Have you seen Steve Smith???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you seen Steve Smith???

Whatever happened to that sorry money hungry receiver we use to have. Wonder what he's doing these days. He still on facebook? Boy, did Victor Cruz make Smith look like an everyday practice squad receiver. LOL I love Cruz. He's that fire we've needed for Years since Shockey left. That Salsa dance has gotten the football world itching to see it.

Re: Have you seen Steve Smith???

CRUUUUUUUUUUZ

Comment

I'm sorry.....who?
      I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

I think i saw him at Target filling out an application.

Comment

[quote user="Latinoshockeyfan"]Whatever happened to that sorry money hungry receiver we use to have. Wonder what he's doing these days. He still on facebook? Boy, did Victor Cruz make Smith look like an everyday practice squad receiver. LOL I love Cruz. He's that fire we've needed for Years since Shockey left. That Salsa dance has gotten the football world itching to see it.[/quote]

Money hungry? If anyone's money hungry it's the guy on the Giants who's complaining about his contract every year. I think he wears #72? Heck he still had 3-4 years on his newest deal when he started crying after Tuck signed his extension.

It's easy to make fun of the guy in hind sight.

He was clearly Eli's favorite target and it showed when he brought in 107 catches for 1200 yards. His agent's job is to get him as much money as possible, and he rightfully turned down a deal the Giants offered after the 2009 season because it wasn't on par with the deals other WRs were getting. Still, Smith didn't holdout or cry publicly about wanting a new contract. He elected to play the 2010 season without a new deal, and suffered a knee injury. That's very unfortunate for a player (eg: Terrell Thomas got hurt at the worst possible time as well).

Think of it from the players point of view. He's now hurt and all of the work he put in to get notoriety has lost a lot of it's value because of his knee injury. The more money a team offers him, the more confidence and commitment it shows towards him obviously. I don't blame the guy for feeling disrespected by the Giants.

I'm typically always in favor of the players when there is a contract/money dilemma versus the owners. I watch the games on tv here in California via DirecTV. I'm paying to watch the players play, not to watch the rich owners sit in a press box.

“Basically just stay with your man,” cornerback Janoris Jenkins said. “Follow him everywhere you go. Even if he goes to the bathroom, follow him.”

Comment

He's still looking for his Mulligan.

GO JAI-YANTS!!

Comment

He was IR'ed with 11 catches, under 200 yards and 1 TD (vs NYG).

Comment

If healthy and Mario leaves via FA I would take Smith back as OUR slot guy for a reasonable price for sure.

Agreed with last poster - the NFL is a tough business and the man got hurt at the worst time. A time when he could;ve seen a huge contract for all the bone crunching hits he'd taken previously. Instead he settled for a one year deal which is a pittance compared to what he would've made. As it turns out the Gmen were right THIS YEAR, due to physical ailments he wasnt ready - perhaps he comes somewhat back to form next year. And if our docs think he might - id love him in our slot. If not - we move fwd like we did this year.

Comment

I was gonna get his jersey for $9.95 at Ross.

Comment

Man SS will always be my dog. He came to play every game for the Gmen. Never slacked off and was one of the best when he was healthy. You all want to put it on SS but I know it was the FOs fault. You don't low ball your key players. That is what they did and he took the better offer as he should. If I give you my sweat, blood, and tears then I expect to be paid. As good as he was before the knee injury it was worth the risk of giving him guaranteed money. Reese learned his lesson. He won't try that BS when Cruz or Nicks have to resign.

Man, SS was a good Giant and I say he's a good guy, but at the end of the day you got to do you.

He was a proven commodity. He can still comeback from this knee injury. I wish him the best and good health.
                    Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

SS12 will be our slot reciever next year. Looking forward to seeing hiim back in blue, where he belongs

Comment

[quote user="Eli TO Shockey"]SS12 will be our slot reciever next year. Looking forward to seeing hiim back in blue, where he belongs
                        [/quote]

so steve smith left bc the Giants supposedly lowballed him. They thought he wouldnt be ready bc of his injury. He got butthurt so he left to the first deal he could get, to the eagles, to prove the Giants org. that he was ready.

Instead he put up incredible (red font) stats that went for 11 catches 124 yards and 1 td AND then got IRed AGAIN. Do you honestly think that the deal the Giants would give him next year, if he comes back, would be better then the eagles gave him this year?

He will be lucky to get a veteran's minimum next year. He did absolutely nothing to prove that he is worth ANY money after his injury.

Should have been patient like our other players, such as Kiwi, who rehabbed properly, followed the team's advice and then came back.

Comment

[quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"][quote user="Eli TO Shockey"]SS12 will be our slot reciever next year. Looking forward to seeing hiim back in blue, where he belongs
                          [/quote]

so steve smith left bc the Giants supposedly lowballed him. They thought he wouldnt be ready bc of his injury. He got butthurt so he left to the first deal he could get, to the eagles, to prove the Giants org. that he was ready.

Instead he put up incredible (red font) stats that went for 11 catches 124 yards and 1 td AND then got IRed AGAIN. Do you honestly think that the deal the Giants would give him next year, if he comes back, would be better then the eagles gave him this year?

He will be lucky to get a veteran's minimum next year. He did absolutely nothing to prove that he is worth ANY money after his injury.

Should have been patient like our other players, such as Kiwi, who rehabbed properly, followed the team's advice and then came back.[/quote]Couldn't agree more.

I'm sorry but I don't want the jerk back here ever.

CRUUUZZZZ!!! Is where it's at baby!

Comment

He will not be back with the Giants.

Comment

[quote user="B&RWarrior"]Man SS will always be my dog. He came to play every game for the Gmen. Never slacked off and was one of the best when he was healthy. You all want to put it on SS but I know it was the FOs fault. You don't low ball your key players. That is what they did and he took the better offer as he should. If I give you my sweat, blood, and tears then I expect to be paid. As good as he was before the knee injury it was worth the risk of giving him guaranteed money. Reese learned his lesson. He won't try that BS when Cruz or Nicks have to resign. Man, SS was a good Giant and I say he's a good guy, but at the end of the day you got to do you. He was a proven commodity. He can still comeback from this knee injury. I wish him the best and good health.[/quote]

What an asinine post. "Lowballed"??? How did paying him more and putting him on the field before he was ready work out for him and the Eagles??? Not only did he get greedy but he went to a hated division rival!! The ONLY way SS doesn't look wrong in this case is if he did it just to screw with the Eagles.

Steve Smith will be lucky to get the vet minimum from ANY team next season.

I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Working...
                              X