Giants' RT Justin Pugh Compares Favorably So Far To Chargers' DJ Fluker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
    I don't think Bortles will declare this year personally unless he gets a really high grade from the draft advisory board. He should remain in college for 1 more year and his chances of being a top 10 pick for the 2015 draft would be solid.
    I agree but he could be taking a risk by doing that cause of Jameis and Mariota coming out next year.
    sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by penguinfarmer View Post
      Why does it always have to be a QB after Eli? This year in the league has already shown how important it is to have a backup QB with the injuries to Rodgers/Cutler. One has been able to play adequately enough to maintain some semblance of a playoff outlook despite the futility of Chicago's defense, the other sealed the season. Backup quarterback IS a needed position, one that some teams pay $3-4 mil for.
      Problem is that none of our backup QB's even have the ability to play adequately at the moment. We've already seen the Painter show for the Colts back in 2011 and Nassib looked like a chicken with it's head cut off during the preseason. Maybe it was the quality of players he was with during those snaps but he hasn't earned the right to a guarantee at the 2nd string QB job in the future. We need to see more and better from him next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
        Pugh's celing is that of a solid NFL player. Nothing to sneeze at of course. But he is what he is..
        This is a ridiculous point. You think you know his ceiling, but you don't. That is what is so funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
          I would love to see that ,dude is a beast but you gotta think they are going o-line in round 1. Him across from Prince would be intriguing.
          I'm hoping they do what EA did in 2000 and bring it some vets for the interior O line. I'd hate to see them reach for another O lineman (my opinion) due to need.
          Guards and Centers can be had later.
          Problem is, given some of the clunkers in later rounds with JR I wonder if he has the eye for these guys down the draft.
          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Problem is that none of our backup QB's even have the ability to play adequately at the moment. We've already seen the Painter show for the Colts back in 2011 and Nassib looked like a chicken with it's head cut off during the preseason. Maybe it was the quality of players he was with during those snaps but he hasn't earned the right to a guarantee at the 2nd string QB job in the future. We need to see more and better from him next year.
            And they carried three QBs to compensate for the time being, something they haven't done in a while. I don't think much of Nassib, but they wouldn't draft him for what he was in his first preseason, but what they think he could be. I'd rather have that remote chance than what David Carr could offer. Quarterback evaluation extends well beyond the collegiate ranks.

Comment

I'm hoping they do what EA did in 2000 and bring it some vets for the interior O line. I'd hate to see them reach for another O lineman (my opinion) due to need.
              Guards and Centers can be had later.
              Problem is, given some of the clunkers in later rounds with JR I wonder if he has the eye for these guys down the draft.
              This is true you can find guards and centers in later rounds. This team needs to fix a lot of things in the draft, I can't wait to see what they do on draft day. Reese is really going to have to step his game up this draft and stop taking people cause of their backflips.

Comment

Originally posted by moosedrool View Post
                This is a ridiculous point. You think you know his ceiling, but you don't. That is what is so funny.
                No..I don't.
                In my opinion he doesn't have the ceiling these other guys have.
                Is that better. Does that suit your sensibilities?

BTW...You're great at trashing other posters for their view. But I don't get a lot positive opinions from you. I here a lot of "you suck" but you seem too much of a coward to stick your own neck out there with any philosophy of your own. For fear that you won't go along.
                You do LOVE to follow the crowd.
                Last edited by Morehead State; 12-08-2013, 01:15 PM.

Comment

I'd say the McCants situation could make one wonder if the blame should be placed on the coaching staff instead of on the front office in regards to our mid/late round OL draft picks. I know it's popular right now to hate on Reese but I do think this situation in regards to developing younger players is more gray than black and white so to speak.

Comment

No..I don't.
                    In my opinion he doesn't have the ceiling these other guys have.
                    Is that better. Does that suit your sensibilities?

BTW...You're great at trashing other posters for their view. But I don't get a lot positive opinions from you. I here a lot of "you suck" but you seem too much of a coward to stick your own neck out there with an philosophy of your own. For fear that you won't go along.
                    You do LOVE to follow the crowd.
                    And by crowd, it's just profootballfocus. I'm not even using sarcasm.

Comment

And they carried three QBs to compensate for the time being, something they haven't done in a while. I don't think much of Nassib, but they wouldn't draft him for what he was in his first preseason, but what they think he could be. I'd rather have that remote chance than what David Carr could offer. Quarterback evaluation extends well beyond the collegiate ranks.
                      The issue is that you can grab average quality backup QBs off of FA without spending two draft picks. There would be less animosity towards the Nassib selection if he was just a UDFA for example. Ultimately, I don't think the players we would have selected in place of Nassib would have contributed either so this will all be a moot point 3-4 years down the road.

Comment

I'd say the McCants situation could make one wonder if the blame should be placed on the coaching staff instead of on the front office in regards to our mid/late round OL draft picks. I know it's popular right now to hate on Reese but I do think this situation in regards to developing younger players is more gray than black and white so to speak.
                        I wonder what the deal is with Wilson is he coming back or what? If not that pick looks bad on Reese's part but injuries are apart of the game. This year he really needs to pick the right players...we need o-linemen, linebackers, maybe a rb and wr, cornerback....etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
                          I wonder what the deal is with Wilson is he coming back or what? If not that pick looks bad on Reese's part but injuries are apart of the game. This year he really needs to pick the right players...we need o-linemen, linebackers, maybe a rb and wr, cornerback....etc.
                          The Wilson situation is tough for me to really figure out who is at fault. While he displayed inconsistent vision between the tackles and his pass blocking was still a work in progress, I understand what Reese saw in him from a potential standpoint. You have a guy who could have taken advantage of the defense playing two deep safety while they still respected our passing game and he would have been the key to a balanced attack after the 2011 season where our running game was atrocious. The issue is that it's arguably safer to just grab OL in early or mid rounds and then find a RB later on like Morris in 2012 or Zac Stacy in 2013. You don't need a stud RB in this league anymore and especially for our system. You just need a few guys who can play on 3rd down and can follow their blockers for consistent gains.

Comment

And by crowd, it's just profootballfocus. I'm not even using sarcasm.
                            First of all...PFF is way overrated. Its not the bible of player evaluation.
                            Secondly, PFF doesn't deal with draft philosophy....now does it?

And personally..I like the way Pugh is playing. So PFF and I (in this case) are in agreement.
                            Last edited by Morehead State; 12-08-2013, 01:18 PM.

Comment

The issue is that you can grab average quality backup QBs off of FA without spending two draft picks. There would be less animosity towards the Nassib selection if he was just a UDFA for example. Ultimately, I don't think the players we would have selected in place of Nassib would have contributed either so this will all be a moot point 3-4 years down the road.
                              The Giants have been using that FA approach, and had nothing worth keeping. The only reason why it was never was an issue [on the surface] was because Eli was fortunate enough to never be injured. And that's all it is. Fortune. I don't see why they should rest on their laurels, hoping and praying that Eli stays healthy while backing him with crap.

And even mediocre backup QBs cost money. Even at a minimum salary, it's double than what Nassib earns on a rookie contract for 4 years.

Comment

First of all...PFF is way overrated. Its not the bible of player evaluation.
                                Secondly, PFF doesn't deal with draft philosophy....now does it?

And personally..I like the way Pugh is playing. So PFF and I (in this case) are in agreement.
                                I don't know if they do anything on collegiate athletes, but they do have their segments which focus on rookies. But yes, that is moosedrool's ONLY reference of information.

Comment

Working...
                                X