Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm sure you Giants fans don't take ownership to this guy as your sports columnist, right?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sure you Giants fans don't take ownership to this guy as your sports columnist, right?

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...s-town-america

This guy is a complete idiot, and I feel bad that he writes for your team. I have a lot of friends from NY, who are fans of the Giants, and even they thought this article, and the guy who wrote it, was a complete idiot. Nothing in this article was valid, but would any of you(Giants fans) agree with him?

Re: I'm sure you Giants fans don't take ownership to this guy as your sports columnist, right?

Umm he does not write for our TEAM - he writes for a national sports organization called ESPN. And it is a well known fact that Atlanta fans have had trouble selling out games in their own arenas - even playoff games - so whats the problem - you're blaming Giant fans for an ESPN article? Do we agree - we dont really care - are there die hard atalanta fans - yep - But the proof is in the pudding and Atlanta fans - maybe more so the brave fans have proven to not show up.

Comment

Re: I'm sure you Giants fans don't take ownership to this guy as your sports columnist, right?

I'm not blaming you. I just thought you should know that this is the kind of person supporting you and your team.

Also, the Falcons have had a higher ticket sale percentage than the Giants(in a bigger city AND stadium), so if we don't show up to games what do Giants fans do?

The truth is in the numbers.

Comment

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ycn-10801415

Comment

[quote user="Gonzalez"]I'm not blaming you. I just thought you should know that this is the kind of person supporting you and your team.

Also, the Falcons have had a higher ticket sale percentage than the Giants(in a bigger city AND stadium), so if we don't show up to games what do Giants fans do?

The truth is in the numbers.[/quote]

truth is, we are not going to care about you and you aren't going to care about us after this sunday.

Comment

[quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"][quote user="Gonzalez"]I'm not blaming you. I just thought you should know that this is the kind of person supporting you and your team.

This

truth is, we are not going to care about you and you aren't going to care about us after this sunday.[/quote]
            Football has been very, very good to us.
            After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
            But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
            2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
            3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
            4-New York Giants!!!
            5-NE
            Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

HE WRITES FOR ESPN and ESPNY - that is not affiliated with the Gmen at all. Not sure why we would care - again atlanta fans have a bad rep - perhaps its more braves fans (who never sell out the stadium) and hawks fans.

Comment

a couple things:

1) As many have stated this is some idiot at ESPN trying to push your buttons, and you bit.

2) Atlanta Falcons attendence is not bad at all this year. That guy should look at the stats. The Falcons actually have a higher % at home games than we do THIS YEAR. the difference is in bad years people still attend Giants games, not so much in Atlanta.

3) What you dont hear this guy mention is the correlation between warm weather climates like Atltana, Miami, San Diego, Arizona, Tampa, Jacksonville and the low attendence of their professional sports. its just a fact that when the weather is nice people have options. They can go to a football game, they can go to the beach, play an outdoor sport themselves, etc etc etc.

After college, I spent some time living outside ATL. Its a decent sports city. The Braves are definitly king tho.
                sigpic

Comment

OMG i'm so embarassed i'm BLUSHING

Troll

You think we give a **** about what he says?

Comment

I lol'd.

Comment

The writers a jerk... They don't deserve to win? How does this even get allowed to print, it's awful.

This part really made me say wtf
                      "-- the Thrashers are now in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Winnipeg? How embarrassing."

Comment

[quote user="Gonzalez"]I'm not blaming you. I just thought you should know that this is the kind of person supporting you and your team. Also, the Falcons have had a higher ticket sale percentage than the Giants(in a bigger city AND stadium), so if we don't show up to games what do Giants fans do? The truth is in the numbers.[/quote]

He's not supporting us or our team. He's supporting the check he gets from a company in Bristol, CT.

Comment

[quote user="Gonzalez"]I'm not blaming you. I just thought you should know that this is the kind of person supporting you and your team.

New York is a big town...we have lots of different types of people supporting our team. Are you trying to say that every sports writer covering the Atlanta beat is mature, intelligent and knowledgeable? If so, that would be a major break thru as I don't think any other city in the nation could say that...

Comment

You're pretty butthurt over something that has no relevance at all.

Comment

I can validate his claim that typical falcons fans don't track their team well regarding stats or game time with this. Yesterday (Friday) a die-hard falcons fan co-worker who knows I happen to bleed blue advised me that on Saturday the Matty ice was gonna take it to the Giants. I had to reply with an immediate challenge to his fan-hood by advising him of the proper game time being on SUNDAY. And that the only thing MATTY might bring the Giants might be room service.

Additionally this event took place in the state of GEORGIA.

Comment

Working...
                              X