Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stinker season and another game not televised

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Stinker season and another game not televised

    Granted I live near Memphis and NY teams are clearly out of market here. But since Eli went to ole miss, and the Giants have been mostly competitive, I think ive missed maybe 4-5 games a year on average without the Sunday ticket package. Even given the fact that their division opponent games are always televised thats a minimum of 8 games guaranteed. This year man I cant see many at all. I can get internet streams and watch some but thats always dicey. Anyway, thought I might rant a bit and see if anyone else lives too far out and has the same problems
    Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.

  • #2
    Watch ur games online.....I never miss any games I want to see.

    It's not very hard to find streaming sports sites. I dare not post any links here but u can PM me.
    Long Live the King

    Comment


    • #3
      I don't get a lot of Giants either. It's always Redskins and Ravens games.

      Like you, I have to use the internet streams. It can be really annoying but as long as I see my Giants, I'm good.
      Mood: WOOF!

      Comment


      • #4
        This team is garbage, I don't blame the networks for not airing their games. How many games have we had this year that showed a display of offensive fireworks??? You kiddin me...we won a game with 5 field goals this year. (Yawn). If this team truly wanted its fans to have something to look forward to they should have shut up with the talking & won the Cowgirl game.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
          I don't get a lot of Giants either. It's always Redskins and Ravens games.

          Like you, I have to use the internet streams. It can be really annoying but as long as I see my Giants, I'm good.
          Tell your parents you need DirecTV for studying
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by DayOneGiant View Post
            This team is garbage, I don't blame the networks for not airing their games. How many games have we had this year that showed a display of offensive fireworks??? You kiddin me...we won a game with 5 field goals this year. (Yawn). If this team truly wanted its fans to have something to look forward to they should have shut up with the talking & won the Cowgirl game.
            It's not a network thing, it's a media market thing. They wouldn't get the games if we were 12-0
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
              Tell your parents you need DirecTV for studying
              I know! That's the only part I hate about going away to school, I don't get all the damn channels. Oh, and we don't freaking live in Jersey anymore so...adios Giants.
              Mood: WOOF!

              Comment


              • #8
                Thing is it MUST be a network decision. Fox always had nfc games with the Giants unless they played an afc rival. at least I remember it that way.
                Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                  I know! That's the only part I hate about going away to school, I don't get all the damn channels. Oh, and we don't freaking live in Jersey anymore so...adios Giants.
                  Never ADIOS, hasta luego When I was transferred to Virginia, our youngest son DEMANDED DirecTV as a term of his agreeing to leave NJ. We have season tickets and he was used to going to every home game.
                  “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    How do you guys think this season will effect the # of primetime games we get next year?


                    Subscribe to me on YouTube: mlerm17
                    Follow me on Twitter @mlerm17

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by gfanblue View Post
                      Thing is it MUST be a network decision. Fox always had nfc games with the Giants unless they played an afc rival. at least I remember it that way.
                      There are contracts requiring them to air the games on the schedule in the various markets they serve. There are local blackout rules for games where the game isn't sold out but I don't think that's ever happened to the Giants.
                      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Mlerman17 View Post
                        How do you guys think this season will effect the # of primetime games we get next year?
                        We probably won't have a lot of night games
                        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Probably not good
                          Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                            It's not a network thing, it's a media market thing. They wouldn't get the games if we were 12-0
                            Really? I live in Dallas & when the Giants were good I rarely would have to go to the bar & watch the games as long as the Cowgirl game did not air at the same time as the Giants. Not so much this season. I want to see this team finish strong, forget selling out for a draft pick, etc. But be for real, this product the Giants mgmt has given us is awful & hard to watch regardless of how the network execs feel about what will draw more eyes. That was my only point.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                              We probably won't have a lot of night games
                              Well, at least the crummy NFL network guarantees them one.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X