Giants' RT Justin Pugh Compares Favorably So Far To Chargers' DJ Fluker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    First of all...PFF is way overrated. Its not the bible of player evaluation.
    Secondly, PFF doesn't deal with draft philosophy....now does it?
    PFF has it's purposes. It's a little iffy in regards to grading defensive backs but I do think PFF has helped give recognition to standout players at unheralded positions such as OL, DT, and some safeties. I do love the fact that more praise is being put on consistent pass pressure as opposed to sacks now thanks to websites like PFF.

Comment

Originally posted by penguinfarmer View Post
      I don't know if they do anything on collegiate athletes, but they do have their segments which focus on rookies. But yes, that is moosedrool's ONLY reference of information.
      No its not.
      His point of reference is that when he sees one of my posts...no matter what the topic...he chimes in with some crappy comment about me.

Its fine with me...but its really sad for him. I cry for him when I think about it.
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
        But I don't get a lot positive opinions from you.
        Well you obviously don't read all my posts.

And regarding "trashing" you. You are the one making absurd statements like you know a players ceiling, when quite frankly, NOBODY does. You are clearly wrong on Pugh yet you continue down a path of stubbornness. And it is quite funny.

Comment

Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
          The Wilson situation is tough for me to really figure out who is at fault. While he displayed inconsistent vision between the tackles and his pass blocking was still a work in progress, I understand what Reese saw in him from a potential standpoint. You have a guy who could have taken advantage of the defense playing two deep safety while they still respected our passing game and he would have been the key to a balanced attack after the 2011 season where our running game was atrocious. The issue is that it's arguably safer to just grab OL in early or mid rounds and then find a RB later on like Morris in 2012 or Zac Stacy in 2013. You don't need a stud RB in this league anymore and especially for our system. You just need a few guys who can play on 3rd down and can follow their blockers for consistent gains.
          I agree it's hard to tell who is a fault. For me I put most of the blame on Wilson he needs to stop trying so hard and just follow his blocks and good things can happen. His pass blocking is atrocious, I don't know how he will get better at that. I really liked the kid from Stanford last draft Stephon Taylor if we didn't have Wilson I would've drafted him. Maybe we can grab the other Stanford kid this year if he declares.
          sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Comment

I don't know if they do anything on collegiate athletes, but they do have their segments which focus on rookies. But yes, that is moosedrool's ONLY reference of information.
            The fact that you think my only reference is PFF makes you a pretty ignorant person.

And the people who discount PFF don't understand PFF, yet post like they do. More ignorance. You just confirmed that when you said "you don't know if they do anything on collegiate athletes". Yet you make fun of PFF. Well done!

Comment

Originally posted by moosedrool View Post
              The fact that you think my only reference is PFF makes you a pretty ignorant person.

And the people who discount PFF don't understand PFF, yet post like they do. More ignorance. You just confirmed that when you said "you don't know if they do anything on collegiate athletes". Yet you make fun of PFF. Well done!
              I have never spoken negatively of PFF. Just you spreading your cheeks for them.

Comment

Just you spreading your cheeks for them.
                You are a very strange person.

Comment

Now this thread just needs Drez and the cycle will be complete.

Comment

Originally posted by moosedrool View Post
                    You are a very strange person.
                    And you seem very bitter and negative. I would suggest PFF to use K-Y.

Comment

• Originally posted by penguinfarmer View Post
                      And you seem very bitter and negative. I would suggest PFF to use K-Y.
                      Keep resorting to high school sexual humor. It makes you look like a positive person.

Comment

• Originally posted by moosedrool View Post
                        Keep resorting to high school sexual humor. It makes you look like a positive person.
                        what lol...
                        sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Comment

• I agree it's hard to tell who is a fault. For me I put most of the blame on Wilson he needs to stop trying so hard and just follow his blocks and good things can happen. His pass blocking is atrocious, I don't know how he will get better at that. I really liked the kid from Stanford last draft Stephon Taylor if we didn't have Wilson I would've drafted him. Maybe we can grab the other Stanford kid this year if he declares.
                          I really hope Wilson can do something next year. He doesn't even need to be a workhorse RB type but just someone we could use to take advantage of 1-on-1 battles in the passing game or something. Between a Darren Sproles type weapon and using him for both KR and PR, he would still have a purpose.

Meanwhile...http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2013/1...ck-efficiency/

Ugh.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
                            I really hope Wilson can do something next year. He doesn't even need to be a workhorse RB type but just someone we could use to take advantage of 1-on-1 battles in the passing game or something. Between a Darren Sproles type weapon and using him for both KR and PR, he would still have a purpose.

Meanwhile...http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2013/1...ck-efficiency/

Ugh.
                            We need to definitely use him like Darren Sproles or Danny Woodhead.
                            Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
                              what lol...
                              I know right? I hope high schoolers aren't hogging all the jelly.

Comment

• Originally posted by penguinfarmer View Post
                                I know right? I hope high schoolers aren't hogging all the jelly.
                                OK...maybe we should get back to football.
                                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Working...
                                X