THE END OF DOMINANT DEFENSE?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE END OF DOMINANT DEFENSE?

Seriously i think the end of a big bad defense is done in the league. Minus a few good defenses, the league as a whole can't cover anyone. How the hell do you draft for this type of offense these days? You need talent in all major spots.

Re: THE END OF DOMINANT DEFENSE?

It will come back around

Comment

[quote user="Voldamort"]It will come back around[/quote]

Agree, with all these teams becoming high rated offenses, the team with the best defense will come out on top sooner or later.

Comment

The league is made for offense now. The days of hard clean hits are over. If a Safety looks at a WR the wrong way he will get a personal foul penalty.

Comment

Hope you're right cause id hate to have to watch our games every week like this.

Comment

It will. I would say that the 49ers had a dominant D this year, and I would still put the Steelers up there.

It's a matter of the entire league adapting to the modern offense / QB league. The adaptation will occur, and hopefully it will be the Giants.

Comment

San Fran, Steelers, and Ravens are in the playoffs too.

People are just getting carried away by record setting stats and mezmorized by huges scores against teams with no defense.

Comment

[quote user="Sundown"]Seriously i think the end of a big bad defense is done in the league. Minus a few good defenses, the league as a whole can't cover anyone. How the hell do you draft for this type of offense these days? You need talent in all major spots.[/quote]People might think this is some kind of conspiracy theory, but the league wants it this way.

What drives the NFL? Money. And Rodger Goodell will do whatever he can to get it. The days of smash mouth D are gone.

The league is tailored to protect QB's WR's....all offensive players. Countless penalties are handicapping the defense. It's not about adapting. The league won't let you.

Its all about offense now. People won't watch the NFL if it's a offensive struggle negated by sound defense. The attention span of most fans is zero.

More offense means more fans and more fans = more $$$

It's a money league now and it wont change. One of the reasons my father quit watching football all together.

Comment

not with the way rules are now

Comment

I think there will be rule changes if this trend continues.

Maybe changing the 5 yards of contact to 10 would bring things back to normal. They also have to cut wayyyyy down on defensive pass interference penalties.

Comment

I have no problem with an offensive shootout every now and again, but jeez i feel like there are multiple high scoring games every week.

People think this is entertaining watching defenses get embarrassed every week?

it's gotten to the point where i don't say "knock it down" when people are covering, but instead "please don't get flagged" and that is annoying having to think that way for every pass play. /rant over
                      "...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

Comment

[quote user="jjj45"][quote user="Sundown"]Seriously i think the end of a big bad defense is done in the league. Minus a few good defenses, the league as a whole can't cover anyone. How the hell do you draft for this type of offense these days? You need talent in all major spots.[/quote]People might think this is some kind of conspiracy theory, but the league wants it this way.

What drives the NFL? Money. And Rodger Goodell will do whatever he can to get it. The days of smash mouth D are gone.

The league is tailored to protect QB's WR's....all offensive players. Countless penalties are handicapping the defense. It's not about adapting. The league won't let you.

Its all about offense now. People won't watch the NFL if it's a offensive struggle negated by sound defense. The attention span of most fans is zero.

More offense means more fans and more fans = more $$$

It's a money league now and it wont change. One of the reasons my father quit watching football all together.
                        [/quote]Very good post JJJ!

Comment

[quote user="buddy33"]The league is made for offense now. The days of hard clean hits are over. If a Safety looks at a WR the wrong way he will get a personal foul penalty.[/quote]
                          This !
                          " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

I like a good offense but damn its getting a little out of hand. The Lions DB touched the receivers helmet and got flagged. Its almost to the point why draft for defensive players? Load up on offensive weapons and outscore everyone.

Comment

[quote user="Sundown"]I like a good offense but damn its getting a little out of hand. The Lions DB touched the receivers helmet and got flagged. Its almost to the point why draft for defensive players? Load up on offensive weapons and outscore everyone.[/quote]

That penalty was absurd. I would be loading up on olinemen, WR's, TE's if I were drafting. Whats the point of worrying about a secondary? Even if someone is good the schemes, rules, injuries and lack of depth are likely to render those skills marginal. Any decent athlete with good hands who is tall is going to be turned into a WR long before the NFL. Decent RB's can be had as undrafted FA's. It seems like the only defensive positions that matter are d line and mlb at this point.

Comment

Working...
                              X