No announcement yet.

The offense needs to help the defense.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The offense needs to help the defense.

The offense has been good this year while the defense with so many injuries has struggled. It's been posted that the Giants injuries on defense rank something like the 3rd worst over the last decade.

As good as the offense is at times, they have not always taken advantage of when the defense creates turn overs. Some of the best teams in the NFL right now have some of the worst defenses. The difference is that when their defense does create a turn over the offense makes points off of those turn overs.

Re: The offense needs to help the defense.

[quote user="buddy33"]The offense has been good this year while the defense with so many injuries has struggled. It's been posted that the Giants injuries on defense rank something like the 3rd worst over the last decade.

As good as the offense is at times, they have not always taken advantage of when the defense creates turn overs. Some of the best teams in the NFL right now have some of the worst defenses. The difference is that when their defense does create a turn over the offense makes points off of those turn overs.[/quote]

I think the two best games where both sides of the ball as a whole was the first Eagles game and the Pats game.

We must play 60 minutes for the rest of the year.

Comment

As good as this offense is, it has a tendency to be hot and cold... they have a lot of 3 and outs. I am confident the offense will get enough big plays and score points, but they also need to sustain drives and give the defense time to rest.
      My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Comment

Today is about the defense. They need to play big again. Stop the run and get Ryan on his back often.

Comment

2nd eagles game- 3 turnovers = 0 points off them
          Saints- 0 turnovers
          packers- 1 turnover=7 points
          cowboys 1st game=1 turnover=3 points
          redskins=2 turnovers?=0 points
          Jets game=7 turnovers(lol 4 called back)=3 points
          2nd Cowboys game=1 turnover=0 points

our offense is not great at taking advantage of turnovers. regardless I still have hope our team will show up

GO BIG BLUE

"...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

Comment

past doesnt matter anymore

both better NUT UP and punch them in the mouth. Team effort or we're in trouble

GO GIANTS !!!

Comment

Giants need to stop Turner and then put the hurt on Ryan when he resorts to passing.

Comment

[quote user="nygfanmaybe"]Giants need to stop Turner and thing put the hurt on Ryan when he resorts to passing.[/quote]

this!

sigpic

Comment

[quote user="brad"]As good as this offense is, it has a tendency to be hot and cold... they have a lot of 3 and outs. I am confident the offense will get enough big plays and score points, but they also need to sustain drives and give the defense time to rest.[/quote]

I agree with this. It has to be the other way around. For majority of the season the offense chose to get into the game late in the 2nd half after the D has gotten tired. They need to be sharp early and not allow ATL to have long drives.
                  Emperor Tom

Comment

Agreed. The best case would be starting out like last week and if we win the toss I think we should defer once again. Grimes is out which is big for them and the Giants need to take advantage of it. Pick on Owens early and often.

Get a quick three and out and then hit the gas.

Ringing in the 2012 season!

Comment

Working...
                    X