone else. We've seen games this year where the O line play was fine and Eli still wasn't able to step up and make the plays. I'm not trying to bash Eli here but just being objective about what really is going to be necessary going forward, and my big question is why we moved up to draft Nassib because I absolutely don't believe we drafted him for trade bait....

Comment

Originally posted by JesseJames View Post
                a lot of people seem to be convinced that all we need to do is fix the O line problems and all will be fine with Eli, well I'm not convinced that will cure this mess. We have to be clear that we won the SBs because of Eli's performance and not the play of everyone else. We've seen games this year where the O line play was fine and Eli still wasn't able to step up and make the plays. I'm not trying to bash Eli here but just being objective about we really is going to be necessary going forward, and my big question is why we moved up to draft Nassib because I absolutely don't believe we drafted him for trade bait....
                I dont know why the drafted Nassib. They didnt even give that much time in preseason.
                You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by JesseJames View Post
                  a lot of people seem to be convinced that all we need to do is fix the O line problems and all will be fine with Eli, well I'm not convinced that will cure this mess. We have to be clear that we won the SBs because of Eli's performance and not the play of everyone else. We've seen games this year where the O line play was fine and Eli still wasn't able to step up and make the plays. I'm not trying to bash Eli here but just being objective about we really is going to be necessary going forward, and my big question is why we moved up to draft Nassib because I absolutely don't believe we drafted him for trade bait....
                  I don't know the whole Nassib idea..I actually want to see him play a little bit.

IMO, the OL is the biggest culprit. It won't make Eli's accuracy and high balls any better if that's what you're suggesting (wish it would), but it would limit his jumpiness and chuck and duck routine. Even with the pass OL playing considerably better down the stretch, I still think Eli was a little jumpy in the pocket and didn't fully trust them.

Comment

Nassib showed absolutely nothing

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post

IMO, the OL is the biggest culprit. It won't make Eli's accuracy and high balls any better if that's what you're suggesting
                      Seriously? I'm not suggesting that all of Eli's accuracy problems stem from a poor o-line, but it seems to me that if a QB is allowed to follow-through with his passes on a more consistant basis then his accuracy problems would have to improve. I think that is a no-brainer.

Comment

Originally posted by BParcells777 View Post
                        Nassib showed absolutely nothing
                        he didnt have much chance to show anything. Partially played in 3 preseason games. Not a big sampling

No one really knows what Nassib can or cannot do yet

Comment

Originally posted by nygfanmaybe View Post
                          Seriously? I'm not suggesting that all of Eli's accuracy problems stems from a poor o-line, but it seems to me that if a QB is allowed to follow-through with his passes on a more consistant basis then his accuracy problems would have to improve. I think that is a no-brainer.
                          Let me re-word:

Eli has never been that accurate, but I think with a better OL his accuracy will improve.
                          And yes, Eli has never been that accurate..I stand by that.

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                            he didnt have much chance to show anything. Partially played in 3 preseason games. Not a big sampling

No one really knows what Nassib can or cannot do yet
                            They probably spent more time with the 1st and 2nd group in preseason because of the way they were playing...or not playing. If they were searching for a quick fix at the QB problem, then I'm sure you would have seen a lot more of him, but I think they drafted him soley because he was still on the board and they and everybody else had him rated higher.

Comment

I just wish I knew why we drafted a QB and moved up to get him if we have no plans to use him. Nassib was rated on some draft boards as a first round pick so I think there is a lot more behind the pick then just trade bait...

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                                Let me re-word:

Eli has never been that accurate, but I think with a better OL his accuracy will improve.
                                And yes, Eli has never been that accurate..I stand by that.
                                Well...fortunately he has been accurate enough to make many a WR all-pro. I'm sure VC is happy he met Eli Manning.

Comment

Working...
                                X